You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

60p roulette rebuy tourney

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
15 players entered this type of tourney with 500 chips and 1 minute blinds, there was £7.50 in the kitty at the start, unlimited rebuys til the first break ( and there are no breaks so its unlimited rebuys forever lool). At the end there was £37.50 in the kitty.Yep, that's correct, £30 + £6 of rebuy cash on a 60p tourney with 15 players! When only 4 were left, one player had 25,000 chips and the others were rebuying time after time to get in the 'money' When there were 3 left, the two shortest stacks were rebuying to try and 'ladder up' What they failed to understand was that when they were both rebuying for 60p, the 2nd place payout only went up by 30p and 3rd by 20p, all they were doing was feeding the chip leader and skypoker! I really cant understand why players are playing these, i have only played one when they 1st started, came 1st for £17.75 with 3 rebuys, but i was the chip leader and they were the ones feeding me, but i realised how poor the value was if you didn't win it, even if you come second you are probably out of pocket. My advice to everyone is to avoid this particular tournament.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Sky keep saying there is limited space for games when they remove or change games people like.Ditch roulette and chip and a chair and lets play poker.(but they won't because there fast and now cash cows)
  • edited June 2010
    They would only be deemed "cash cows" because lots of people play them.

It's not for us to say that they should be removed just because we don't happen to like them.

I'm sure that Sky Poker would provide more of the types of game that we prefer if we played them. It's up to us to support the games that we enjoy and "market forces" will dictate that they remain on the schedule, I'm sure.
  • edited June 2010
    I think these tournaments are absolutely fantastic, and the best value that one could possibly hope for on a poker site--come on lads--honestly now, where else can one rebuy for 5% of a big blind--eh--eh--tell me that there then!!--- I will never play one of those silly, poker player infested, deep stacks again!!-- I can tell you!!!-- mind you lads and lasses, I do think sky have missed a trick with these, come on sky, can't we have a 1500 chip ante on these--pplleaseee---you know it makes sense!!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: 60p roulette rebuy tourney:
    They would only be deemed "cash cows" because lots of people play them. It's not for us to say that they should be removed just because we don't happen to like them. I'm sure that Sky Poker would provide more of the types of game that we prefer if we played them. It's up to us to support the games that we enjoy and "market forces" will dictate that they remain on the schedule, I'm sure.
    Posted by MereNovice

Several popular, well supported games have been turned into rebuys, and lots of players seem unhappy about it, some of which are not even mad, uncompromising, intolerant rebels !!
  • edited June 2010
    I think these tournaments are absolutely fantastic, and the best value that one could possibly hope for on a poker site--come on lads--honestly now, where else can one rebuy for 5% of a big blind--eh--eh--tell me that there then!!--- I will never play one of those silly, poker player infested, deep stacks again!!-- I can tell you!!!-- mind you lads and lasses, I do think sky have missed a trick with these, come on sky, can't we have a 1500 chip ante on these--pplleaseee---you know it makes sense!!!
    Posted by oynutter
    lol seriously???? this is madness at its best innit
  • edited June 2010

well i goggled rebuy poker games and skypokers charge on buy back ins,

is not the way to play these games .

this advice is from a lot of the poker experts .

they say if you intend to play a rebuy ,

you should be willing to afford to rebuy 5 times and don't touch rebuys

that charge you rake each time you buy back in.

now its not me that is saying this ,

its for all to see on line .

google it yourself if you wish !

• edited June 2010
    I think you'll find that only well balanced, sensible, deep thinking professionals play these tournaments, so your information is obviously wrong, and very misleading!!-- you have forgotten to take into account the whole point of these tournaments, which is in fact------ oh sorry, I have to go to the loo
  • edited June 2010
    Loony

I provided a similar report on these games the other day, on  thread nutter started and from a personal point of view couldnt agree with you more.

