You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

team poker

hi are u not doing another team poker tourhy this month sky  aknow every 1 involvd in it last month rearly enjoyed it

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Nice one briggs, i was wondering too.

It might give me a chance to redeem myself as my internet crashed on the wednesday so was only able to play in the first two.
  • edited June 2010
    If Skypoker decide to run another team game / team league thingy, can we have a proper game this time please Sky ? None of your 5 minute blinds rubbish and definitely no roulette (what was that all about ? ).
    A league could be run over a longer period of time and even with a buy-in of say £2.50 (+reg fee) each for two league tournies per week, same basic idea as before, teams of 10 or more realistically 5 players. Two pounds from every buy in to be paid out as prize money on the night and 50p kept back to pay league winners & runners up prize money or even  a play off tourney between 1st & 2nd teams, winners take all.

Bornablade has proved there is interest for league tourney play by organising a league around the 8-15 DS twice a week. There are 26 players in his league but judging by the requests on the forum and at the tables via the chatbox by players asking how to be part of it he could have quite easily got about 40 to take part.

The number of entrants to the Monday & Friday 8-15 DS tournies is now growing, which in my opinion is down to the interest shown in participating in the league and can only be a good thing for everybody.

Also playing deepstack poker is giving more players an insight into 'proper' tournament play, so even if you do lose half your stack in the first level (no reflection on any of the deepy regulars by the way,  lol ), there is still plenty of play in your remaining stack and plenty of time due to the increased blind levels to play your way back into the tourney.

Just something to think about for the mandarins at Skypoker.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: team poker:
    If Skypoker decide to run another team game / team league thingy, can we have a proper game this time please Sky ? None of your 5 minute blinds rubbish and definitely no roulette (what was that all about ? ). A league could be run over a longer period of time and even with a buy-in of say £2.50 (+reg fee) each for two league tournies per week, same basic idea as before, teams of 10 or more realistically 5 players. Two pounds from every buy in to be paid out as prize money on the night and 50p kept back to pay league winners & runners up prize money or even  a play off tourney between 1st & 2nd teams, winners take all. Bornablade has proved there is interest for league tourney play by organising a league around the 8-15 DS twice a week. There are 26 players in his league but judging by the requests on the forum and at the tables via the chatbox by players asking how to be part of it he could have quite easily got about 40 to take part. The number of entrants to the Monday & Friday 8-15 DS tournies is now growing, which in my opinion is down to the interest shown in participating in the league and can only be a good thing for everybody.   Also playing deepstack poker is giving more players an insight into 'proper' tournament play, so even if you do lose half your stack in the first level (no reflection on any of the deepy regulars by the way,  lol ), there is still plenty of play in your remaining stack and plenty of time due to the increased blind levels to play your way back into the tourney. Just something to think about for the mandarins at Skypoker.
    Posted by Quietman
    And there was me wondering who it was aimed at ;)