You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How do i know im ahead or not here...

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Not sure how to do the hand history table so ill just write it down but if anyone can tell me how then thats a bonus :)

2p/4p cash - 4 handed - not much info other than very passive.

I get QsQd UTG and raise 3x to 12p, button, SB and BB all call.
Pot at 48p

Flop comes - 9s6s4c
SB & BB check i raise 28p
Button folds, SB(villain calls) & BB folds
Pot at £1.08

Turn comes 3s
Villain checks
I....
-------------------------
What is your move?

From analysing this he flat calls in the small blind and check calls flop so im putting him on a draw. If hes playing the flush hes slow playing so i should just check it down to the showdown or put in a reasonable bet (3/4 to pot size) and if he raises i fold or if he calls i check/fold river.
Also if hes playing the straight he might check/call flop to see another card then if he misses he check/folds turn and river.
Another hand is that it is likely he is playing junk preflop due to being so passive, therefore possible hes on top/middle pair but wants to go to showdown due to possible draws!?

I would put in another bet here about 1/2 to 3/4 of the pot if he calls im checking down to showdown. do you agree?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I bet turn and fold to a raise unless your pot committed, if he calls turn i probs bet river as well. Even if he has you beat on the turn you might have the redraw to the 3rd nut flush with your queen of spades.