You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What does Emile Heskey acyually do?????

edited June 2010 in The Football Corner
Apart from hold the ball up, which other players can do what else does Emile Heskey do?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    he falls to the ground almost as easily as drogba
  • edited June 2010
    He can`t HOLD the ball up like the great
      Thierry Henry.
    Heskey won`t get lay a hand on the ball,
    or him.
    Heskey`s best position is flat out on his back.
  • edited June 2010
    He is great at injuring the captain a week before the world cup lol

Watch out stevie g
  • edited June 2010
    Warms the villa bench up,

I must confess I am a fan, I know he is a donk in front of goal but he does bring every player into the game and being a physical player despite going down easily he does occupy the defense. I also think he is the best at the game in getting into the channels just a shame he cant find end product. His biggest problem is the same as Walcott when they get through they should just hit it because the minute they think about it, it all goes wrong.
  • edited June 2010
    As a Liverpool fan I have been a fan of him for years and have watched him many times.

He is really good at making space for the other forwards and gets them into positions where it is easier to score from.

I can't count how many times while at Liverpool he ran to the left of the area and took 2 defenders with him so Owen could nip in 1 on 1 and score.

And he also does a lot of defending from the front, like Rooney closing down and not allowing them time to controll it and knock it about which induces mistakes. Surely you would want Heskey doing it and letting Rooney be the one intercepting a stray pass.
  • edited June 2010
    "And he also does a lot of defending from the front, like Rooney closing down and not allowing them time to controll it and knock it about which induces mistakes."

Bloody ell anyone can do this.

Darren Bent could do this.

Stephen Warnock could do this.

Rob Green could do this.

IIIIIII COULD DO THAT!!

Strikers need to score.....Crouch all the wayyyyy
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to What does Emile Heskey acyually do?????:
    Apart from hold the ball up, which other players can do what else does Emile Heskey do?
    Posted by MP33
    IM A VILLA FAN AND BEEN WONDERING THAT ALL SEASON , HOPE WILL SELL HIM
  • edited June 2010
    I agree heskey does create more space for the other striker. But this is the only thing he offers.

• edited June 2010

Watched the warm up game earier and i,m still not a fan of Heskeys.

When Rooney had the ball in the box it looked almost a formality to score, but instead he played a short pass to Heskey who fumbled about and lost the ball.

I think it show how much he needs a goal for his confidence and the other players are aware of that as well, as I would hope if that was a world cup game Rooney would have taken the shot on.

Anyway, not going to moan about him anymore as he is in the squad and no-one can change that now. I just hope the warm up gamew today highlights the fact to Cappello that he is not world class and would be taking the place of a better player 

Cmon England!!

• edited June 2010
    u forgot to meantion the free header from 5 yards out he hit wide!!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: What does Emile Heskey acyually do?????:
    u forgot to meantion the free header from 5 yards out he hit wide!!!
    Posted by 35suited

lol - he should have hit target at v.least - Lets just pray he stays on that bench
  • edited June 2010
    lets just pray he injures himself, so that a proper striker "bent" can take his place