You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

when to move limits...

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
currently doing a bankroll challenge, started at £13.80 playing nl4 and the occasional MTT. currently on £40.32. so thats 20x50bb buyins. current ROI = 192% since 1st june.

Should I move up to 8nl when I have;

1. 5x50bb = £20

2. 10x50bb = £40

3. 5x100bb = £40

4. 10x100bb = £80

5. other?...(please state)

I think i should go for 4 but i dont want to drag out playing nl4 when i should start having a go at nl8.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    OTHER - Money won can be short term so don't judge your level by that. To move level you need to be honest with yourself and see if you are crushing the level you are at. If you can't beat 4nl then you can't beat 8nl and so on.

For the purpose of a bankroll challange you may want to take risks in order to get quicker returns during the timescale of the challange. However if your trying to keep your roll and just keep building then you need to stick to no more than 5% and move only when crushing
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: when to move limits...:
    OTHER - Money won can be short term so don't judge your level by that. To move level you need to be honest with yourself and see if you are crushing the level you are at. If you can't beat 4nl then you can't beat 8nl and so on. For the purpose of a bankroll challange you may want to take risks in order to get quicker returns during the timescale of the challange. However if your trying to keep your roll and just keep building then you need to stick to no more than 5% and move only when crushing
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    +1,
    but would add, I didn't move up because i crushed the lower level. I moved up because i found it easier at to play at 10/20 rather than 2/4, simply due to better quality of the players, regardless of my BR. This results in a more enjoyable game and therefore more revenue.

But the 5% rule should always be major consideration.

Paul