You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

something positive about sky

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
I have noticed that the deepstacks at night dont teand to attract players, that would explain the night ones. But tikay has sorted the rest out anyways :D

Comments

• edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010

They'll be put back in in the morning Mr Nutter, I'll drop them a note. I expect it's an oversight.

* This Post was in reply to the OP which said, quite reasonably & correctly, "the Deepies are all missing from the schedule", which was subsequently Edited out.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT SKY!:
    oh, ok --thanks Tikay,Id better delete my posts then, as I have actually been told I will be banned from the forum if I say anything negative about sky?
    Posted by oynutter
    That's not quite true Mr Nutter, it's disingenouos in fact, but I'm not gonna argue. 

I'll write to them in the morning & make them aware the Deepies have gone, & I'm sure they will quickly reinstate them.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to something positive about sky:
    Tony kendal
    Posted by oynutter
    Two "l"'s in "Kendall", please, as in spherically things.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: something positive about sky:
    [QUOTE]that is quite true Tikay-- I will pm you the message I recieved from sky Jordan if you like ps-- I would appreciate it if you would delete the posts on this thread, or he will probably ban me
    Posted by oynutter

So why did you start the thread?

The Post you Deleted was fine - you pointed out an error, & it was not rude, nor were you describing other players as "stupid".

Please do not PM me any messages you received from Jordan, that would be quite improper.

Let's must move on, there's no need to look for aggro, it finds us easily enough of it's own accord.

Have a good weekend.

• edited June 2010

Good grief, you've even changed the Thread Title from "Negative" to "Positive"!

If you were so concerned, why Post it?

I have answered your question, let's just move on.
  • edited June 2010
    didnt care when i posted it because if the deep stacks are gone--I'm gone
  • edited June 2010

4.10am, note sent to Head Office, making them aware that the Deepies have gone AWOL.
  • edited June 2010
    [QUOTE]didnt care when i posted it because if the deep stacks are gone--I'm gone
    Posted by oynutter

They have not gone, & it does need much working out to realise it's obviously a simple error.
  • edited June 2010
    Sorry Tikay, it was just that it would not surprise me at all if they were gone, as the rest of the tourney schedule seems to be going in the opposite direction from good poker--ie deep stack, and good value games like your tourney
  • edited June 2010
    Sorry Tikay, it was just that it would not surprise me at all if they were gone, as the rest of the tourney schedule seems to be going in the opposite direction from good poker--ie deep stack, and good value games like your tourney
    Posted by oynutter
    Categorically, they have NOT gone. It's just an error. I have no "inside info" on that, but it's patently obvious they would NEVER remove them.

And if you want more well-structured Tourneys like tonight's "T-o-T", then as long as players want them & support them, we can have them EVERY night. And that's a promise. 

However, hitherto, there has not been much demand for them.

I, & others are trying hard on promote them, though. Shoulder to the wheel, eh?
  • edited June 2010
    Yeh,ok, sorry again Tikay, I actually find it really wierd that there is not more support for well structured tournies.

When the 2.20 deep stacks get a good field of runners, they are the best value on the site for low stakes players.

Your tourney is terrific value too, if that tourney could get the same support every night, I would be one happy camper!

I just don't get why so many people play the shove fest structures?
  • edited June 2010
    Yeh,ok, sorry again Tikay, I actually find it really wierd that there is not more support for well structured tournies.  When the 2.20 deep stacks get a good field of runners, they are the best value on the site for low stakes players.  Your tourney is terrific value too, if that tourney could get the same support every night, I would be one happy camper!  I just don't get why so many people play the shove fest structures?
    Posted by oynutter
    Personally, I don't disagree one iota.

But it's not just about you & me, many people LIKE the faster structures, & the daily traffic figures prove that again & again.

Some people like slow deepies, some like fast & furious, some like scarys, some like Roulette, & it's not your or my place to say they are wrong, or deny them that. Because you & I don't like them does not make them "wrong".

