You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Decreasing Primo GTD

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

Anyone else noticed that the primo gtd prize pool has dropped again? It statred at 15k, dropped to 12 and now down to 10k.

Do you think it's in anticipation of lower numbers while the world cup is on or because they are struggling for no's?

If it's the latter I think they should run more satelities during the week, anyone have any thoughts?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Its because its not getting enough people i guess. They dint make the guarenteed 12k last week i dont think either.
  • edited June 2010
    Primo broke 13k last week must be football.
  • edited June 2010
    i know there was over 2k overlay in thursdays bounty hunter, not seen what guarnatee that has this week
  • edited June 2010
    Even the £30 Guaranteed PLO tourneys have shrunk to £20 tourneys overnight.
  • edited June 2010
    Maybe it's just for the World Cup then... i've not noticed any dead money in tourneys ive played in recently
  • edited June 2010
    Guarantees get reduced even when FA Cup games or big national games are on terrestrial tv.  I imagine there will be big cuts all over but if tournys have the same number of runners as usual then it wouldn't be affected.  However, they won't and I can't see Sky wanting to stump up a few K overlay every night for the next two months.
  • edited June 2010
    thats sky poker for u cut everything but entry fees

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Decreasing Primo GTD:
    thats sky poker for u cut everything but entry fees
    Posted by robert1941
    All freerolls have kept the same entrance fee from what I can see :)
  • edited June 2010
    the 20quid 1500 runner freeroll will be dropped to 18.25 next week
  • edited June 2010
    Did it not once upon a time be £30,000 then £25,000 but played monthly. A lot of players, including myself would be prepared to pay this monthly, but weekly is a tad too much for most recreational players. TBH i think for a premier tourney where you pay £33, the blind structure should be 5000 chips and 15 min blinds, its just a shove fest after an hour, thats fine in smaller tourneys, but poor in a primo tourney, also maybe sunday is not the best day imo, people off to work in the morning need their beauty sleep lol.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Decreasing Primo GTD:
    Did it not once upon a time be £30,000 then £25,000 but played monthly. A lot of players, including myself would be prepared to pay this monthly, but weekly is a tad too much for most recreational players. TBH i think for a premier tourney where you pay £33, the blind structure should be 5000 chips and 15 min blinds, its just a shove fest after an hour, thats fine in smaller tourneys, but poor in a primo tourney, also maybe sunday is not the best day imo, people off to work in the morning need their beauty sleep lol.
    Posted by loonytoons
    I think the very 1st time it was 50K!! Think the guy who won it was called spongebob or sumin similar to that, i dunno, I met him at an event and he paid off his debts with it and re fitted his bathroom... No chance of doing that with a 3k top prize these days :(.

Sunday the PP was over 13k so I think its because of the footy, Ill still be playing anyway,
  • edited June 2010
    As with all GTD's the figure is set with expectation that it will be met. No business in it's right mind is going to set a GTD they know they won't get to and therefore cost on overlay. You'll find GTD's dropping in summer as less people stay in to play and then they rise in winter as more people play.
  • edited June 2010

3pm donkfest - used to be £250gtd, and always made 300+ now £150!!!???

Dunno about others, but I am 100% certain the grntee was met in this every time.

Why they try to be pro active rather than reactive with these things is beyond me.

It cant be good for sky, and its deffo not good for the players.

9pm 1kgtd........looked in the lobby to play this last night for first time in weeks and it was 600gtd!!!

Not bothered....lol
  • edited June 2010

i think it is just economics.. the guarantee is there to stimulate entries.  other players will cluster into tournaments and will follow those attracted by a guaranteed prize pool.  ultimately the guarantee will be exceed probably in excess of 95% of the games.  in the regular events where it is not exceeded sky would be silly to continue at the same guarantee level.  similarly they would be silly not to offer guarantees too.  it's a balance.  it will reflect the number of us entering.