You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suddenly im proud of myself.

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
I know i banned myself from the tables. But after my new xbox game arrived i listened to a few thing Chris Ferguson said before a heads up match against Tilly which i won, i decided, thats helped the confidence lets go sit on a NL4 table. I sat down 100% bankroll of £3.47 not exactly my smartest ever move but i wanted to be safe not to be to short stacked on the table.

First hand i flop a straight with the checked 96. Was up a pound already, went up a few more, but what im most proud of is when it started to go back down, even though i gained the £2 in 20 minutes, i quit straight away, something i have never been good at.

So for all i only played 20 mins ive increased my bankroll from £3.47 to £5.82, not a massive profit, but i now have that little extra faith in cash tables.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Well done Don.

More importantly it sound like you enjoyed yourself ;o)
  • edited June 2010

Well proud is better than ashamed!! - Althought I do feel you use the emotions abit too easily....funny tho.

Are you playing anymore cash today? - If so what time?
  • edited June 2010
    I have to go and see my careers advisor at 4PM and i have the live tournament im tournament director for starting at 8 so need to be there for 7. So wont be on till after that. I may have a little game tonight, although will still be on the NL4 tables, in the process of re-building a BR from scratch.

My emotions maybe are used to much, but its not so much at my emotions with the game, a little more of what i feel ive achieved. When i was ashamed, id acted completely wrong and i was disappointed in the wayi acted. What im most proud of here is i decided when to quit and quit while i was ahead something ive struggled to do.

The thing i was most proud of is i found the weakest player on the table, he called nearly everything with nothing, and i seemed to be able to isolate him out in a pot to myself almost everytime i had the hand, except for the split pot i hd with him i managed to get another player in and that way i still managed a profit for the hand.