You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Downloadable client

edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
I have heard we will have the option of one of these soon.  Can any suits/presenters be more specific, as in how soon.

Cheers

Comments

• edited August 2009

I'd be very surprised if anyone would be prepared to put a date on this.

Everything has to be tested, tested again, Beta-Tested, da de da, so these dates have a habit of moving around. To name the date would be asking for trouble, because if the date moved, Sky Poker would get a bit of a kicking.

It's on the way, & won't be long.

The majority of Sky Poker players don't feel a need for a Downloadable Client - in fact the lack of one was cited in a Customer Survey as a big plus - so that was interesting! The Dream Scenario therefore is to have both, & so that's the way it will be.

Anyway, Sky Poker players will have a choice.

"Soon". ;)
  • edited August 2009
    Why do we need a downloadable client, what would the difference be?
    A mobile phone client would be nice tho! ;-)
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Downloadable client:
    Why do we need a downloadable client, what would the difference be? A mobile phone client would be nice tho! ;-)
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Every other site I have played is downloadable, and the software on most works so much better than sky at the moment.  The main reason for me would be so I could multitable more than 5 tables without everything freezing, running slow, and crashing
  • edited August 2009
    I think its a great idea i have real trouble multi tableing and just dont bother now cos its too slow. Other sites i play seem to deal with it fine but for some reason there is a slight lag and have had hands folding automaticaly. ive got a high end spec laptop and i know its on wireless but it shouldnt be as bad as it is. So I think having the downloadable client will help.
  • edited August 2009
     i too would love to see a reliable download option because of the extra reliability--i have loads of problems with the flash player--mostly due to wireless and slow connection.which seems fine on download sites--one possible way around it dazler is to buy a thing called onspeed, the technical staff have told me this should solve most, if not all of the trouble associated with slow and/or wireless connections--i will be aquiring this technology asap and will let you know what difference it makes---i will send you a message in a week or so--as i have to get a visa card to buy it --cost is around 30 quid a year but if it does what it says it will do it is well worth that amount
  • edited September 2009
    Any more news on this? Will it be yet another Windows only software?