You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can anybody understand the reason for this

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
villian1Small blind  150.00 150.00 10555.00
rainbow_x_ Big blind  300.00 450.00 6180.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

villian2Raise  600.00 1050.00 2375.00
sim75 Raise  1500.00 2550.00 2550.00
pas40 Fold     
ExTwicer Fold     
villian1All-in  10555.00 13105.00 0.00
rainbow_x_ Fold     
villian 2All-in  2375.00 15480.00 0.00
sim75 All-in  2550.00 18030.00 0.00
villian 1Unmatched bet  6655.00 11375.00 6655.00
villian 1Show

villian2Show
  • K

sim75 Show
  • Q
  • Q

Flop

• K

Turn

River

• A

villianWin Two Pairs, 9s and 6s 11375.00  18030.00

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Suited - the most powerful starting hand in Hold 'Em ;-)
  • edited June 2010
    this just seemed really weird to me and every one else on the table it was a open sat so not a bounty hunter i just cant seem to reason why people do this and get lucky
  • edited June 2010
    9 6 sooted could be her/his fave hand?
  • edited June 2010
    The short answer is NO, but I'm sure you were looking for a more considered and well thought out response, so I will take it upon myself to give you an unbiased and extensively researched longer answer, which is YES
  • edited June 2010

Because quiet simply THEY CAN and DO.Must admit though baffles the hell out of me why they do.dav

• edited June 2010
    Blame the Hotto Meter - Both of your oppos hands would say hot pre-flop. Failing that I really have no explaination as this has happened to me on a number of occasions.

But if they keep hitting they are gonna keep shoving.
  • edited June 2010
    I thought everyone knew you cant beat a good 69! :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: can anybody understand the reason for this:
    I thought everyone knew you cant beat a good 69! :)
    Posted by Donut64
    Lol - Perhaps thats where i'm going wrong, its been a while since I had 69.
  • edited June 2010

did they want you off the hand so that one of them would win?
  • edited June 2010
    Bog standard squeeze play by Villain 1.  We don't know if you or the other villain having been taking a few liberties or not but if his read is he can get you both to put your hands down it's fine.  Plus he's got the stack to try and take these chances and shots at people.  Villain 2 decides to call for value.  Frankly after your three bet is shoved on in two spots I don't know why you don't fold.  You'll still be a short stack but you can find what should be a much better spot.  When we see the cards on their backs you've got to thank your lucky stars you're in such a good position.

With your stack as it was I would more than likely be shoving all in after the first raise.
  • edited June 2010
    Bog standard squeeze play by Villain 1.  We don't know if you or the other villain having been taking a few liberties or not but if his read is he can get you both to put your hands down it's fine.  Plus he's got the stack to try and take these chances and shots at people.  Villain 2 decides to call for value.  Frankly after your three bet is shoved on in two spots I don't know why you don't fold.  You'll still be a short stack but you can find what should be a much better spot.  When we see the cards on their backs you've got to thank your lucky stars you're in such a good position. With your stack as it was I would more than likely be shoving all in after the first raise.
    Posted by TommyD
    +1

i was gonna compose something similar but youve done it already tom!
  • edited June 2010
    Bog standard squeeze play by Villain 1.  We don't know if you or the other villain having been taking a few liberties or not but if his read is he can get you both to put your hands down it's fine.  Plus he's got the stack to try and take these chances and shots at people.  Villain 2 decides to call for value.  Frankly after your three bet is shoved on in two spots I don't know why you don't fold.  You'll still be a short stack but you can find what should be a much better spot.  When we see the cards on their backs you've got to thank your lucky stars you're in such a good position. With your stack as it was I would more than likely be shoving all in after the first raise.
    Posted by TommyD
    Agreed. That would have been my serious answer but I opted for the daft answer (for a change....)

• edited June 2010
    Posted by TommyD
    +1 Well said Tommy, I would have added but I think you have summed it all there m8 :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: can anybody understand the reason for this : Agreed. That would have been my serious answer but I opted for the daft answer (for a change....)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    lol Bonk.  It's during term time so I'm contractually obliged to not be daft.