You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

World Cup Kick-Off Freeroll - FINAL RESCHEDULE INFORMATION

In Response to World Cup Kick-Off Freeroll - Rescheduling Information:
Hi guys, I can confirm that we will be re-running the World Cup Kick Off Freeroll. Some customers were experiencing connection problems between 7pm and 8pm and so we feel it is only fair that we re-run the tournament. As a means of apology we will be doubling the prize pool by running two tournaments with a 1000 runners in each. This means you have a better chance of winning some amazing tournament seats. All players who registered for the tournament last night will be re-entered. We will be contacting you shortly to provide you with further information. More details to follow shortly but expect the tournament to be run on Sunday afternoon/evening. Dan
Posted by Sky_Dan
think the best thing to do is give prizes of last nights comp as they already played for 2 hours then start another comp  whats the view from other players 

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Hi guys,

I can confirm that we will be re-running the World Cup Kick Off Freeroll tournaments on SUNDAY 13TH JUNE at 17:15 and 17:30 respectively.

I understand that many of you are aggrieved by the decision not to host a separate tournament for the 194 players who remained when the game appeared to freeze. I completely sympathise with you as battling through a field of 2000 runners is no mean feat. But the fact is there were a number of people affected by connection issues from 7pm onwards and for this reason we feel the fairest way to deal with these unfortunate circumstances is to rerun the tournament.

As a means of apology we will be doubling the prize pool by running two tournaments with 1000 runners in each. This means you have a better chance of winning some amazing tournament seats.

All players who registered for the tournament last night will be re-entered at random into either tournament. We will be contacting you shortly to provide you with further information. In the meantime you can check the tournament lobby to see which tournament you are playing in.

Once again I can only offer our most sincere apologies.

Good luck in the tournament this time around,
    Dan
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: World Cup Kick-Off Freeroll - Rescheduling Information:
    In Response to World Cup Kick-Off Freeroll - Rescheduling Information : think the best thing to do is give prizes of last nights comp as they already played for 2 hours then start another comp  whats the view from other players 
    Posted by innit
    How can you give prizes? Who do you give the prizes to? There were 192 runners still left and only 32 prizes to give out, any one of the 192 could have made the final 32.
    My good lady was down to 150 chips and battled back to having 21500 by the time it froze, she was 72nd and could easily have gone on to win it so you can't just give the top 32 the prizes, it doesn't work like that, after all you could play for 2 hours and bubble going away with nothing, that's just the chance you take!
  • edited June 2010
    I went out of the game in the early stages so wasn't affected by the connection problems.  Its good of Sky to rerun the game but it would be a nice gesture if the last 192 were given a tournament of their own possibly with the same chips they had when the site crashed so they could play the game out.
  • ckdckd
    edited June 2010
    In Response to World Cup Kick-Off Freeroll - FINAL RESCHEDULE INFORMATION:
    Hi guys, I can confirm that we will be re-running the World Cup Kick Off Freeroll tournaments on SUNDAY 13TH JUNE at 17:15 and 17:30 respectively. I understand that many of you are aggrieved by the decision not to host a separate tournament for the 194 players who remained when the game appeared to freeze. I completely sympathise with you as battling through a field of 2000 runners is no mean feat. But the fact is there were a number of people affected by connection issues from 7pm onwards and for this reason we feel the fairest way to deal with these unfortunate circumstances is to rerun the tournament. As a means of apology we will be doubling the prize pool by running two tournaments with 1000 runners in each. This means you have a better chance of winning some amazing tournament seats. All players who registered for the tournament last night will be re-entered at random into either tournament. We will be contacting you shortly to provide you with further information. In the meantime you can check the tournament lobby to see which tournament you are playing in. Once again I can only offer our most sincere apologies. Good luck in the tournament this time around, Dan
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    not really fair as i cant make sunday and was sat in 36th at the time it crashed..so what happens to people that was in it but cant make sunday do they not matter..... i think this is really wrong sky if there was probs from 7 then games should of been stoped then not wait till it crashes out ..... this is really poor..maybe time to find somewhere else to play
  • edited June 2010
    I was registered for 4 to 5 days, but sadly I had to de-register just before it started due to a crisis(I presume this will be on record). I would like to re register as it's now been re run again. How do I go about this ?