I don't like brussel sprouts, as it happens, but Grandma Angell swore by them, "full of iron". I've not eaten green veg in my life, others say "you'll die if you don't eat green veg". (I've yet to have a single day off work through sickness in 48 years). Each to their own.

But I am trying to wean players off the faster stuff, & onto the slower, & better structured Tourneys, because that way, I believe we can attract more players to the Site. Which I think would be a good thing.

Hence my T-o-T structure, which I plan to ask Sky Poker to roll out more often, perhaps even nightly, if I can garner enough player support. The suggestion that Sky Poker won't do that "because players take longer to bust out, thus less rake", is flopdoodle & flim-flam at it's finest.

If players support them, we can have them. It's THAT simple.

Now, it's 5am, & I need some sleep, so I must wish you good night.
  • edited June 2010
    Good night Tikay, I just noticed your tourney next week is down as a rebuy tourney? -- Don't know if thats an oversight too?--sweet dreams
  • edited June 2010
    Good night Tikay, I just noticed your tourney next week is down as a rebuy tourney? -- Don't know if thats an oversight too?--sweet dreams
    Posted by oynutter
    Thanks for pointing that out nutter - had arranged to stay in next friday but as I dislike re-buys it looks like the pub again for me.

However, it will be interesting to see how the re-buys (if not an oversight) will effect the T-o-T numbers. As we know the tourney is completely Tikay's baby so presumably he's requested a re-buy experiment??? 

• edited June 2010
    I'd stay arranged for now Dud, I can't see Tikay wanting his tourney turned into a rebuy, probably is an oversight
  • edited June 2010
    I'd stay arranged for now Dud, I can't see Tikay wanting his tourney turned into a rebuy, probably is an oversight
    Posted by oynutter
    I expect you're right - you wouldn't normally expect a "pure" tourney to incorporate re-buys.

Begs the question how many "oversights" are required before the suits call them by another name.

To put it another way I think my boss would accept "oversight" once (as long as I didn't cost him too much).......I'm not sure I could try the same trick twice in a day.

All of which means.......Pubs on hold!!
  • edited June 2010

I'll deal with the "Rebuy" question seperately, if I may. First, the original question. I was rather late to bed, 5am I think, but the answer to the note I sent at 4am was awaiting me when I logged on this morning.

I actually may have done the Tourney Schedulers a dis-service - they had not "forgotten" as such, they just do things in a particular way for a variety of wholly logical reasons.

All the DeepStacks that get players are, & will be retained. They have simply stopped scheduling those that almost never "run", due to lack of players. They have done this in an attempt to de-clutter the Lobby, especially as many players do not use the Lobby Filters. It's a "balance" thing, & there's no point in repeatedly scheduling Tourneys which invariably do not run, so they manage the schedule dynamically. 

Tonight's "affordable" regular Deepies are all there. I do not see any scheduled for this afternoon, though I believe that's because they do not expect a lot of Deepie business this afternoon, what with the build-up to that little football match. If there IS a demand for daily & regular morning & afternoon Deepies, it's the work of a moment to schedule them.

For general interest.....

The "day" Tourneys after 9am automatically spawn between 5 & 23 hours before scheduled start time, the time variance being a factor of the profile of the Tourney. For example, Roulette Tourneys only spawn 5 hours before scheduled start time, as these tend to be impulse Tourneys, rather than Tourneys which players plan to play.

I hope that explains a few things, but any further questions, fire away, & I'll reply as best I can. 

I'll deal with that Rebuy question shortly.
  • edited June 2010
    Just thought you would like to know there are 2 deepstacks at 22:15 tonight.
  • edited June 2010
    Whatever happens with the ToT on Friday i'm in.  Even got registered before Tikay lol.
  • edited June 2010
    Re buys now confirmed

Never mind, pub it is then.
  • edited June 2010

The details are all HERE