You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poorly extracted value

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.16
tennispair Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.95
Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £2.81
Big blind  £0.04 £0.14 £0.96
  Your hole cards

Fold     
Check     
Check     
Call  £0.04 £0.18 £1.56
XCall  £0.02 £0.20 £1.14
tennispair Check     
Flop

• J

XCheck     
tennispair Check     
YCheck     
ZCheck     
Check     
Turn

XCheck     
tennispair Bet  £0.11 £0.31 £4.84
Call  £0.11 £0.42 £2.70
ZFold     
Call  £0.11 £0.53 £1.45
XFold     
River

tennispair Bet  £0.36 £0.89 £4.48
Fold     
Fold     
tennispair Muck     
tennispair Win  £0.51  £4.99
tennispair Return  £0.36 £0.02 £5.35
--------------
Pre-flop
checked here because of 4 limpers + in big blind so getting free cards.

Flop
checked here because ive got 3 more to act behind plus if i lead then its like a big flashing light saying ive hit the flop! so a check raise or check call might be best here!? only worry is the 2 diamonds but its a risk worth taking atm.

Turn
I lead out this time with a 1/2 pot bet, board hasnt connected other than for flush draw. so i expect to be called by top pair & flush draw & maybe middle pair due to limits. called by 2 players here.

River
Defo think im ahead here, would be re-raised by sets/2 pair hands on turn...put in a 3/4 pot bet, both fold. Presume they were chasing flush draws.

Is there any way to get a bit more value out this hand? Do you agree with my reads?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Bet each street.

Just BET BET BET.

Keep it simple.

Oh and id probs just pot bet flop, bet almost pot on turn, and whatever you think will get paid on river.
  • edited June 2010
    At this level no-one will bet their big hads, trust me. I had one player call off bets on all streets never raising with a flopped set of Aces, I had a setof 4's lol, luckily they never raised because they simply do not know the meaning of the word and I saved myself about 40 BB's.

In this hand on that wet flop I bet 15-17p, if i get called great if they all fold too bad. On turn if it gets there bet very close to pot as gotta bleed em at this stage. And as long as river isnt a heart or straight card bet close to pot again.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: poorly extracted value:
    At this level no-one will bet their big hads, trust me. I had one player call off bets on all streets never raising with a flopped set of Aces, I had a setof 4's lol, luckily they never raised because they simply do not know the meaning of the word and I saved myself about 40 BB's. In this hand on that wet flop I bet 15-17p, if i get called great if they all fold too bad. On turn if it gets there bet very close to pot as gotta bleed em at this stage. And as long as river isnt a heart or straight card bet close to pot again.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    LOL i had someone check to me on every street with pocket aces, luckily i didn't try steal the pot with my 7 high.
    Was funny though, when he was bluffing he would be super aggro, but just check every street with his big hands.
  • edited June 2010
    Bet each street. Just BET BET BET. Keep it simple. Oh and id probs just pot bet flop, bet almost pot on turn, and whatever you think will get paid on river.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    +1 - that flop is a mess, thin the field and keep the real hands in and value town em
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: poorly extracted value : LOL i had someone check to me on every street with pocket aces, luckily i didn't try steal the pot with my 7 high. Was funny though, when he was bluffing he would be super aggro, but just check every street with his big hands.
    Posted by robc
    I really love their logic of call any bet ALL-IN ALL-in on a draw !!....but the second they actually have a hand they do nothing, then go all in on the river lol. The one I like is the minbet on the flop then suddenly pot bet on turn, just really weird but helpful.
  • edited June 2010
    min bet flop, call raise, min bet turn, call raise. donk shove river. gg welcome to the nuts party
  • edited June 2010
    cheers for the responses guys. agree with dudeskin about the draws. think its best to bet every street espc on drawy boards.
  • edited June 2010
    loooool, check, check, check, min bet.
  • edited June 2010
    cheers for the responses guys. agree with dudeskin about the draws. think its best to bet every street espc on drawy boards.
    Posted by tennispair
    Oh yeah, sos about blanking you earlier, don't tend to chat much in cash games.
  • edited June 2010
    I would probably be betting out on the flop after seeing that board, i think theres too many draws out there who would gladly take a free check to hit and then u could be in all sorts of problems! if everyone folds then so be it, take the pot down and move onto the next one but I wouldn't be checking that flop, i think a 2/3rd pot bet would be right cos any one with a jack would come along and any 8 prob calls!
  • edited June 2010
    Here is how to extract value after flopping two pair ;-)
    rossy88888 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.64
    Patching99 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.82
      Your hole cards

LADYGUNS Fold     
    sammiekd Call  £0.04 £0.10 £0.72
    jahar Fold     
    1Call  £0.04 £0.14 £10.97
    rossy88888 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £2.62
    Patching99 Check     
    Flop

• K

rossy88888 Check