You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I don't do cash, so........

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Thanks for the kind comments; it was fun playing with you too.
I'd just like to echo your comments about Tikay and Lisa-Marie.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    The last couple of Main Events I've played have been a disaster. Out in the first 10 minutes is becoming my signature lately, so ........

Taking DOHx7's advice I had a cash session last night and it was brilliant. Don't panic this isn't a brag-brag post because I didn't really make much of a profit for a night's 'work,' but I had such a good time. I played a Mastercash table and was surrounded by some really scary players. The chatbox banter (orchestrated and led by Dylan) was brilliant and it was a few hours of excellent poker. Then the highlight of the night was a session of HiLo Omaha. I lost a buy-in or three but so what! Tikay was on the table, on his night off btw, and I'm sure he was chuckling to himself at the antics of most of the rest of us in trying to get to grips with the HiLo game. Dylan and Greg provided the infectious humour, and Vince's dry wit was brilliant. Cowgo provided the 'fishyness factor' (yes, I'm bitter and twisted), and even scary Tommy joined in the game late on. The 'main course' was great but the 'sweet' was delicious when Lisa Marie joined-in for a post-show wind down.

The only downside was a brief talk about a certain post criticising the Sky analysts and presenters. Where else can you play this game with such good company and as a bonus have the presenters join you into the early hours when they could so easily have clocked off and done their own thing. These folk don't just talk the talk!

I'll probably bomb-out of the Primo tonight but hopefully there will be a game of HiLo to restore my sanity later on. After 30 years of playing tournaments I've discovered the pleasures of a cash game. I run so good! 
  • edited June 2010

Thank you for the kind comments Alan.

Yes, it was my night off, &  was just chilling, having a quiet (not chatting, just relaxing & playing) PLO8 session before an early night after a day off in which I'd had some really rather serious personal issues to attend to. LML mentioned on the Show I was on a PLO8 Table & suddenly, it was bedlam!

To cut a long story short, we soon had two full PLO8 Tables on the go, & my early night became an early morning - it was 04.30 this morning before we eventually pulled stumps, the final four being Hoggers, Mere, BennyDip & myself.

I'm doing tonight's Show, but hopefully I may be able to join you for a while afterwards. But I'm on those Tables almost every night, so call again!

I have to say, that summed up poker for me - it was such fun, & everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. It's remarkable how Omaha players never mon about "beats", because if you want to see "beats", Omaha is the game, & they were two-a-penny last night.

Elsa got coolered time after time, usually by Cowgomoo, who in turn got coolered several times by me, but everyone took their medicine stoically.

To all those who took part, thank you.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi tikay

I'd had some really rather serious personal issues to attend to. Hope it goes well for you good sir
  • edited June 2010
    Whoops!  I forgot to mention Benny, how could I ?  An 'old school fish' if ever there was one. Sry m8 but it was a late night/early morning for me :o(
  • edited June 2010
    Yey Alan (nurse Elsa! lol)
    Well done, dead glad you found another type of game that you found fun :o)
    Good luck in the Primo tonight x
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I don't do cash, so........:
    Thank you for the kind comments Alan. Yes, it was my night off, &  was just chilling, having a quiet (not chatting, just relaxing & playing) PLO8 session before an early night after a day off in which I'd had some really rather serious personal issues to attend to. LML mentioned on the Show I was on a PLO8 Table & suddenly, it was bedlam! To cut a long story short, we soon had two full PLO8 Tables on the go, & my early night became an early morning - it was 04.30 this morning before we eventually pulled stumps, the final four being Hoggers, Mere, BennyDip & myself. I'm doing tonight's Show, but hopefully I may be able to join you for a while afterwards. But I'm on those Tables almost every night, so call again! I have to say, that summed up poker for me - it was such fun, & everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. It's remarkable how Omaha players never mon about "beats", because if you want to see "beats", Omaha is the game, & they were two-a-penny last night. Elsa got coolered time after time, usually by Cowgomoo, who in turn got coolered several times by me, but everyone took their medicine stoically. To all those who took part, thank you.
    Posted by Tikay10

thank you too tikay,

was great fun, i do not consider myself an ohama player, far from it, but its great to play with super players like yourself, merenovice, tommyd, llama, to name but 4, at affordable stakes!