1) I don't like fast strcutured tournies and
    2) I'm not keen on rebuys

However thats not to say that Sky shouldnt offer them, if people are prapared to pay money for the privlege, providing that by providing these types of tournies isnt detrimental to providing more reasonable structured tournies.

Its the same with the rebuys, I have no problem with Sky adding rebuys, there are plenty of people who have asked when they were coming in the past, providing that again this does not affect tournies already in existence.

From what Ive read on here, it does appear that what would appear to have been the more popular tournaments are starting to have their criteria changed, and I know Tikay has made a post with regards to his Take on Tikay comps, and at least in respect of this Sky have managed to at least keep the format that has already proved popular , altho they have played around with the schedule, and I guess in respect of that we will have to see what the numbers bring.

However I have just looked at the tourny schedule, and I cant see any roulette games listed, never mind roulette rebuy ones, so maybe Sky have decided to give them a rest, or else its just a listing error. I know which I hope for.

Vince I agree in part with your post about its up to the players to support those tournies that they want, however , it is also a catch 22 situation. If they move popular tournies around to make way for "other" styles that Sky wish to promote, then how do you jusge if the tournie has been supported. Using the Take on Tikay scenario, which has been changed to a rebuy on a Friday. This tourny as a freezeout has so far proved popular, but will it be as popular in a midweek slot, and could it then be used as a justification for running less of these types of tournies.

I know this is hypothetical and Tikay has already posted some other arranegments in respect of this, but as someone who struggles to play at the more popular times during the week, as Im a late night early morning person as far as poker goes, it then becomes difficult to support those tournies I want to play in when they are moved from a slot that I've been able to play, to a slot where I am unable to play. If there are others in a similar situation, or they have other sky poker committments at the same time of these rescheduled games, then if the numbers drop are they then deemed as not being supported. Does it also then appear to  articficially boost those tournies that Sky appear to be promoting by scheduling them both a popular times and days, where some of those playing dont really care what type of tourny it is, they play because the day and time suits them.

If the numbers for the Take on Tikay rebuy on a Friday remain at the level they have done previously for the freezeout, whilst the freezeout version held in midweek has 100 less players, does this mean that rebuys are more popular than freezeouts or is it just a case of more players play during the friday slot than the midweek one.

Aski :)
  • edited June 2010
    Loony I provided a similar report on these games the other day, on  thread nutter started and from a personal point of view couldnt agree with you more. 1) I don't like fast strcutured tournies and 2) I'm not keen on rebuys However thats not to say that Sky shouldnt offer them, if people are prapared to pay money for the privlege, providing that by providing these types of tournies isnt detrimental to providing more reasonable structured tournies. Its the same with the rebuys, I have no problem with Sky adding rebuys, there are plenty of people who have asked when they were coming in the past, providing that again this does not affect tournies already in existence. From what Ive read on here, it does appear that what would appear to have been the more popular tournaments are starting to have their criteria changed, and I know Tikay has made a post with regards to his Take on Tikay comps, and at least in respect of this Sky have managed to at least keep the format that has already proved popular , altho they have played around with the schedule, and I guess in respect of that we will have to see what the numbers bring. However I have just looked at the tourny schedule, and I cant see any roulette games listed, never mind roulette rebuy ones, so maybe Sky have decided to give them a rest, or else its just a listing error. I know which I hope for. Vince I agree in part with your post about its up to the players to support those tournies that they want, however , it is also a catch 22 situation. If they move popular tournies around to make way for "other" styles that Sky wish to promote, then how do you jusge if the tournie has been supported. Using the Take on Tikay scenario, which has been changed to a rebuy on a Friday. This tourny as a freezeout has so far proved popular, but will it be as popular in a midweek slot, and could it then be used as a justification for running less of these types of tournies. I know this is hypothetical and Tikay has already posted some other arranegments in respect of this, but as someone who struggles to play at the more popular times during the week, as Im a late night early morning person as far as poker goes, it then becomes difficult to support those tournies I want to play in when they are moved from a slot that I've been able to play, to a slot where I am unable to play. If there are others in a similar situation, or they have other sky poker committments at the same time of these rescheduled games, then if the numbers drop are they then deemed as not being supported. Does it also then appear to  articficially boost those tournies that Sky appear to be promoting by scheduling them both a popular times and days, where some of those playing dont really care what type of tourny it is, they play because the day and time suits them. If the numbers for the Take on Tikay rebuy on a Friday remain at the level they have done previously for the freezeout, whilst the freezeout version held in midweek has 100 less players, does this mean that rebuys are more popular than freezeouts or is it just a case of more players play during the friday slot than the midweek one. Aski :)
    Posted by Aski
     I agree 100% with this aski ---- sky does appear!!
  • edited June 2010
    Actually nutter I am incorrect in my statement.

