You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Something New, Something different.... for me anyway

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Well as of today I officially have a bank roll of ZERO.

I shall be depositing 50 Buy Ins to a cash level that I have dabbled in and for the next month ( with the exception of the Primo )  I shall be doing nothing but playing cash.

I have decided that the sng's are not really my thing.  I do ok but too many silly things happen on those tables, that are beginning to annoy me and I play poker to have have fun.... not to be abused by players who have no respect for the game or their opponents.  No names but enough is enough.

So for now until the 15th of July, two days before I go on Holiday, I shall be focussed completely on the cash tables.  Don't have a clue how I will do...  But, as the title says, it's "something new and different" for me to try.

See you on the tables 

P.S. I'll post on the 15th to let you know how I've done 

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Best of luck Jock. Im currently making the trasition from MTT to cash tables aswell so i know how you feel. I ompletly agree with you on the S&G front. I see people calling all ins with any two just to spike the opponent out which i think is bery disrespectful to the game and players within the game.

Best of luck mate and i look forward to hearing about how you get on.
  • edited June 2010
    Hey Jock, good luck with your personal quest at the cash tables!

Why don't you post this on the Orford June BR challenge thread as I'm sure many people would find your progress interesting to follow?
  • edited June 2010
    im doing my own june br challange on here and on another site, playin hu £20 on both, as it stands i got £11 on  1 and £180 on the other. 8 wins on the bounce sure helped. ozzie do you fancy a rematch!!!
  • edited June 2010

What leve HU Pod? and what structure?
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    Gl Jock, hope it works out.
  • edited June 2010
    playing $20 hu at mo dohhhh, had a good few days, then i had a shark come take abite outta my bottom today, went to play him a 2nd time but thought i would check his stats out before, glad i did. to say he dropped down a few levels was an unstatement. but still had 13 outta 15 wins so ticking along nicely
  • edited June 2010
    GL mate, having played live with you at SPT and therefore knowing what a thoroughly nice chap you are I find it a shame people are so immature not to show any respect at the SNG tables.

Every success in the cash venture!

Dave
  • edited June 2010
    GL Jockster!! Looking forward to hearing how it goes! x
  • edited June 2010
    ps 5 min blinds dohhhh

• edited June 2010

Kool I had a few weeks doing this Pod, but aside from my normal play on here - it was a kind of after-through, and I never really gave it 100%

I just played for maybe half an hour at the start and end of the session, Id really like to give it a proper go as u are.

Let me know how it goes, 5 mins blinds is about perfect for me, 10 mins is too long, and anything else is far too fast for a skill edge to come through.

Good Luck
  • edited June 2010
    thanks mate, thinking of investing in sharksscope (on the other site it works) got hit by a player in one match and dont need to be playin against players like that!!!  surly it makes sense to invest  a bit of cash and not run into these types of players and look through the other games to find easier pickings. remember irish saying when he went on his run in omaha he was looking for players with a skill factor of less than 60.
  • edited June 2010

On the site I was on, I barely had time to register nevermind SSkope them before I decided to register....

But If you are serious then it's gotta help. Also - if you'r paying for S.S, its gonna giv u a kik up the backside to play more and get ya moneys worth - anything that helps you take it more seriously.

Personally I would play anyone once or twice, and If I'm getting crushed, look elsewhere - but they're only human, and get 2 cards same as you.

I might start it tomorrow really up for taking it on properly.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Something New, Something different.... for me anyway:
    On the site I was on, I barely had time to register nevermind SSkope them before I decided to register.... But If you are serious then it's gotta help. Also - if you'r paying for S.S, its gonna giv u a kik up the backside to play more and get ya moneys worth - anything that helps you take it more seriously. Personally I would play anyone once or twice, and If I'm getting crushed, look elsewhere - but they're only human, and get 2 cards same as you. I might start it tomorrow really up for taking it on properly.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hey Mr John Joe How's your Teamwebby thingy going?!
  • edited June 2010

Lisa Marie,

My mother doesn't read this forum, so John or JJ is finnneeeeeeeeee :)

Ahhhh webby, theres a name from the past! Bring him back !!

As for my team-webby thingy......I have noooooo idea what you mean!

:)