got to be a great learning tool!

hoggers
  • edited June 2010
    Yey Alan (nurse Elsa! lol) Well done, dead glad you found another type of game that you found fun :o) Good luck in the Primo tonight x
    Posted by BananaDog
    Thnx Banana, going on recent form I should be sat at a HiLo table by 8.15 :o) My last two (very early) exits with AA vs KK and AKs vs K8os don't bode well for tonight.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I don't do cash, so........ : Thnx Banana, going on recent form I should be sat at a HiLo table by 8.15 :o) My last two (very early) exits with AA vs KK and AKs vs K8os don't bode well for tonight.
    Posted by elsadog
    You'll be great...be positive...glass half full...be the cards...may the force be with you! :o)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I don't do cash, so........ : Thnx Banana, going on recent form I should be sat at a HiLo table by 8.15 :o) My last two (very early) exits with AA vs KK and AKs vs K8os don't bode well for tonight.
    Posted by elsadog
     Or to look it another way it does bode well Its your turn to get lucky! Always think positive!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I don't do cash, so........ :  Or to look it another way it does bode well Its your turn to get lucky! Always think positive!
    Posted by Donut64
    OK Donut and Banana have convinced me to be positive ......... I'll book the Hi/Lo table for 8.30.

8.15 is just so negative :o)
  • edited June 2010

The very best of luck in the Primo hunni xxxxx
  • edited June 2010
    gl elsa

remember 23 is the nuts!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to I don't do cash, so........:
    The last couple of Main Events I've played have been a disaster. Out in the first 10 minutes is becoming my signature lately, so ........ Taking DOHx7's advice I had a cash session last night and it was brilliant. Don't panic this isn't a brag-brag post because I didn't really make much of a profit for a night's 'work,' but I had such a good time. I played a Mastercash table and was surrounded by some really scary players. The chatbox banter (orchestrated and led by Dylan) was brilliant and it was a few hours of excellent poker. Then the highlight of the night was a session of HiLo Omaha. I lost a buy-in or three but so what! Tikay was on the table, on his night off btw, and I'm sure he was chuckling to himself at the antics of most of the rest of us in trying to get to grips with the HiLo game. Dylan and Greg provided the infectious humour, and Vince's dry wit was brilliant. Cowgo provided the 'fishyness factor' (yes, I'm bitter and twisted), and even scary Tommy joined in the game late on. The 'main course' was great but the 'sweet' was delicious when Lisa Marie joined-in for a post-show wind down. The only downside was a brief talk about a certain post criticising the Sky analysts and presenters. Where else can you play this game with such good company and as a bonus have the presenters join you into the early hours when they could so easily have clocked off and done their own thing. These folk don't just talk the talk! I'll probably bomb-out of the Primo tonight but hopefully there will be a game of HiLo to restore my sanity later on. After 30 years of playing tournaments I've discovered the pleasures of a cash game. I run so good! 
    Posted by elsadog
    Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. I myself am a tournament player, as you know since we've met in a few of the bigger ones in the past, however like yourself i also recently tried cash (although only the 15p 30p tables) i also enjoyed it, although maybe it was the levels i was playing or maybe its just cash i found people where just far too loose compared to what i was used to.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to I don't do cash, so........ : Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. I myself am a tournament player, as you know since we've met in a few of the bigger ones in the past, however like yourself i also recently tried cash (although only the 15p 30p tables) i also enjoyed it, although maybe it was the levels i was playing or maybe its just cash i found people where just far too loose compared to what i was used to.
    Posted by The_Don90
    We have met on a number of occasions Don, and you are probably better than the 15/30 tables from what I've seen. I don't think I'll be changing to predominantly cash, but it can be a welcome diversion from the variance of mtts.