You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best way to maximise profit

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
I'm wondering what the best way
Is to maximise the profit when I play

Should I multitable on low stake?
Or would it be clearly a mistake ?

What about moving up to other games ?
But surely I will bump into well known names ?

What approach do you suggest ?
Please, will you help me in my quest ?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    What do you do at the moment and how profitable is it?
  • edited June 2010
    bankroll should dictate play never more than 5% cash 2% mtt in buy in.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Best way to maximise profit:
    bankroll should dictate play never more than 5% cash 2% mtt in buy in.
    Posted by belsibub
    But between the following
    Which one is more interesting ?

two cash tables at 2/4p
    one cash table at 4/8p

The money is the same
    But which one leads to fame ?
  • edited June 2010
    Me i just like to play 1 table so i can keep tabs on who's tight or loose.I find multi table play blunts my reads,if a player raises when did he last raise?But that's me each to there own.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Best way to maximise profit : But between the following Which one is more interesting ? two cash tables at 2/4p one cash table at 4/8p The money is the same But which one leads to fame ?
    Posted by lastpoet22
    I'm sorry that I can't manage Rupert Bear-like rhyming couplets but one thing to consider is that playing 2 tables @ 4p is not the same as playing one table at 8p.

The amount of cash you have in play at any one time would be the same but only half of it can be at risk in any one hand. The number of tables that you play does not affect the general BRM rules.  Playing two tables in parallel or serially should make no difference to BRM considerations.
  • edited June 2010
    The amount of cash you have in play at any one time would be the same but only half of it can be at risk in any one hand.
    Regarding the bankroll consideration
    I willingly put it out of the question

So playing two tables is less risky
    Than doubling the blinds to 4 and 8p ?

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Best way to maximise profit : Regarding the bankroll consideration I willingly put it out of the question So playing two tables is less risky Than doubling the blinds to 4 and 8p ?
    Posted by lastpoet22

I would say that that is so
    As would others in the know
  • edited June 2010
    n1 mere hit back in good style
  • edited June 2010

actually # of tables does affect BRM really,  as # tables goes up your winrate goes down, which means you experience bigger & longer downswings, therefore you need a larger roll

• edited June 2010
    It's not the most scientific way of doing it - but it's better than guesswork*.

Play 10 hours on 1 table and work out what you're average hourly profit was
    Play 10 hours at 2 tables and work out what you're average hourly profit was

Repeat for 3 and 4 tables - if you're still in profit at 4 tables then go up a level in the stakes and repeat

Eventually you'll reach a certain level of stakes with a certain number of tables where you'll be losing money.

At this point you'll have a record of stakes v number of tables and you can just pick the one which gave you the highest hourly rate - that's the way to maximise profit.

* more scientifically would be to increase the 10 hours to 100 hours, even better would be to cover 10,000 hands at a time - this would give you a really good result but might take a while :D