You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PTP TONIGHT - PLAN OF ACTION

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
First of all, I'd like to thank Sky_Ling for giving me a reprieve this evening.  She doesn't need any footage of me donking around in the £5k Bounter Hunter, so I don't have to play the 8pm tournament!

Instead, I'll be joining some of Sky Poker's finest in the 19:15 Deep Stack.

However, the primary focus of my 'Play the Presenter' session is Omaha, so I'll be happily donating at the PLO / PLO8 tables between 7 and 11.30pm.  Please stop by and say hello.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Thanks for playing the Deep Stack Sir.

I may venture onto the Omaha Tables at some point, people keep telling me it's a fun game so I might as well try it out.

In all seriousness I'd like to discuss the 100 Buy in rule you have mentioned a few times recently.

See you at the tables Mr H.
  • edited June 2010
    Less than a-quarter-of-an-hour to go until the start of the £22 Deep Stack!

Meanwhile, I've taken a seat at Littlehampton - 10p/20p PLO.

• edited June 2010
    Thats not a plan Mr. Cardigan, Sounds like your just duckin & divin to me lol.

Anyone else from the Sky team PTP'ing in the bounty hunter tonight? or is the challenge just to big?

Anyway good luck on the PLO Ferry. May you sail well.
  • edited June 2010
    We're at the first break in the Deep Stack...

The less said, the better, to be honest.  It wasn't a good hour.  I haven't been playing well - and was on the receiving end of a crafty four-bet bluff by TommyD with 9To!

Anyway, I still have 44bbs, so there's still time :-)

Meanwhile, after a shoddy start, it's going well in the Omaha.  I'm still at Littlehampton - 10p/20p PLO.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP TONIGHT - PLAN OF ACTION:
    Thats not a plan Mr. Cardigan, Sounds like your just duckin & divin to me lol. Anyone else from the Sky team PTP'ing in the bounty hunter tonight? or is the challenge just to big? Anyway good luck on the PLO Ferry. May you sail well.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    lol - the Bounty Hunter isn't officially part of my PTP brief, Trev.  I'm tasked with "bigging up" the PLO and PLO8 action!

When Sky_Ling needs me to generate some content for the PTP TV shows, I play the 8pm main event.  But, if I'm able to, I avoid the BH.  I've never been a fan of the format.  But each to his/her own...

• edited June 2010
    ......."yes but the 4 bet was from tommy"!!!!!! ......

haha I took a hit early, when will i learn to nit up for an hour instead of donkng and spending the next 90 minz trying to get my starting stack bak.

Big sighhhhhhhh
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP TONIGHT - PLAN OF ACTION:
    ......."yes but the 4 bet was from tommy"!!!!!! ...... haha I took a hit early, when will i learn to nit up for an hour instead of donkng and spending the next 90 minz trying to get my starting stack bak. Big sighhhhhhhh
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I know!  Why don't I listen to my own advice?!?
  • edited June 2010
    Second tournament break.  I'm down to 12bbs.  Shoving time!

Meanwhile, I've suffered a reversal of fortune at my PLO cash table.  I won't bother you with the details, because I don't do bad beat stories :-)

• edited June 2010
    Well, I shoved...
    All-in with 66.  TommyD called with 99.  I spiked a 6 on the flop.  He rivered a straight.  Game over.  Out in 29th place.
    Meanwhile, despite being in profit to the tune of £50 at one stage, I ended up losing £13 at Littlehampton.
    Thanks to the PLO crowd: daynesy, TommyD (again), KILLER95, Dwaine, els, snapuk, Cowgomoo, bessey08, jimmyb2929, robinson19, PocketKing and YoungUn.
    I'll be back soon - and will be opening a couple of PLO8 tables.
  • edited June 2010
    I've decided to visit Yvonne.

That's a 5p/10p PLO8 table!

If it fills up, I'll open another...
  • edited June 2010
    Second table launched!

It's Alnwick.  Same stakes.

• edited June 2010
    What better way to end the evening than by making some charitable donations at the PLO8 tables? :-)

Thanks to the Yvonne crowd - SolarCarro, acebarry10, FINS, YoungUn, joga11, bennydip2, extraman, Tenniskids and dylan12 - and the Alnwick posse - ACBRO67, Blue_Zero and amarillo66.

I'll be co-hosting the live show with Sarah on Thursday night - and then I'm off to Vegas for three weeks (EPT voiceovers and WSOP webcasts...plus a little bit of Deep Stack action at Caesars).

So, I'll see you at the Sky Poker tables when I'm back in London in early July.

Have fun, good luck and play well,

James.