For sky to appear that means it also has to disappear.

At present sky is a constant, in that it is always there and has been for many millions of years, although it has probably changed it state over this time, and no doubt it will adapt its appearence again over the course of the next millenia.

Thus to say that the sky appeared is most probably incorrect , as it was there even before our planet was formed, we were just not able to take note of it.

What this has to do with roulette rebuys I have no idea , but I feel that my post may have been misleading and thus I wished to changed my viewpoint in this regard.

• edited June 2010

thats right--change your mind why don't ya!!--- now that your whole theory has been blown out of the water!!

when I woke up this morning, the sky appeared to be grey--- so you had better revise your newly revised synopsis, before you confuse the whole roulette playing community young man!

• edited June 2010
    Actually nutter I am incorrect in my statement. For sky to appear that means it also has to disappear. At present sky is a constant, in that it is always there and has been for many millions of years, although it has probably changed it state over this time, and no doubt it will adapt its appearence again over the course of the next millenia. Thus to say that the sky appeared is most probably incorrect , as it was there even before our planet was formed, we were just not able to take note of it. What this has to do with roulette rebuys I have no idea , but I feel that my post may have been misleading and thus I wished to changed my viewpoint in this regard. Aski :)
    Posted by Aski
    I'm not sure that this is strictly true.
    I think that what we would term "the sky" is a consequence of the atmosphere of this planet, i.e. not "outer space". Therefore, "the sky" would not have been present before the formation of this planet.

I hope that this helps.  :-)))
  • edited June 2010
    Well Mr Nutter I will call your gray sky and raise you a cloudless blue sky here in sunny Wales :)

Hmmm Vince, yours is a more trickier bet and thus I will elect to just call your atmospheric raise with the following

given that astronomers refer to celestrial space as the sky, and this includes objects such as planets stars and moons, I would say that this has nothing to do with the atmosphere, and thus the sky would have existed prior to the formation of the earth

• edited June 2010
    It may help you merenovice, and it may help aski and I, but it's hardly likely to help the roulette playing fraternity now is it?-- what we need is answers man!-- not some sky related abstract theory that only serves to force us to ask more floppin questions!!!--get a grip man, for flops sake!
  • edited June 2010
    I beleive the roulette playing community have little interst in this now, given that those tournies are now relisted in the lobby :(

although it is possible that a healthy side betting community could evolve from the dilemma of whether sky appears or not :)
  • edited June 2010
    I'll call your raised consciencesness, and reraise you the whole floppin universe young man, and just in case you are wondering what to do about that--- there will be no fluppin rebuys in this one!!--so there!!
  • edited June 2010
    Makes a fist pumping call and pushes in with an ever expanding universe, which is now bigger than your universal raise, thus I am in no danger of exiting the tournie, due to my universe being bigger than yours :)

• edited June 2010
    aaahhaaa--NUTTER WINS AGAIN-- the whole universe includes all the limits of its expansion, as you will see in rules of no limit holdem, section 93, subsection 7, paragraph 9, under definition of "no limit"
  • edited June 2010
    I'm not entirely sure but I think we'll find that the off shot of all this is that we're ALL IN a black hole.
  • edited June 2010
    Calls Marty Wilson over and asks for a ruling on the use of alternative universes, and there after raises nutter with an infinite number of universes.

