You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sit and Go - Freerolls

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

I have seen there has been a lot of discussion on the Forum recently regarding freeroll's, resulting in the 10 point one's being removed and higher paid one's replacing them with a higher buyin.
Which unfortunately does not suit everyone such as myself who only play at the moment at low stakes poker so do not play enough to earn enough points to be playing in these games to often.

So what i have seen on other sites is that they offer 10 seat SNG's freerolls entry for free no poker points required with $0.10 prizepool split to the top 3. Where they cap each player to a maximum of 25 entries to these per 24 hours. So this would benifit us lower limit players who would still like to play freerolls but don't have an oppurtunity due to not having enough point's. This would also enable them to slowly create a bankroll so they can earn points.

So if everyone post's their own views on this and if there is enough interest for this maybe Sky will implement it.

Thanks  X5-454.

Comments

• edited August 2009
  • edited August 2009
    wats the password for the 250 comunity free roll
  • edited August 2009
  • edited August 2009
    Any input for this please
  • edited August 2009

I dont understand why you cant just deposit a fiver and play 30p DYM games? Even people without jobs can afford a fiver. Sky have been generous in their freerolls but they obviously cant please everyone. there is always the play money tables as well.

• edited August 2009
    u can do that but i usually play too loose when i do that, And play money is pointless for experience due to the amount of allins.
  • edited August 2009
    Sounds good, but I would like ones with higher prizepool and with poker points required to enter.

A 10 or 20 pointer could have a prizepool of 60p split between the top three.
  • edited August 2009
    Free rolls are exactly the same!
  • edited August 2009
    Blue Square do freeroll SNG's

If you have the time and patience (not to mention luck) to build a bankroll from that then fine.

As for learning much about poker from them - I doubt it

Players seem to have the all-in first hand mentality regardless of their holding or they just sit out and sleep through the game hoping to ladder into the payouts ( though what they do with their 2 cent winnings beats me!)

SKY does quite a lot to help players build up some playing cash (community freeroll for one)

Sky poker project was another (ah happy days!!!).

I don't think this idea would work on here though others may disagree

good topic though.
  • edited August 2009

Thanks for your view Bobcat I actually play on Blue Square that was the original site I played on when i started.

I have started a bankroll on there from the SNG  10 freerolls moving up in to the cash sit and go's.

Although i have gone on to lose this a few times now. LOL.

• edited August 2009

their just needs tobe one decent freeroll anight where the top 6 or top table get paid, just make their money worth winning 6th. £20 5th. £30  4th. £40  3rd. £50  2nd. £70  1st. £100    total £310 , now that aint going to break sky's bank is it.

• edited August 2009
    Bingo Jag128, As long as the tourney is free not points.  Then that would be great.  People might say the tourney's are free because of  the points. Put you have to pay and play to earn the points in the first place which ain't free.

The points can be used for the big games and small games alike but there should at least be one free freeroll a day like you said above top 6 or 10 get paid.
  • edited August 2009
    The whole points system is because real money players make sky money (rake) and so sky give some of this back to the players in the form of free roll prize pools. People like you are not contributing but only taking away so i dont understand why they would do free rolls for free and no points? If you won anything you would have taken that away from someone who has actually contributed to the prize pool by paying rake.
  • edited August 2009
    i do contribute it is just at the moment i am a terrible player even if i do go up i have a tendency to go lose it all the same day. lol
  • edited August 2009
    lol oh... have you tried reading some strategy articles on the internet? Thats pretty much how i learnt and they are very helpful.
  • edited August 2009
    Lol can you suggest any that has helped with your game. Thanks