You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Software Error with Omaha?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Can someone please explain how I lost this hand?

my hole cards: Th Js Jd Jh

Flop: As 4s 9s

Turn: 8h

River: 3s

other player hole cards: Qh Ts 3h Ad

other player wins with 2 pairs Aces and 3s

I had 5 spades to the jack. He had 5 spades to the T and yet I lost!

This was taken verbatim from

Hand History #264479559 (12:58 08/06/2010)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Sky Software Error with Omaha?:
    Can someone please explain how I lost this hand? my hole cards: Th Js Jd Jh Flop: As 4s 9s Turn: 8h River: 3s other player hole cards: Qh Ts 3h Ad other player wins with 2 pairs Aces and 3s I had 5 spades to the jack. He had 5 spades to the T and yet I lost! This was taken verbatim from Hand History #264479559 (12:58 08/06/2010)
    Posted by KingAlfred
    You HAVE to use TWO of your hole cards mate. look at it again. 
  • edited June 2010

you must use 2 of your starting cards not 1 !
  • edited June 2010
    You have to use 2 hole cards in Omaha and as you only have one spade you cannot make a flush.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    Once the river card was dealt

his hand was As Ad 3s 3h and 9s giving him 2 pair with a 9 kicker

your hand was Jd jh (or js doesnt really matter, you have a pair of jacks) with As 9s and 8h

Each player must use 3 community cards, no more and no less, thus you have to use 2 of your hole cards to complete the hand.

Thus with your hole cards you would never have been able to make a spade or diamond flush as you only held one of each, your only flush possibility would have been with hearts

Aski :)
  • edited June 2010
    Thats exactly what i used to do when i 1st started playing OMAHA, had never read the rules, just jumped straight onto cash table 20NL and lost about 3 buy ins in 20 mins (thought i could use all my hole cards to make the best hand lol) !!!

Moral of the story READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES BEFORE PLAYING !!!

• edited June 2010
    Check out poker school in more section in blue bar at top for rules and tips on all games gl.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Software Error with Omaha?:
    Check out poker school in more section in blue bar at top for rules and tips on all games gl.
    Posted by belsibub
    Sorry I stand corrected. I knew you could not use more than 2 hole cards but didnt realise you had to use exactly 2. Silly me!
  • edited June 2010
    also as a tip for when your playing and find it difficult to read what you hold, either in options or preferance click show hand value and will tell you for example this one will say best hand pair of jacks

dont worry mate think a common mistake when people start out at omaha good luck to you :o)
  • edited June 2010
    These tutorials here are a pretty good place to start.  Taught me everything I know about Omaha Hi-Lo!