You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Would it better for us if Sky Poker was a skin site?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

Logged on just after midnight tonight to play a few MTT and there is absolutely nothing happening! 5 or 6 people had registered for a £50 guaranteed scary and thats it.

So I have a look round the site and apart from a few DYM's and the cash tables the site might as well have tumble weed blowing through it. On another site, I'm doing a Chris Ferguson challenge of building a bank roll from free rolls, and at the same time they had several $5k,10k & 20k guaranteed MTTs from $2 over the next couple of hours.

This brings me to my point, would we be better off as players if Sky was just a cryptologic or ipoker skin and we benefitted from the joint lobby from other skins to keep the numbers up?

I'm really at a cross roads with Sky as I'm making profit here but the lack of quality large field MTT's leaves me with only the DYM's as regular game and its proper grinding to make money.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Would it better for us if Sky Poker was a skin site?:
    Logged on just after midnight tonight to play a few MTT and there is absolutely nothing happening! 5 or 6 people had registered for a £50 guaranteed scary and thats it. So I have a look round the site and apart from a few DYM's and the cash tables the site might as well have tumble weed blowing through it. On another site, I'm doing a Chris Ferguson challenge of building a bank roll from free rolls, and at the same time they had several $5k,10k & 20k guaranteed MTTs from $2 over the next couple of hours. This brings me to my point, would we be better off as players if Sky was just a cryptologic or ipoker skin and we benefitted from the joint lobby from other skins to keep the numbers up? I'm really at a cross roads with Sky as I'm making profit here but the lack of quality large field MTT's leaves me with only the DYM's as regular game and its proper grinding to make money.
    Posted by ACE_RAGE
    I think one of the main reasons i enjoy playing here is because Sky is a stand alone site. Personally i wouldn't like to see the change you have mentioned however i do get what you are saying regarding the lack of action. I think that is something that could be addressed over time but by different means. Some headline making guaranteed MTTs would be a good start.
  • edited June 2010
    In a word mate, NO!

I understand your frustration at not getting the required amount of action but the beauty of Sky is the community and the camaraderie that it has! By putting it onto a skin, you would destroy all the best things about it and just make it the same as every other nondescript site!

If you just want action then any site will provide you with your fix, but if you want geat games, great banter, great interaction, great TV shows, great promotions (there is NOTHING better than Sky's Viva Las Vegas promotion, not ANYWHERE!) and a feeling of being part of it all, then I would say keep it away from skins!!!

Cheers, Chris
  • edited June 2010
    There's any amount of skins to find "action" on 24/7

There's only one Sky.

There's one move I believe they can make that would possibly up the numbers across the tourneys whilst (hopefully) retaining their unique identity - and that's to become downloadable.

I undertand "0n the back burner" doesn;t begin to describe it.

But as I personally very rarely fire up more than 2 games at a time I like Sky just as it is - a one off community that is working together to make progress thanks largely to some very imaginative (and regular) ideas coming from above.
  • edited June 2010
    Absolutely not.

Diggerman has said it all perfectly & there's really not much more I can add. I feel that Sky is unique in how it does what it does & as I've said in previous threads, I've tried the so called bigger sites but it's all too impersonal.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Would it better for us if Sky Poker was a skin site?:
    There's any amount of skins to find "action" on 24/7 There's only one Sky. There's one move I believe they can make that would possibly up the numbers across the tourneys whilst (hopefully) retaining their unique identity - and that's to become downloadable. I undertand "0n the back burner" doesn;t begin to describe it. But as I personally very rarely fire up more than 2 games at a time I like Sky just as it is - a one off community that is working together to make progress thanks largely to some very imaginative (and regular) ideas coming from above.
    Posted by Dud_Butini

You mean those 900 channels high up in the EPG Jock? lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Would it better for us if Sky Poker was a skin site?:
    Logged on just after midnight tonight to play a few MTT and there is absolutely nothing happening! 5 or 6 people had registered for a £50 guaranteed scary and thats it. So I have a look round the site and apart from a few DYM's and the cash tables the site might as well have tumble weed blowing through it. On another site, I'm doing a Chris Ferguson challenge of building a bank roll from free rolls, and at the same time they had several $5k,10k & 20k guaranteed MTTs from $2 over the next couple of hours. This brings me to my point, would we be better off as players if Sky was just a cryptologic or ipoker skin and we benefitted from the joint lobby from other skins to keep the numbers up? I'm really at a cross roads with Sky as I'm making profit here but the lack of quality large field MTT's leaves me with only the DYM's as regular game and its proper grinding to make money.
    Posted by ACE_RAGE

Be careful.........you may be hearing from my lawyers
  • edited June 2010

In Response to Re: Would it better for us if Sky Poker was a skin site? : You mean those 900 channels high up in the EPG Jock? lol
    Posted by LML
    erm..............whooosh?.......he tries/lies

When I saw LML was lining up to comment on this thread I had an idea a different approach to skins may just happen to crop up.

• edited June 2010
    over my dead body
  • edited June 2010

Not a ground swell of support for that idea then.

• edited June 2010
    I agree with you that after midnight, the MTT and STT tables are very poor, however cash games are normally fine. The thing with the other sites is, they are global, and midnight here is not midnight everywhere else, and as sky customers generally operate in the european time zones, this will always happen. As to forming an alliance with other sites, i dont like this, i prefer to know who im playing with.
  • edited June 2010
    All the regs here have put it perfectly SKY is unique and lets KEEP it that way.Would be nice though if more after midnight tournies were available.dav
  • edited June 2010
    If this happened know one would ever play on sky again as it would lose everything which makes sky poker special, other skins have better software and better rakeback deals so there would be no need to play on sky.

Also the ipoker network will probably seperate soon as the biggest skins are getting annoyed that they do all the advertising to get loads of fish on their site and the smaller skins just attract regulars with good rakeback deals and are ruining the games.
  • edited June 2010
    Playing poker naked eh, interesting ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Naked poker???

A whole new meaning to holding the "nuts" :)
  • edited June 2010
    Playing poker naked eh, interesting ;)
    Posted by acebarry10
     We cant do that we would all be pointing at LML and not with our fingers! 8)
  • edited June 2010
    Not a ground swell of support for that idea then.
    Posted by ACE_RAGE
    sorry m8 i agree with u , but ure fighting against short sighted  forum regulars ...and if sky dont adress this issue , then they wil never  be at the forefront of poker sites  :(
  • edited June 2010
    Naked poker??? A whole new meaning to holding the "nuts" :)
    Posted by bigbiker22
    I wouldn't  fancy a "backdoor flush" though.
  • edited June 2010
    i would never play here again is sky was a 'skin site'
  • edited June 2010
    i would never play here again is sky was a 'skin site'
    Posted by sikas
    oh well im sure thats a deal breaker for them then..lol
  • edited June 2010
    NO,NO,NO,NO,AND...NO

There is a little site called pokerstars,you may of heard of it?they have mtt's with up to 100k runners,(should keep you busy)
    you can always sign up and spend your hard earned profit from sky on there

gl,dave
  • edited June 2010

i don't want to see sky become a skin or download site. once the download comes in then next will come rakeback witch will bring in all the rakeback nits, i don't wanna see this i like sky as it is.
    traffic is a little low, only 6x £50nl and 3x £100nl tables on the go before and at 9pm on a saturday thats poor.
    I know the weather has allot to do with it and im sure sky are trying their best to bring up the traffic like the £1000 sighn up bonus.  If im honest its a great site and i cant understand why traffic is so low and im sure the sky suits think the same.