You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Primo Show Thread. And stuff.

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

OED. "Primo. The principal part in a duet or ensemble composition". "...its meaning is "first". From the word "primus"...."

Well it's clearly one of the best Tourneys on Sky Poker, with a £12,000 Guarantee tonight.

As to the duet, well, DP is the "principal part", & I am, presumably, the emainder of the ensemble. Which beats being SIXTH I suppose.

So, tonight we are Live on air from 8pm until Midnight, & have an eclectic pot-pourri (oooh!) of poker paraphanalia for you.

Mainly, of course, we will cover Primo.

+

A goodly Cash Table section, for best part of an hour, I think, as so many seem to enjoy Cash Games.

+

A 15 minute segment (to give DP a rest, one presumes), during which, rather oddly one might think, the first airing of the TV coverage of SPT Leg One, from Manchester, will go out.

+

....and this depends on whether he has become overly "tired & distressed" by then, but we are due to speak, on the telephone, to one James Dempsey, live from Las Vegas, hours after he won himself a shiny WSOP Bracelet. I must stress that James does like to celebrate, his bar bills are legendary, so whether he is still vertical & in possession of his legs by then remains to be seen.

+

The Free entry prizes, which will be in the NEXT Post. 

8pm this evening, Channel 865.  

Comments

• edited June 2010

There will be FOUR free entries to this Friday's "Take-on-tikay" tourney on offer tonight.

Nothing particular, just whatever takes your & our fancy, but e-Mails are welcome, send them to skyopen@bskyb.com

But THIS thread might be a clue. There's some corking ideas on there.

And another thread - SIXTH PLACE?, sigh - is also capable of a little fun, especially the guy who said he wants to "win" Claire. GG him. It's HERE 

Or anything which amuses you. Or more importantly, us.

I wonder if we will get an e-Mail from Harvey?

• edited June 2010
    I feel like winning it tonight. So yeh, I'm in.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo Show Thread. And stuff.:
    Or more importantly, us. I wonder if we will get an e-Mail from Harvey?
    Posted by Tikay10
    How does DP take severe criticism?
  • edited June 2010

I forgot to add.

Tonight's Producer is "Hand-Picker Harry", aka "HoTTTTT Topics", who just got back from Vegas yesterday, & he will be assisted by the beautiful, but flawed (she's a Spurs supporter!) Sarah Collingbourne, aka PurpleLady.

The Director is Chan, Techies will be Phil & Tim, Sound will be Fran, & Gavin will be looking after the graphics.

Runner is Dan the Man! I love that boy. Lives in Worthing, you know. Nearby, at Shoreham, they have a lovely power station there, brick-built, too. We used to sit on Shoreham Beach & have a little competition to see who could count how many bricks it took to build. They don't do holidays like that these days.

• edited June 2010
    I forgot to add. Tonight's Producer is "Hand-Picker Harry", aka "HoTTTTT Topics", who just got back from Vegas yesterday, & he will be assisted by the beautiful, but flawed (she's a Spurs supporter!) Sarah Collingbourne, aka PurpleLady. The Director is Chan, Techies will be Phil & Tim, Sound will be Fran, & Gavin will be looking after the graphics. Runner is Dan the Man! I love that boy. Lives in Worthing, you know. Nearby, at Shoreham, they have a lovely power station there, brick-built, too. We used to sit on Shoreham Beach & have a little competition to see who could count how many bricks it took to build. They don't do holidays like that these days.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes, I believe that the European Court Of Human Rights banned them.
  • edited June 2010
    I forgot to add. Tonight's Producer is "Hand-Picker Harry", aka "HoTTTTT Topics", who just got back from Vegas yesterday, & he will be assisted by the beautiful, but flawed (she's a Spurs supporter!) Sarah Collingbourne, aka PurpleLady. The Director is Chan, Techies will be Phil & Tim, Sound will be Fran, & Gavin will be looking after the graphics. Runner is Dan the Man! I love that boy. Lives in Worthing, you know. Nearby, at Shoreham, they have a lovely power station there, brick-built, too. We used to sit on Shoreham Beach & have a little competition to see who could count how many bricks it took to build. They don't do holidays like that these days.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    It explains a lot.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo Show Thread. And stuff. : Yes, I believe that the European Court Of Human Rights banned them.
    Posted by MereNovice
    LMAO!!
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just in case you don't get to live the dream and go back there, I believe the answer is

About l5 million bricks were used in the complete structure

You can read more about it here

http://www.yeoldesussexpages.com/misc/power/swickps2.htm

Right, off to watch some paint dry.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo Show Thread. And stuff. : Just in case you don't get to live the dream and go back there, I believe the answer is About l5 million bricks were used in the complete structure You can read more about it here http://www.yeoldesussexpages.com/misc/power/swickps2.htm Right, off to watch some paint dry.
    Posted by PenFifteen
    GREAT link!

