You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    this better be worth the wait...
  • edited June 2010

Im just thinking about it now. lol

I think Im gonna get slaughtered when I post it.

I wnt to be like beaneh, lynx and zing and know what to do all the time :(

Im always guessing!!

Flop a flush draw, bet.

Tun a flush, (7 high) bet, get raised!!!

What now???

Dam I messed it up.

Dare me to post it?

I might do later after a few beers, bit of courage.
  • edited June 2010
    post the fecker
  • edited June 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £117.66
    OMahonyO Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £38.00
      Your hole cards

SAPPER7 Fold     
    WillP Raise  £1.00 £1.75 £41.07
    connolly08 Call  £1.00 £2.75 £18.25
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.75 £3.50 £116.91
    OMahonyO Fold     
    Flop

• K
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.00 £5.50 £114.91
    WillP Call  £2.00 £7.50 £39.07
    connolly08 Call  £2.00 £9.50 £16.25
    Turn

• J

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £7.13 £16.63 £107.78
    WillP Raise  £14.26 £30.89 £24.81
    connolly08 Fold    
  • edited June 2010

Oh I fopped it, thought I turned it.

Nvm, wat ya do here?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: 266012892:
    Oh I fopped it, thought I turned it. Nvm, wat ya do here?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Some info on what they've been playing like previously would be very useful.

Looking at what's happened pre-flop they could quite easily have 9 10o or Ac 10x, or any old junk and were just trying to steal the button, in which case obviously ship it.

I'm really not sure what their min-raise means pre-flop. It's fairly common for players to do that with big pocket pairs when in early position, this is sort of the case here thanks to there only being 5 players, they're UTG+1 and in the Cut-Off simultaneously, so from their perspective there's still a decent chance of someone going over the top of them, which they want to happen. If this is what they're holding they could quite easily be putting you on 2pair or 4 to the flush with Ac, but at the same time are worried that you've already got a made flush, hence the min-raise on the turn which doesn't risk too much of their stack. 

Tough spot thanks to your position, i'd probably check turn to make it look as though your £2 bet on the flop was just a little pot-building exercise for if you hit your flush with a fourth club, then see what their move is.
  • edited June 2010

Yeh this is a terribly constructed thread to be honest, only posted the hand in response to OmO's post,

Noted it last night when I was on chrome, and thought it wud be good to post, but looking bak, I dnt think it was.

Anyway I learn abit on the villain after the hand, but prior to this hand, didnt know anything about him.

As it played out, I just flat called the turn raise.

The river was a club, I checked, and he put it all in - so easy fold

I really didn't know what to do on the turn, im compicating things listening to people talk about getting value from bluffs, but u gotta balance that with getting value for hands, and also protecting them, and it leaves me abit clueless to be honest.

Just gonna go bak to keeping it simple.

Ive been playing so nitty lately, no buzz or spark to my play - resulting in small, steady profit. Im just gonna stop playing these sort of hands full stop.

Cheerz for the reply RT - my next hand will be a better effort.
  • edited June 2010
    Personally I'd just stick him in on turn, it's not like he covers you.
  • edited June 2010
    its rarely profitable to play these kinda hands oop so i probably wouldnt call pre but....

as played i like the lead out on the flop....turn is actually a pretty good card for you as it hits villains range of 2p/fd&sd combos so all hands like AcQx/AcJx/Ac/Kx will go crazy here and you will still be getting raised by ATxx and obv AcTx....basically there are enough hands you beat that mean you should be jamming to a. protect against AcXx hands and b. get max value from straights/2p hands

you prob saved money in this hand as he wont fold after the raise and the 4th club clearly makes him his hand if he wasnt there already but in the long term i think jamming this turn is best as flatting you unlikely to get much more on the river as his 2p and combo hands will check behind the river if u choose not to bet for fear of a better flush
  • edited June 2010
    My default is to never fold a flopped flush, on and unpaired board, where there is still only 3 of the suit.  Without some good info on opponent he can take this lines with too many hands we are beating.  For instance, if he sees your bet out is weak, he could have floated to rep here etc.  Without a concrete plan, checkin the turn is only making things harder for yourself.

Was it 72? I bet he had 72.
  • edited June 2010
    lead out for more on flop if your opponents are passive, check/raise if they are overaggro  stack off on turn
  • edited June 2010
    Dohhhhhhh i dont play cash mate but fwiw i agree exactly with what lynx3ffect has said.
  • edited June 2010
    Fist pump shove turn.
  • edited June 2010
    Bet bigger on the flop, raise your index finger of your left hand high into the sky when you get minraised on the turn, at the precise moment you click arrrr eeeeeen with your right index pinky make sure that your left hand is dropping into a vigorous single fist pump then put it back in it's holster :p
  • edited June 2010
    JJ - I think that Beaneh has written it spot on here m8