You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Already some interesting results from the WSOP.

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
England have won a bracelet courtesy of James Dempsey taking down a $1500 event for almost $200,000. Massive support for him on the rail of the Final Table, great result.

Praz Bansi also has won a bracelet for the Brits, he also won a $1500 event for over half a million dollars.. MBN!

3 Brits on final table of a Holdem shootout, Neil Channing getting 2nd and Stuart Rutter getting 3rd.

Phil Hellmuth has added another cash to his never ending list after he finished 15th in a $1500 event.

Tom 'durrrrr' Dwan finished 2nd behind an Aussie called Simon Watt.... Tom got $381,885 and Simon got $614,248.

So much more excitment to come from this years WSOP and hopefully a big cash for some of our Sky players going!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Already some interesting results from the WSOP.:
    England have won a bracelet courtesy of James Dempsey taking down a $1500 event for almost $200,000. Massive support for him on the rail of the Final Table, great result. Praz Bansi also has won a bracelet for the Brits, he also won a $1500 event for over half a million dollars.. MBN! 3 Brits on final table of a Holdem shootout, Neil Channing getting 2nd and Stuart Rutter getting 3rd. Phil Hellmuth has added another cash to his never ending list after he finished 15th in a $1500 event. Tom 'durrrrr' Dwan finished 2nd behind an Aussie called Simon Watt.... Tom got $381,885 and Simon got $614,248. So much more excitment to come from this years WSOP and hopefully a big cash for some of our Sky players going!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Good stuff mate, read that there was side bets on tom winning it of over 3-4million lolol
  • edited June 2010
    Been looking at updates looks like its been a good event so far, really wanted Durrrr to take down the $1500 yesterday & helmuth to take down one he came 15th, not a glory boy just they are two of my favourate players

So jealous all those who get to play in this and one day i will be there i am sure

PS- I think durrrr would have won 7-8million if he had won reportedly, unsure how much he will lose if he doesn't get a bracelet as he has bet a number of people. bets also include him cashing most, winning more then ivey(mad), DN, several others that he gets more cash noone actually knows the confirmed amount but that is estimated if he won go durrrrr!!!

Also Go team sky poker when your all out there
  • edited June 2010
    I hope Hellmuth never gets lucky enough to win a WSOP event again.

Dempseys' winning interview ftw, honest, to the point and sounded very cool and English.

'I got lucky, made a bad jam early doors - got there, thought I wasn't going to win later on, got Kings, won big pot happy days.....'

EDIT

event 13 NLH 1$k go go go Brammer and Carter ftw
  • edited June 2010
    what site can i get updates from these events?

can someone please pm me a link???

thankyou...
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Already some interesting results from the WSOP.:
    what site can i get updates from these events? can someone please pm me a link??? thankyou...
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I use two, for gossip two plus two forum just search google

quickest updates are on pokernews, wsop also covering the official site but behind pn

unsure whether i can give links but google will find them easy
  • edited June 2010
    HI Chaps,

FYI I have an interview with Demps pencilled in for The Club. I say pencilled because, (I asked, he agreed, but he is in VEGAS - and other stuff (girls?) such as winning more tournaments may crop up!)

He is honestly one of my fave players who has the ability to walk the walk and talk the talk and make it accessible to the likes of me.

He is also one of the best credit card roulette flippers I have ever met in my life but to counteract such "run good" by god does he have awful taste in shirts!

Fingers crossed for what promises to be a really refreshing interview.

A xx
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Already some interesting results from the WSOP. : Good stuff mate, read that there was side bets on tom winning it of over 3-4million lolol
    Posted by kunster
    If Durrrr manages to win a bracelet theres going to be alot of broke pros lol.
  • edited June 2010
    Twitter is a proving to be a great resource for WSOP updates this year.

Poker News (who have exclusive online coverage rights) are tweeting news of all the events 24/7 and many well known players are tweeting their big hands and chip counts direct from the tables. Of course, when the Sky party arrives for the main event we'll also have Tikay tweeting live news about the 6 Sky players.

If you like following the WSOP news online there's never been a better reason to join Twitter.
  • edited June 2010
    Mike Matusow has been quoted as saying that if durrrr won that event, he stood to win about $12,500,000
  • edited June 2010

Hi Flash

Thank you for letting us know how everyone is getting on.

Very well played to all (so many to name)

Excellent stuff!  Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Come on England! xxxxx
  • edited June 2010
    GO GO GOG OGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOOG

BRAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMER (and dan carter) but mainly BRAAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMMER  in event 13 $1k nlh :D
  • edited June 2010
    Just saw this Bean!!! Unbelievable!!!
    Bramdawg!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Just saw this Bean!!! Unbelievable!!! Bramdawg!!!!!!!
    Posted by BrownnDog

he's being all like yo I runs good! 

getting in pairs and binking sets and getting dealt DEM BIG PAWKET PURRRRSSSSSSSSSS 

just won a nice pot KK vs AT
  • edited June 2010
    Bram out in 15th apparently and also ljamesl out of the $5k event :(
  • edited June 2010
    Mike Matusow has been quoted as saying that if durrrr won that event, he stood to win about $12,500,000
    Posted by theneons

SAAAAAAAY WHHHHHHHHHHHHAT!!
    Haha poor mike mike
  • edited June 2010
    Just saw this Bean!!! Unbelievable!!! Bramdawg!!!!!!!
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Haha havent heard anyone say somthing like that for a while made me chuckle. cheersz pete.
  • edited June 2010
    Bram out in 15th apparently and also ljamesl out of the $5k event :(
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Aww very well played guys xxxx
  • edited June 2010
    wonder what price you can get at the bookies for Dan Brown to cash in the main event or any team sky player come to that?
  • edited June 2010
    wonder what price you can get at the bookies for Dan Brown to cash in the main event or any team sky player come to that?
    Posted by bobcat52
    I don't think that particular market is available but here is a link to a thread started by Sky_Jack with a link to some related markets on SkyBet.
  • edited June 2010
    Cheers for that info Novice...... I had a gander at it!