Read it peeps, it's fascinating. I've bookmarked it, & will read it in bed tonight.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Primo Show Thread. And stuff.:
    OED. " Primo. The principal part in a duet or ensemble composition". "...its meaning is "first". From the word "primus"...." Well it's clearly one of the best Tourneys on Sky Poker, with a £12,000 Guarantee tonight. As to the duet, well, DP is the "principal part", & I am, presumably, the emainder of the ensemble. Which beats being SIXTH I suppose. So, tonight we are Live on air from 8pm until Midnight, & have an eclectic pot-pourri (oooh!) of poker paraphanalia for you. Mainly, of course, we will cover Primo. + A goodly Cash Table section, for best part of an hour, I think, as so many seem to enjoy Cash Games. + A 15 minute segment (to give DP a rest, one presumes), during which, rather oddly one might think, the first airing of the TV coverage of SPT Leg One, from Manchester, will go out. + ....and this depends on whether he has become overly "tired & distressed" by then, but we are due to speak, on the telephone, to one James Dempsey, live from Las Vegas, hours after he won himself a shiny WSOP Bracelet. I must stress that James does like to celebrate, his bar bills are legendary, so whether he is still vertical & in possession of his legs by then remains to be seen. + The Free entry prizes, which will be in the NEXT Post.  8pm this evening, Channel 865.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Remind me to turn on one of the shopping channels when that particular part of the show appears lol! :)
  • edited June 2010
    evening tikay

have taken a rare break from all poker the last 5 days as many say i feel you need to do once in a while certainly feel fresher for it

looking forward to the show and hopefully a deep run in primo

all the best
  • edited June 2010
    I've no interest in Poker and only watch the channel to hear TK's anecdotes.

Could you tell us some of the history of the Preston-by-pass please Tony?

And here's a joke for you Sir,

A motorway walks into a pub one day. He goes up to the bar and orders himself a drink. He just sits down when in walks a strip of tarmac.

The motorway sees the tarmac and starts to panic so he jumps over the bar and ducks down so it won't see him. The barman looks down at him and says, "What's the matter with you? Why are you hiding? You've got six lanes and two hard shoulders. Why are you frightened of a piece of tarmac?

The motorway replies, "You don't know him like I do. He's a cyclepath.

• edited June 2010

Lol @ Bandini - Preston-By-Pass story coming up - & welcome back barnsie.

Now, I'm sorry, but not at all surprised to say, but Bracelet Winner James Dempsey, who, as Elsa mentioned was a doyen of the old but now defunct Tribeca Poker Software, will now NOT be able to do the phone-in tonight. 

He is, how shall I say, no longer vertical, or comatose, & as well as being, if you'll pardon a little Latin, non compos mentis. Or, in plain English, he's as fissed as a part.

Never mind, he's earned tomorrow's headache.

But I feel a lively Show comng on.

Get those e-Mails coming in, please, on the two Threads I linked to earlier.

skyopen@bskyb.com

Sixth prize, wtf?

• edited June 2010
    loving the show, and appreciate the feedback about my hand play :)
  • edited June 2010
    greetings gents.
    i have a website you (Tikay) may be interested in.

http://www.msatrivia.co.uk/

it's all the trivia you could want about the motorway services. it isn't completely comprehensive yet but would give the avid viewer a good start!!
  • edited June 2010
    caption comp

Oh tikay too  much after shave.
  • edited June 2010
    Is it just me or is there something a little eerie about those breaktime pulsating leaderboards?
  • edited June 2010

nooooooooo tikay not the timetable to value town

• edited June 2010
     Tikay I have just seen the Quad 5s first to act. If I had been in that position with four people still to act behind me I would have been tempted to put in a quarter size pot bet to try to look as though I was trying to steal it. If I got a call I could then check next time to make them think I was bluffing!
  • edited June 2010
    Hand Request: 

ID: 0264135767

Name: PKRpar

Can my opponent really call this with such a short stack? He should really shove and represent the ace??
  • edited June 2010
    hi all good 2 see u  tk
  • ybyb
    edited June 2010
    Hand request: 264138715

Hey guys, can you show this hand please  - it was pretty crazy! Would also like to see what the other 2 players who got involved had too...
  • edited June 2010
    Have you read my caption out DP?
  • edited June 2010

Free Entries to tomorrow's T-o-T were awarded during the Show to "PenFifteen" & "OyNutter", & I have arranged for them to be Registered in the Tourney.
  • edited June 2010
    Free Entries to tomorrow's T-o-T were awarded during the Show to " PenFifteen " & " OyNutter ", & I have arranged for them to be Registered in the Tourney.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay - see you on the tables !
  • edited June 2010
    Free Entries to tomorrow's T-o-T were awarded during the Show to " PenFifteen " & " OyNutter ", & I have arranged for them to be Registered in the Tourney.
    Posted by Tikay10
    hiya Tikay, nice one, I'm confuddled, how did I get this free entry?-- missed the show-- can you tell me when the repeat is on, I can't get it on telly anymore so I have to watch it online, thanks Tikay