You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diggerman takes down `TAKE ON TIKAY`

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I've qualified for Swansea tonight too so GOOD GOOD TIMES! ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks again everybody for all your support and comments!
  • edited June 2010
    well done digger was on the same table as you when i crashed out 20th place you are one aggressive mama !! lol oh and has any one watched the tournament on tv as i aint seen it am i missing something
     dan arr9dina
  • edited June 2010

Great result for a great bloke. I'm chuffed to bits for you, Chris.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Diggerman takes down `TAKE ON TIKAY`:
    is this tournament on TV? (865), as it has the TV logo by it but when i played in it last week i turned on expecting to see it covered, but it didn,t get a nention
    Posted by MP33
    Hi Mr MP.

I'd like to explain this "TV Logo" thing, which is sometimes seen against a Tourney, or Cash Table.

It's (arguably) wrong to show Tables on the Channel which have not been advertised with the TV Logo, because some players, especially on the higher-limit Cash Tables, do not want their play to be "exposed".

So, any Table or Tourney which may be featured on the Channel has the TV Logo against it, it's a sort of cover-all precaution.

But that does not mean it necessarily will be shown on the Channel.

I hope that makes sense. Sort of.

I have no idea if the Channel has any plans to show coverage of Take-on-Tikay. Personally, I'd like that they did - obviously! - but the Tourney plays out so nicely, because of the Structure, it'd be good to see some thinking poker, instead of the situations where, quite often, everyone only has a shove-stack.

But there is only so much air-time available, there is so much choice available, & truth to tell, the majority of the players here seem to prefer the faster-structured stuff.

I'm very grateful to everyone who have made pleasing remarks about the structure of this Tourney, by the way.

Contrary to the views of the person who said Sky Poker do not want slow structures, they just want players to bust early & play again, Sky Poker want to give ANY structures which the players will enjoy, & support, irrespective of pace or duration. To that end, I am in Harrogate tomorrow, & plan to ask if they will consider further Tournaments similar to the T-o-T, maybe on a Monday &/or Wednesday, which would be identically structured.
  • edited June 2010

Meanwhile......have YOU entered this week's T-o-T yet?

It IS in the Lobby, & has exactly TWO Runners.

Come on, let's walk the walk!
  • edited June 2010

im going to enter it tikay and hopefully out last you again hahahahaha i mean this in a nice way of course as you do give us a load of tips so thanks for that old man. (oh and i mean that in a nice way to). right better go and walk the walk

chow for now !!!!:)

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Diggerman takes down `TAKE ON TIKAY` : Hi Mr MP. I'd like to explain this "TV Logo" thing, which is sometimes seen against a Tourney, or Cash Table. It's (arguably) wrong to show Tables on the Channel which have not been advertised with the TV Logo, because some players, especially on the higher-limit Cash Tables, do not want their play to be "exposed". So, any Table or Tourney which may be featured on the Channel has the TV Logo against it, it's a sort of cover-all precaution. But that does not mean it necessarily will be shown on the Channel. I hope that makes sense. Sort of. I have no idea if the Channel has any plans to show coverage of Take-on-Tikay. Personally, I'd like that they did - obviously! - but the Tourney plays out so nicely, because of the Structure, it'd be good to see some thinking poker, instead of the situations where, quite often, everyone only has a shove-stack. But there is only so much air-time available, there is so much choice available, & truth to tell, the majority of the players here seem to prefer the faster-structured stuff. I'm very grateful to everyone who have made pleasing remarks about the structure of this Tourney, by the way. Contrary to the views of the person who said Sky Poker do not want slow structures, they just want players to bust early & play again, Sky Poker want to give ANY structures which the players will enjoy, & support, irrespective of pace or duration. To that end, I am in Harrogate tomorrow, & plan to ask if they will consider further Tournaments similar to the T-o-T, maybe on a Monday &/or Wednesday, which would be identically structured.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That`s good of you Tikay.
    I would love to see more  of this excellent structured tourney.
    I`m in this week
    Good luck to all players!xxxx
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Diggerman takes down `TAKE ON TIKAY` : plan to ask if they will consider further Tournaments similar to the T-o-T, maybe on a Monday &/or Wednesday, which would be identically structured.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's good news - for me, like many others I suspect, Friday nights is more often than not spent on a pub crawl.