You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What you put him on?

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Late on in tonights 3k bounty hunter im more than double the average stack with 100 runners left but i have 2 of the bigger stacks on my table(Im 8th at this point). In the bb with 2 5 suited spades the big stack min raises on the button -  blinds are 200/400. so th big stack made it 400 more to call so i thought it was a gd price. flop comes q 6 2, big blind bets 700, i call with bottom pair because its so cheap. Turn comes another 2 so i hit trips  and check again, big stack checks behind me. River comes an ace (no flush or straight possiblities that he could be on) i lead out 1500 hundred he instant shoves for his final 12,000. wat can he have thats beating me here??? the only things i could think of were qq or aa which wouldnt have made sense, why check on the turn with these hands so i thought i called.
wat can u put him on here ????

Comments

• edited June 2010

I dunno what I put him on, but Im definitely calling to find out !

I wud have folded pre flop and on the flop though
  • edited June 2010
    guess he had 66s full or maybe A2....check on the turn makes sense to me after he fills up he prob puts u on some kinda draw and wants u to hit

the fact u donk out the river on an A and he still shoves shows he not the least bit scared u have an A or better and he wont be risking his stack on a bluff there with no straights or flushes out his range is too polarised.

easy fold.
  • edited June 2010

quite a funny hh tbh, fold pre is first thought. his small flop bet and turn check back really smells of a terrible player "letting him catch up", although with a set i would expect him to check back flop bet turn i guess it depends if there a flush draw possible on the flop but you didnt say anything about that.
    if he bets turn bets river he gets your stack, as it is i think you can fold though folding trips for 30bbs sucks

• edited June 2010
    I suspect AK. He has you on a Q, which means hes beat on the turn, he connects with his Ace oon the river. I call here. I may be wrong and i crash out, but thats my two pence worth.

The reason why i say this,

He min raises pre-flop hints of a strong ace but hes not commiting too much invase he loses.

Flop he makes a pretty standard continuation bet in my opinion your leading from here on in. Te turn seals the deal for you in my opion.

When the Ace hits i suspect he has you on KQ which would make AK good with Aces up, but youve actually got the two, i call if im wrong i come back for seconds another time. If im right ive weakened him and strenthened myself.
  • edited June 2010
    Hes prob got a boat here alot but you played it kinda wierd, fold pre and fold to the cbet would be my plan. I take it you lost the hand else you wouldnt be posting it?