You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£50 Rebuy Freeroll or £20?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
the rebuys will probably take it over the £50 and if not sky will porbably then add to it

Comments

• edited June 2010

£50 gtd prize pool £20?

• edited June 2010
    I assumed it was a £50 freeroll and the rebuys would be added onto that
  • edited June 2010
    The £100 ones have £100 prize pools the £50 have £20?
  • edited June 2010
    It's £50 guaranteed (which is very different to £50 added).

I played in one earlier, there were 113 rebuys and add-ons at 50p each, so the total prize pool was £56.50, Sky didn't have to put any cash in at all. If the rebuys had come to less than £50 Sky would've had to top it up to make the guarantee.

Are these really freerolls or not? You could argue either way, it's fair to say the initial entry was free, but the entrants stumped up all the prize money. Sky are being quite clever here, running freerolls that cost them nothing.
  • edited June 2010
    I am not disputing the rebuys and addons will prob make the prize pool and know the diff between gtd and added prize pools.These say gtd £50 tournament lobby say £20 for all the £50 gtd does not add up?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: £50 Rebuy Freeroll or £20?:
    It's £50 guaranteed (which is very different to £50 added). I played in one earlier, there were 113 rebuys and add-ons at 50p each, so the total prize pool was £56.50, Sky didn't have to put any cash in at all. If the rebuys had come to less than £50 Sky would've had to top it up to make the guarantee. Are these really freerolls or not? You could argue either way, it's fair to say the initial entry was free, but the entrants stumped up all the prize money. Sky are being quite clever here, running freerolls that cost them nothing.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I didn't play this so I should be a little careful about commenting but I doubt that you are right.

You don't know the actual number of rebuys (unless you were monitoring every table constantly). You have assumed that was the number of re-buys. It is much more likely that it is the number of re-buys plus the number of original entrants. I would expect that the actual number of rebuys was quite small since people were treating it as a normal freeroll.

I'm pretty sure that Sky would have added 50p into the prize pool for every player that entered so it did cost them a little money. It makes no sense for them to provide free rebuys since everyone would have been going all-in every hand to bump up the prize pool.

If I have got this wrong, I apologise.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: £50 Rebuy Freeroll or £20? : I didn't play this so I should be a little careful about commenting but I doubt that you are right. You don't know the actual number of rebuys (unless you were monitoring every table constantly). You have assumed that was the number of re-buys. It is much more likely that it is the number of re-buys plus the number of original entrants. I would expect that the actual number of rebuys was quite small since people were treating it as a normal freeroll. I'm pretty sure that Sky would have added 50p into the prize pool for every player that entered so it did cost them a little money. It makes no sense for them to provide free rebuys since everyone would have been going all-in every hand to bump up the prize pool. If I have got this wrong, I apologise.
    Posted by MereNovice
    You have got it wrong this time. The tournament lobby tells you exactly you how may re-buys and add-ons there are, it constantly updates the numbers as they increase. There are several more of these 'freerolls' with re-buys running today (Sunday), if you either enter one, or just keep an eye the lobby while it's running you'll see what I mean.

During the tournament I mentioned above there were exactly 100 re-buys and 13 add-ons at 50p each, the total prize pool was £56.50 (no more). While 30 players got paid, only the top 10 finishers actually won prizes of more than 50p, so the decision some players made to re-buy multiple times before the bubble for just 2BB or less was bizarre to say the least.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: £50 Rebuy Freeroll or £20? : You have got it wrong this time. The tournament lobby tells you exactly you how may re-buys and add-ons there are, it constantly updates the numbers as they increase. There are several more of these 'freerolls' with re-buys running today (Sunday), if you either enter one, or just keep an eye the lobby while it's running you'll see what I mean. During the tournament I mentioned above there were exactly 100 re-buys and 13 add-ons at 50p each, the total prize pool was £56.50 (no more). While 30 players got paid, only the top 10 finishers actually won prizes of more than 50p, so the decision some players made to re-buy multiple times before the bubble for just 2BB or less was bizarre to say the least.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I knew that I shouldn't have commented!
    Thanks for the correction.
  • edited June 2010
    Gotta echo your sentiment, GaryQQQ, about the rebuys. One crazy soul rebought SIX times on the first table, at a cost of £3. A couple of us reminded them how deep they'd have to go to recoup it, but we were ignored. Fair enough, after the sixth they got a grip on a stack and did actually cash out, but in the 30s for 19p or whatever it was. Crazy. Pennies maybe, but not good gaming/gambling/poker sense surely.

Me? I was 3p down after finishing 18th and adding on. Oh well.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: £50 Rebuy Freeroll or £20? : You have got it wrong this time. The tournament lobby tells you exactly you how may re-buys and add-ons there are, it constantly updates the numbers as they increase. There are several more of these 'freerolls' with re-buys running today (Sunday), if you either enter one, or just keep an eye the lobby while it's running you'll see what I mean. During the tournament I mentioned above there were exactly 100 re-buys and 13 add-ons at 50p each, the total prize pool was £56.50 (no more). While 30 players got paid, only the top 10 finishers actually won prizes of more than 50p, so the decision some players made to re-buy multiple times before the bubble for just 2BB or less was bizarre to say the least.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

All of which very neatly illustrates the "joy" of re-buys.

If I have a go at one of these its only for the challenge of seeing how far I can get through the shove fest without ever re-loading - I've only ever bought a rebuy once, and that was a miss click.

Good for sky to provide variety - only hope the £20 FRs don't now totally disappear which would be a backward step imo.
  • edited June 2010
    Here's a lobby screenshot of a £50 'freeroll' that's running at the moment. Its sold a total of 117 re-buys and add-ons at 50p each, which accounts for the entire prize pool of £58.50. Only the top 10 finishers of the 387 entrants will win more than the cost of a single add-on/re-buy. I think you can safely assume that the number of players making a loss in this freeroll will far outnumber those making a profit.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9509/rebuy.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Just waiting for a rake to be added to addons and rebuys to make them fit with the current business structure lol and that will be the end of freerolls.