You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A SIMPLE POLL

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
After yet more censorship of post`s and with threads being deleted,along with threats of being banned to forum regulars, what is the general feeling amongst the contributors to these pages. 

Comments

• edited June 2010
     I dont know wether its the rules at fault or wether its just 1 certain mod who seems to see bad in most things! Maybe if they let them out of their box for a while they could visit the real world then maybe they wouldnt be quite so uptight! :)
  • edited June 2010
    The mods are a bit like football referees. No consistency or common sense, too quick to flash yellow and red cards, choose to see what they want......etc.

That is not a criticism by the way (before I get sent to the tower) ITS A FACT.

After all it is an Over 18 site. Isn't it?
  • edited June 2010
     The problem is I see a man standing on a cliff and think what a great view he must have they think suicide! I see a little mustache and think Charlie Chaplin they think Holocaust! It all seems to be down to one sad persons rather twisted view on things. So lets show some pity for this poor tortured soul!
  • edited June 2010

I voted yes ,

i feel of late we are losing a lot of the more colourful characters

in this forum .

saying this i do believe skyrich has a difficult job ,

but does it excellently well maybe he could pass these skills on to

his co. worker / co workers .

experience is after all a valued thing !

• edited June 2010
    Difficult question to answer as the threads and posts in question are usually removed before I see them !

But I would hate to lose the brilliant contributions of Emily. Hu and the other comedians.

Their sideways slant on life always brightens my day.

• edited June 2010
    I think that SOME of the mods are a little over zealous in their deletions/moving of posts so I voted YES.  I think that as its an adult site then allowances should be made. 

As someone has said a lot of this happens when Sky_Rich isn't around so maybe he needs to hold a training course for the other mods to bring them up to his standard.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: A SIMPLE POLL:
    The mods are a bit like football referees. No consistency or common sense, too quick to flash yellow and red cards, choose to see what they want......etc. That is not a criticism by the way (before I get sent to the tower) ITS A FACT. After all it is an Over 18 site. Isn't it?
    Posted by emilyegg
    I voted yes but what you said in your post is just your opinion (and maybe other people's opinion aswell), but it's not a fact.

England drew 1-1 with USA yesterday. That's a fact.

And to the OP, aren't the top and bottom options essentially saying the same thing?

Sorry, I'm in a pedantic mood and needed to let it out. That is all.
  • edited June 2010
    another one of my "Fans" with a contribution that does not come as a great shock. FACT. The opinions of some of us are not permitted on here, Another FACT. A mod on here thinks it is acceptable to allow the portrayal of a coloured man appearing to make Monkey Noises in an image. FACT.
  • edited June 2010
    I voted yes simply because as a couple of others have already mentioned this is an adult site. By all means weed out the threads/posts that are simply abusive but some of the things that have been deleted have (IMO) been for very petty reasons.
  • edited June 2010
    another one of my "Fans" with a contribution that does not come as a great shock. FACT. The opinions of some of us are not permitted on here, Another FACT. A mod on here thinks it is acceptable to allow the portrayal of a coloured man appearing to make Monkey Noises in an image. FACT.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Um, ok. I have no idea what you're talking about now so can't comment on it.

But I do know I'm not one of your "fans" or otherwise, I don't even know you.

I would also strongly suggest you look up and understand the definition of the word 'fact' before you use it again. (That's just my opinion of course, not a fact).
  • edited June 2010
    You are a prime example of what is wrong with this site. Always looking to "stir the pot". Start aggro, simmer for 20 minutes, walk away and admire the results. Wannabe mod maybe?
  • edited June 2010
    i would vote yes,but i'm worried they will know i did and i will get banned :-|
  • edited June 2010
    You are a prime example of what is wrong with this site. Always looking to "stir the pot". Start aggro, simmer for 20 minutes, walk away and admire the results. Wannabe mod maybe?
    Posted by emilyegg
    Wow, somebody got up on the wrong side of bed this morning.

I agree with you that this site is too strictly monitored and therefore (as I already said in my first post) voted yes on this poll.

However, I felt your 1st post on this thread was a little unfair on the mods and gave my reason for this in a calm and coherent manner. At no point did I rant, rave, abuse, threaten or insult you in any way. It's the people who do this on a regular basis who are "prime examples" of what is wrong with this site, hence why the mods exist.

