You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament into cash

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

Hi guys, im currently unemployed (signing on) and playing poker, i find it an extra income and when things are going well (since im a tournament player, mainly £5 or less buy ins) it pays most if not all of the bills. I do prefer live to online games, and have been far more sucsessful live, however online i make my bigger profits over shorter periods of time. However i feel if i could sucsessfully change over to cash tables id be able to make that little bit extra. Could anyone be able to give me advice on making the switch (P.S over the last couple of week my bank roll has taken a bit of a knock mainly due to trying to make the change poorly)

Sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place i wasnt sure where to post it

Comments

• edited June 2010
    lol wrong place again Don90;o)

[x] the poker clinic ding ding ding

I have same problem mate, can play cash live just online seems i get called alot light very annoying where as Mtt's tend to do well although bubbled last few touneys from silly moves
  • edited June 2010

I rekon its all psychological.

The fact that ur writing this post, means your making too big a deal out of it.

Same rules, 2 cards each, flush beats a run, if you make opponents fold, you can't lose.

It amazes me how people make such a big deal out of the transition from tournys to cash - just make good reads, play position, play tight aggressive, its the same as the first few levels of an mtt.

Dont make a big stress out of it and you will be fine - you'll soon realise how much easier it is to make money.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournament into cash:
    I rekon its all psychological. The fact that ur writing this post, means your making too big a deal out of it. Same rules, 2 cards each, flush beats a run, if you make opponents fold, you can't lose. It amazes me how people make such a big deal out of the transition from tournys to cash - just make good reads, play position, play tight aggressive, its the same as the first few levels of an mtt. Dont make a big stress out of it and you will be fine - you'll soon realise how much easier it is to make money.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    IMO exactly all of this.Finely put m8 dav
  • edited June 2010
    I rekon its all psychological. The fact that ur writing this post, means your making too big a deal out of it. Same rules, 2 cards each, flush beats a run, if you make opponents fold, you can't lose. It amazes me how people make such a big deal out of the transition from tournys to cash - just make good reads, play position, play tight aggressive, its the same as the first few levels of an mtt. Dont make a big stress out of it and you will be fine - you'll soon realise how much easier it is to make money.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thats maybe the problem, because in tournaments i get the attitude im playing for chips, maybe i let the money shield my eyes.
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is kind of true but imo the £30 tourny players are worse than the nl30 cash players, also alot of tourny players dont play the first levels of a tourny well as they think it doesnt really matter that much, most of the good tourny players i see only play premiums/very good hands and never steal the blinds in the first two levels, this would generally be an losing strategy in cash except maybe 4nl.