You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Re-buy, re-buy everywhere

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Just about every speed game this evening is a re-buy.Give people a choice but this smacks of greed.Trying to attract new players by interfering with regular players game will end in tears.Not to mention the fact that all the garantees are a fraction of what they used to be.

£250 scary's became 200 became 100

£250 speeds became 200 became 100

Last one out turns the light out! shouldn't be long now.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Guarantees will be down because of less players playing due to seasonal considerations and a little thing called The World Cup.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re-buy, re-buy everywhere:
    Just about every speed game this evening is a re-buy.Give people a choice but this smacks of greed.Trying to attract new players by interfering with regular players game will end in tears.Not to mention the fact that all the garantees are a fraction of what they used to be. £250 scary's became 200 became 100 £250 speeds became 200 became 100 Last one out turns the light out! shouldn't be long now.  
    Posted by oink
    The rest of the online poker scene goes totally against what you say. Sites with an abundance of rebuys get up to 100,000 players online at any one time. Sky has a business to run and they need to find out what the players want. I don't see that it will be any different to a score of other bigger sites in that respect.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Re-buy, re-buy everywhere:
    Guarantees will be down because of less players playing due to seasonal considerations and a little thing called The World Cup.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Then i look forward to the garantees returning to where they once were.They haven't yet since i started playing here.And the world cup would have sufficed adding a "little thing" to it was uneccesary and detracts from your post.Perhaps you could have added DURRRR to your post.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re-buy, re-buy everywhere : The rest of the online poker scene goes totally against what you say. Sites with an abundance of rebuys get up to 100,000 players online at any one time. Sky has a business to run and they need to find out what the players want. I don't see that it will be any different to a score of other bigger sites in that respect.
    Posted by elsadog
    Don't mind re-buys but don't see why there should be an absolute dearth of re-buys like there is tonight for instance.Other sites if i want to play a speed re-buy i can if i want to play a plain old speed game i can.Choice is the name of the game.
    tonight you will notice there is very little choice for speed games without buy ins.
    As for the rest of the online poker scene do you mean just you or am i really the only one who thinks this is slightly wrong after all not sure all the other sites take a rake on a re-buy and there is a reason for this.
    Please, mine is but my own personal opinion and i am merely airing it.If i don't like what i see i am free to move sites and i'm sure i will if this site predominantly becomes mainly re-buy speed games.
    Gl to all stay happy keep winning.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Re-buy, re-buy everywhere : Don't mind re-buys but don't see why there should be an absolute dearth of re-buys like there is tonight for instance.Other sites if i want to play a speed re-buy i can if i want to play a plain old speed game i can.Choice is the name of the game. tonight you will notice there is very little choice for speed games without buy ins. As for the rest of the online poker scene do you mean just you or am i really the only one who thinks this is slightly wrong after all not sure all the other sites take a rake on a re-buy and there is a reason for this. Please, mine is but my own personal opinion and i am merely airing it.If i don't like what i see i am free to move sites and i'm sure i will if this site predominantly becomes mainly re-buy speed games. Gl to all stay happy keep winning.  
    Posted by oink