Actually, you were probably right in the first place - Mods are like referees - They have the hardest job on the site and everyone thinks they could do it better. (Which is why I would never want to be one).
  • edited June 2010
    Yawn, sadly you do not have any comprehension of the situation, as you clearly have never been on the receiving end. It is very easy to stir the aforementioned siht-pot as previously said. Opinions are good but please do not spout gash unless you are aware of the facts. That is all.
  • edited June 2010
    Yawn, sadly you do not have any comprehension of the situation, as you clearly have never been on the receiving end. It is very easy to stir the aforementioned siht-pot as previously said. Opinions are good but please do not spout gash unless you are aware of the facts . That is all.
    Posted by emilyegg

Jinglema has posted very reasonably in this thread.
    You appear to be unwilling to accept any other viewpoint than your own - even when it is not directly opposed to your own views.
    By making pettyand childish comments as above, you are not really doing yourself any favours.
  • edited June 2010
    Again people are not in possession of the facts. Sorry vince.
  • edited June 2010
    Irrespective of the "facts", it is certainly true that your post contained opinions and not facts.
    I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree about that. :-)
  • edited June 2010
    no probs vincent....like I say though, it is very easy to be judgemental without being aware of the facts, and maybe easier to sit on the fence with a "friend".
  • edited June 2010
    Voted yes for the simple reason that I had a post deleted last week. 

I  moaned about my £1.62 refund after the site crashed last week. It seems anyhting negative about Sky gets deleted.

I thought we lived in a democracy with free speech. That was the first post i have ever mentioned Sky poker in a negative fashion.

I wouldn,t be on here in the first place if i didn,t like Sky Poker 
  • edited June 2010
    i voted yes, but again only because one (or maybe 2) mods seem to have a serious sense of humour failure.
    i also agree that Sky Rich does a great, but difficult, job. this IS an over 18 rated site so a little bit of relaxation should be applied...after all we ARE all adults and sometimes our sense of humour can be a little more adult.

just a thought...maybe these 1 or 2 mods are used to working in a less than adult site before now. a little rethinking would then be a good idea.
  • edited June 2010
    no probs vincent....like I say though, it is very easy to be judgemental without being aware of the facts, and maybe sit on the fence with a "friend".
    Posted by emilyegg

I have no idea at all what you mean by this post; it is simply baffling.

Firstly, I would say that it is impossible to "sit on the fence" and also "be judgemental". They are completely opposite concepts.

I'm also bemused by your reference to a "friend".
  • edited June 2010

Message from Sky Mod 1.....

''Your thread title may offend our Polish community on here and may be deleted. Thank you for your continued contributions to the forum but I suggest you forward all future thread ideas and posts to the suits so they can be cleared beforehand as we do not wish to upset anybody on the forum''.

regards.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: A SIMPLE POLL : I have no idea at all what you mean by this post; it is simply baffling. Firstly, I would say that it is impossible to "sit on the fence" and also "be judgemental". They are completely opposite concepts. I'm also bemused by your reference to a "friend".
    Posted by MereNovice
    You wont be able to  see this , unless  your  a 'mod' .. however  for them .. 

" when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, you  find  it  more  probable  and that must be the truth ?

• edited June 2010
    lol vincent....keep stirring.

TBH though, as I am going to be banned in the morning anyway, it is water off a ducks back now. That said, I think that the votes in the o/p should be a wake up call to someone. (Fact anyone?)

It is about time that some people had the bottle to stand up to the inconsistencies of the forum rules on here and the "iron fist" that patrols it. Benny and Webby paid the price, and I am not too upset to be following them in all honesty. This site falls to bits when Rich isn`t here. (that "F" word again)

Mind the splinters vincent....and without looking, I would give odds of 1/3 that jinglema is on your friends list.

Hurry along to 865 now, your friends will be waiting for you. 

Not going to exit by insulting anyone though.......not even the racist mod.

Cheers
  • edited June 2010

Rob I have never EVER seen you post like this in the forum. You are usually such a funny happy-go-lucky guy. xxxx

• edited June 2010
    Message from Sky Mod 1..... ''Your thread title may offend our Polish community on here and may be deleted. Thank you for your continued contributions to the forum but I suggest you forward all future thread ideas and posts to the suits so they can be cleared beforehand as we do not wish to upset anybody on the forum''. regards.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Haha thats more nearer the truth than you think.
  • edited June 2010
    lol vincent....keep stirring. TBH though, as I am going to be banned in the morning anyway, it is water off a ducks back now. That said, I think that the votes in the o/p should be a wake up call to someone. (Fact anyone?) It is about time that some people had the bottle to stand up to the inconsistencies of the forum rules on here and the "iron fist" that patrols it. Benny and Webby paid the price, and I am not too upset to be following them in all honesty. This site falls to bits when Rich isn`t here. (that "F" word again) Mind the splinters vincent....and without looking, I would give odds of 1/3 that jinglema is on your friends list. Hurry along to 865 now, your friends will be waiting for you.  Not going to exit by insulting anyone though.......not even the racist mod. Cheers
    Posted by emilyegg
    Nail bangs on head ..well done , well said 'emilyegg

( i know only you mods  can see this but maybe now you see whats happening)
  • edited June 2010
    May I remind people that this is the internet and has no resemblence on real life, so lets all take a breather get ourselves a good nights sleep.
  • edited June 2010
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz all in zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz