You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Once more into the PTP breach dear friends...

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
YEP!!

Those of you that reaped the benefits of my Omaha experience (Or lack thereof)  this past evening will be overcome with delight and gratitude that I am once more firmly strapped into the PTP Cockpit and readying the launch sequence for a 7pm take off!!

I shall keep you informed of the lower level cash tables I will frequent as well as playing the 8pm Open... 

I will them be switching to my own account for some S&Gs, DYMs and a fair amount of railing from the sidelines whilst you all ask where my chips are.. *sigh*

You know you want to.

Oh also as I was busy packing my flat up for the big move.. (for 'packing' see 'standing on my snowboard and considering if it would be a good idea to ride it down the stairs') I found all my old Photos and in particular some from a holiday with my Grandparents in Tenerife.. I must have been about 4years old and I was sat next to an actual real live fully dressed chimpanzee and seemed to be having a chat with it.. 

So it got me thinking about those old nostalgic holidays to Spain, West Wittering or even Mygate (which is where we went most years.. Mygate being at the bottom of mygarden). 

I believe we even managed to have the best holiday ever in a teeeeny caravan in the next door neighbour's garden one summer!!

Feel free to share your fave nostalgic summer stories.. I'm in a lazy hazy summer mood! Though sadly the weather is not obliging :(

On the other hand.. It's a perfect day for Poker!!

x

Comments

• edited June 2010
    i remember fondly the summer hols to wales where we would join up with all the aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents for two weeks of fun, frolics and fights!!
    the days out to the local beach were always great. the kids would run around having fun while the adults would sit in their deckchairs, slather on the suntan oil and cook like chicken in an oven!!
    then there would be the crunchy cheese salad and sand sandwiches and lukewarm ribena, followed, supposedly by a time of rest (read more fun for the kids and more cooking for the adults).
    if we lucky we would get to spend some time on the funfair, then the best part of the day...fish and chips!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Once more into the PTP breach dear friends...:
    i remember fondly the summer hols to wales where we would join up with all the aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents for two weeks of fun, frolics and fights!! the days out to the local beach were always great. the kids would run around having fun while the adults would sit in their deckchairs, slather on the suntan oil and cook like chicken in an oven!! then there would be the crunchy cheese salad and sand sandwiches and lukewarm ribena, followed, supposedly by a time of rest (read more fun for the kids and more cooking for the adults). if we lucky we would get to spend some time on the funfair, then the best part of the day...fish and chips!!
    Posted by lozgo

OMG Fish n Chips!!! This reminds me of being 15years old and going with my girlfriends to Southsea funfair to hang out and we'd always get chips and onion rings (No wonder nobody wanted to kiss us!) in one of those little newspaper printed cones!

Mmmmmmmm!!
  • edited June 2010
    I'll also be playing in this: 

£500 W/Cup SpecialHoldemNL£5.50215 Jun 22:00
    The top 6 players win a seat into the special World Cup Quarter Final tournament on the 4th July at 10pm as well as a share of the prize money!!

WOOOHOOO. Bring on the crazy multi table donking!!

;)
  • edited June 2010

In 1969 we had a scorcher. Me and two workmates all decided to drive down to Torquay for a weeks hols. On the second day we all went sunbathing on the beach and swam out to a rock to get the most of the Sun. About an hour later my mates decided to go and get a drink but decided that as I was sleeping so soundly they wouldn't wake me. About 4 hours later I awoke with my mates sitting waving from the beach. I felt so ill that I only just managed to swim back to shore. I was a swimming instructor at the time and the 200 yards back to shore felt like I'd swum the Channel. It soon became apparent that I was suffering from sunstroke.

My mates (picture those guys on the Carling adverts ...... one for all etc.) weighed up the situation very quickly .......... and put me on a train back to Manchester. I was bedridden for a week and when I finally managed to surface I had a postcard from my ''mates'' telling me what a great time they were having in Torquay.

• edited June 2010
    My family went to Cornwall every summer for about six or seven years when I was between 6 & 12.  As only Fathers can insist upon, we had to 'make time' which actually meant leaving at three in the morning.  Now my old man loved his 70's Prog and Alt rock as well.  Do you know how freaky it is to be approaching Ye Olde Stonehedge at dawn with 'Fire' by the Crazy World of Arthur Brown booming out of the stereo?  I thankful of not being completely deranged.
  • edited June 2010
    When I were a lad we used to holiday in Devon and stay in a farmhouse. There was a girl there (Elsa) who I really fancied and I tried to get a photo of her with one of her horses. I got it just as it stuck out it's giant tongue....... I must ask my mum if she still has it then I'll scan & post up lol.

