You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quiz Question.../ moan

Right, this applies to all football, but this world cup is taking it to a new level...

Ok,

What % of free-kicks awarded outside the attacking penalty area, would be given as penalty kicks if they occured inside the attacking penalty area?

My guess is 10%

It really is becoming ridiculous, and you can see the ex pros in the studios, they watch on in disgust, but theyre starting to just accept it, and joke about it "wouldnt be given in our day"

Pleaseeeeeee stop doing it.

Im watching Japan V Cameroon - Ive watched every game so far. These 2 teams are obviously struggling, and gonna struggle, but it really really doesn't help when the referee is whistle happy.

Part of the fun of the World cup, is that rubbish games, aren't rubbish!!n - Even if they are rubbish!!

Geddit??? - Give these guys a chance to play football please refs

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I think thats what your gonna get from refs through the whole tourniment fifa have been trying to make it a contactless sport for years now.
    for me part of the fun of watching world cups was some fantasticly outragous fouls especially from the african teams cameroon in 1990 put in some truly outstanding fouls but now all the teams seem to be scared to commit to a tackle.
    I watched the Algeria game yesterday and after watching them in the african cup i thought this might be a bit feisty but they were exactly the same. what fifa dont get is that a good crunching tackle gets the crowd involved and usually stirs the game into life.
    i know its early days but this world cup has been woefully dull so far
  • edited June 2010
    Can't blame it all on the ref's, they are probably only doing as they are told by the jokers at fifa.  For some reason they like controversy and seem like they are doing there utmost to ruin the game.

Lets not forget the players either, they are also a disgrace, any touch and they go down quicker than a cheap hoooker! 
  • edited June 2010

lol how much is a cheap h0oker??

How much is an expensive one???

No guess on the ratio of fouls or penalties awarded inside/outside the area yet?

• edited June 2010

Cheap hoooker - 4NL!?!
    Expensive hoooker - 100NL!?!

Prob around 20%, see the free kick for paraguay that led to there goal.  Who knows what the defender did wrong there apart from challenge for the ball fairly!!!

• edited June 2010

lol!

I'm getting on the grind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so do people think that a free kick offense, and a penalty kick offense, are 2 different things now?

I think they should re-write the rules to incorporate this. - Or (preferably) stop doing it!!!

....Just seen we have New Zealand v Slovakia to enjoy this dinnertime. See If the ref lets them play, even tho they r too poor teams, it could be a cracking game!!!

You see results in league 2 - 3-3/4-4/5-4 all the time!!