You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a mistake by sky?????

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
there are rebuys in the lobby for a bounty hunter that cost a total of £2.30 which is £2 buy in and 30p to sky so why is the rebuy costing £2.30 for the same starting chips
will all that buy in go to the pot or will sky take a rake out of all rebuys as well as this is not the norm for other sites that run this type of game??????

Comments

• edited June 2010
    sky are not the norm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    count yourself lucky they don't charge a rake on the rake they charge, they hav'nt thought of it yet
  • edited June 2010
    They seem to be doing this for every rebuy tourny, charging an additional rake.

As nutter says, Sky like to buck the trend of virtually every other online poker site when it comes to rake

and I have to say its starting to get beyond a joke for low stake players

Aski :)
  • edited June 2010
    lol u so funny nutter 
  • edited June 2010
    60p one minute roulette rebuys---lol--lol--lol--lo fluppin l--- just how stupid do they know we are is what I'd like to know?
  • edited June 2010
    No, it's not a mistake by Sky, only by anyone daft enough to take them up on their rip-off offer.
  • edited June 2010
    2 players registered for the 15:05 roulette rebuy.

Might just watch ALL the action and see if any of them is tempted with the rebuy offer

ps. I'll post my findings at 15:06 ;)

Update 4 players registered so results post may be delayed till 15:07 :)

unless they all rebuy in of course , then it may be 15:08 :)
  • edited June 2010
    ok here is the result of teh 15:05 from Sky Park

A field of 8 runners, they played it very cagey  in the first level, only one all in.

Second level blinds at 50/100 saw 4 rebuys

next rebuy was at 200/400, all 8 players still in the field

it then got silly as blinds increased to 400/800 when the next rebuy was made.

field was thinning out now, the back markers pulling up

5 players left when the next rebuy occured at 1000/2000 level, so they were buying half a big blind.

Down to 3 runners and the guy who ended up finishing second for a grand prize of 2.75, made 3 rebuys

at the 2000/4000 level

In total the game lasted around 20 minutes, and there were 14 rebuys.

prize money totalled £11, and sky raked in £2.20.

The winner made a profit , second at best made 35p

So from Sky's point of view there appears to be a market for rebuy roulette games and a good money spinner too for them

• edited June 2010
    Well, fair play to sky I say, I agree with anything that amounts to a tax on stupid people!!
  • edited June 2010
     surely some day soon, sky are going to wake up and realise that the numbers on this site are falling,and to stop
    ripping of its customers!!!!  [i wait in anticipation of the sky forum regs , telling me where to go,if i'm not happy
     about it....LOL... thats the answer!!!!!]
  • edited June 2010
    Well, I for one won't be telling you to "where to go"--- A lot of players are irrate about the small stakes rake here--- I started a thread about it in community suggestions and got completely ignored, despite the fact that it got more votes than any other thread that has ever been in community suggestion--- sky seem to think they don't need to worry about players leaving because of the constant stream of new players from telly and facebook, will they wake up and realise that loyalty and keeping players here is more important?--I think not.
  • edited June 2010
    694 seated should be telling them something-- but is it----NO!---- NUFF SAID----INNIT
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: a mistake by sky?????:
    Well, I for one won't be telling you to "where to go"--- A lot of players are irrate about the small stakes rake here--- I started a thread about it in community suggestions and got completely ignored, despite the fact that it got more votes than any other thread that has ever been in community suggestion--- sky seem to think they don't need to worry about players leaving because of the constant stream of new players from telly and facebook, will they wake up and realise that loyalty and keeping players here is more important?--I think not.
    Posted by oynutter
    Well said mate .   :))
  • edited June 2010

Main event £5 rebuy? 

Or at least a proper tourny at night with rebuys and a good gtd'd prize pool?

I cant see any decent ones in the lobby are they still testing? or is this "ya lot"?

• edited June 2010
    sky are actually like lovely fluffy rabbits, and completely the opposite of what I have inferred in my posts above---OK!!
  • edited June 2010
    10 runners lined up for the 17:05 rebuy roulette tourny

its a nice little earner for Sky if the last one is anything to go by