Aski sits back and puts sun glasses on whilst Nutter consider the bet

• edited June 2010
    I'm off to bed now, and I'm taking all the cards and the chips with me, so its off to the poker clinic with you mate, and you had better ask scotty77, talon, and mr mbro about how to play heads up with a NUTTER!!!
  • edited June 2010
    woo hoo I thought I was going to have to fold myself there, as its time for bed here too

I'll dream about my strategy for poker roulette rebuys, and hope they they introduce late add ons too, then I could always register when there are just 2 players left, must have a good chance of making the money then , even if I do only have a tenth of a big blind.

Catch ya later Nutter
  • edited June 2010
    good night morning aski, was a good, hard fought game, with a lot of skill and masterful play--- unlike certain games I can no longer bring myself to mention in the same breath

gl at the intergalactic tables, floppa whoppa!!
  • edited June 2010

Is this the thread to inquire when the much awaited next roulette re buy tournament will be?....

• edited June 2010
    Excellent intergalatic goings on aside I'd like to return to loony's point.

Firstly I have to declare a special affinity with the 1 min Roulette having won one on the very first day I played poker on line.

My first day was heading for a loss until that sweet MTT (!) victory gave me £9.60 and a bankroll which has never slipped into the red from that day onwards.

What's more it pretty much ensured that the poker bug in me was well and truly born.

What I didn't quite release of course was that wandering around the lobby Robert (green) on that first day I'd somehow managed to hit upon the one tourney which would give me a decent chance to win with the skill factor brought down to a minimum. What's more for 60p it was inexpensive, fast and fun and the thrill at winning was still pretty good for a rookie.

The thing is if I were starting out today what would happen to me clicking on a one minute roulette as it is now? The phrase "re-buy" meant zero to me on day one. I could easily have clicked on the rebuy option expecting that a site like Sky wouldn't be offering me something that didn't have some decent value behind it and give me a better sporting chance with the extra investment.

How wrong would I be?

Moreover if I went mad, bought a few rebuys went bust and then later studied the sums behind the tourney how would I have felt my first day at Sky had gone? 

Pretty different I would imagine.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for the variety that re-buys bring.

It's just that so far rebuys have COMPLETELY smothered the one minute roulette tourneys (a shame for those that enjoyed the 60p thrill ride)

Have COMPLETELY taken over the free roill section.

Not to mention the new, much vauntered T-o-T friday night tourney.

Proper variety would be a freezeout One Minute roulette one hour followed by the re-buy version the next.

Even then I'd have to say the re-buy Roulettes are verging on underhand and hardly present Sky in a very good light.

• edited June 2010
    good post Dud, I certainly agree with what you say about the value factor in these, mind you, roulette is roulette innit, and you have to be looking for a quick gambling fix to play them. The skill factor ends, imo, when you successfully hit the confirm registration button with your mouse
  • edited June 2010
    Didn't there used to be a similar tourney on Sky called Frenzy 555 or something to that effect? I vaguely remember when they first came oout that playing a 25p one gave me something ridiculous like 25 poker points each time.
  • edited June 2010
    Had a quick go at one of these when it first launched 5 rebuys later I took the touny down £17.22

The most amusing part was when we were down to the last 3 players and only the first 2 places got a decent cash. m8y boy kept re-buying so he could try and take 2nd place, we were both automatically all-in everytime and eventually he gave up. Heads up the big stack was auto calling, I hit three consecutive hands to get my chips up and shoved all-in twice again and the rest is history.

Would I do one again?............Only when I want to amuse myself.

But the re-buys did save my tourny life.
  • edited June 2010
    im watching the funniest thing ever!!

there are 4 players left and 3 cash!!!

they have been re buying now for 30 minutes with 1 guy with almost all the chips!!!!

no one wants to stop re buying as there doesnt seem to be a stopping point for the re buys!!!!

the winner is now going to get over £40 lol