Since I became an adult with my own company I have forgotten what 'holiday' even means. I had to Google it before I could reply here..........

:-(
  • edited June 2010
    When I were a lad we used to holiday in Devon and stay in a farmhouse. There was a girl there (Elsa) who I really fancied and I tried to get a photo of her with one of her horses. I got it just as it stuck out it's giant tongue....... I must ask my mum if she still has it then I'll scan & post up lol. Since I became an adult with my own company I have forgotten what 'holiday' even means. I had to Google it before I could reply here.......... :-(
    Posted by NoseyBonk

LOL PLEASE find that picture Elliot!!! 

These are great guys!!
  • edited June 2010

I remember one balmy summers day in Great Yarmouth....

My aunt and uncle took my sister, myself and her friend along with my cousin to stay in a caravan for a long weekend. First day there we hired one of those four seater bike things with a roof and thought it would be a good idea to bomb it round the campsite as quickly as possible.

We were all having great fun till we took a corner too quickly and managed to tip it over... tears followed, not because we were hurt.. my sister realised she had broken her newly purchased casio watch. Ah the memories
  • edited June 2010
    I remember one balmy summers day in Great Yarmouth.... My aunt and uncle took my sister, myself and her friend along with my cousin to stay in a caravan for a long weekend. First day there we hired one of those four seater bike things with a roof and thought it would be a good idea to bomb it round the campsite as quickly as possible. We were all having great fun till we took a corner too quickly and managed to tip it over... tears followed, not because we were hurt.. my sister realised she had broken her newly purchased casio watch. Ah the memories
    Posted by cookie83
    A French car? Yep, they're all pretty weedy & pathetic....

• edited June 2010
    I used to have giant Casio watch on my wall... MASSIVE it was.. 

Anyway.. Bignor 5/10p cash anyone?
  • edited June 2010
    Best watches I ever had were a turtles one and a talking one... :-)
  • edited June 2010
    I used to have giant Casio watch on my wall... MASSIVE it was..  Anyway.. Bignor 5/10p cash anyone?
    Posted by Lisa_Long
    You sure that was a wise table selection after last nights revelation?
  • edited June 2010
    8th in WC special after getting shortstacked for EVER and being down to 3 BB and having to shove with 39os :(

Paid 5+5rebuy+5 adon (and rakes Obv) made £31 ish.. I'M in PROFIT!!

Massive thanks to Everyone on the rail!! Table closed before I got a chance to say anything!!
  • edited June 2010
    Well the table would close as you throw your laptop across the room in a big huff. ;-)

Very well played tonight LM, nicely done. 

Now I wonder who beginning with T and endning D is going to take the World Cup Special?
  • edited June 2010
    Well the table would close as you throw your laptop across the room in a big huff. ;-) Very well played tonight LM, nicely done.  Now I wonder who beginning with T and endning D is going to take the World Cup Special?
    Posted by Machka
    Well it was a rebuy so probably everyone else on the FT made a bigger profit ;)
  • edited June 2010
    8th in WC special after getting shortstacked for EVER and being down to 3 BB and having to shove with 39os :( Paid 5+5rebuy+5 adon (and rakes Obv) made £31 ish.. I'M in PROFIT!! Massive thanks to Everyone on the rail!! Table closed before I got a chance to say anything!!
    Posted by Lisa_Long
    Very well played Lisa xxxx
  • edited June 2010

WTG Tommy! Many congratulations on your win. hunni

and very well played to all on the final table it was a close run battle and very well done  to everyone who cashed xxxx
  • edited June 2010

Now I wonder who beginning with T and endning D is going to take the World Cup Special?

''TIKAYANDORFORD....''.

Nice cash LML....and yet another good result Tommy!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Once more into the PTP breach dear friends... : Well it was a rebuy so probably everyone else on the FT made a bigger profit ;)
    Posted by TommyD
    LOL Yes yes!! And VWD to you Sir!!! xxx