You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Too many re-buys sky sort it out

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
If you follow the forums you will see a theme starting to form.Not everyone likes rebuys and why are there so many now in such a short time?(rhetorical i already know why).I know a few on here seem to support everything sky poker does (or appear to own shares in sky poker lol) but it would appear scanning the forums that many people are not happy with the choice of games now and this needs to be addressed.There is no reason to have rebuys on all speed games in the evening bar the 120 speed at 1035 it does give an unfair advantage to those with larger bank rolls and will in time discourage the people with smaller bank rolls from playing.Don't harp on about plenty of freezeouts there are plenty of 11 pound bounty hunters but the speeds and scary's have been decimated.Make them 50/50 to give people a choice or people will take the obvious choice and go elsewhere.I'm sure the big BR people will continue to swap money each month but without new players joining or in this case staying thats all you will end up doing.The players learning and the players joining are where your BR comes from in the first place so switch on people give the minos a chance to play and learn cheaply and without bankrupting them.Short term gain for the people who can afford to rebuy indefinitely in a 3 quid game will not last long.Players tonight in the 1950 was 41 under half normal.I know world cup responsible for low figures but not this low.Make the 1950 a rebuy and the 2050 not then compare the figures and people would have a choice.Hopefully then far more people across the board would be happy and people might not be (annoyed would be the word).
Not as sugguested last time just my opinion but a growing opinion.
play well,win sometimes,dont price the small players out of the game.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    +1 mate,well put
  • edited June 2010
    here, here. yes sky poker is a business and yes it needs to make money, but re buys aint the way to do it!!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Too many re-buys sky sort it out:
    here, here. yes sky poker is a business and yes it needs to make money, but re buys aint the way to do it!!!
    Posted by pod1
    well they pretty much are!
  • edited June 2010

+1 and the 1 min roulette rebuy is a farce!! blinds at 600/1200 rebuy for 500 chips lol

Dave

• edited June 2010
    I don't mind playing in rebuys, but I have to agree that knocking out our favourite freezouts isn't the way to do it. The 9pm GTD is a big loss in my opinion, mainly because I can't always make it back in time for the 8pm.

Here's a question for the powers that be. How comes we get charged a registration fee for our rebuys and add-ons? Doesn't seem to happen elsewhere (least not on the big two sites I also pass by). I think for those on a low BR, it is all a little unfair. Add to this that rebuys here tend to be shorter structured affairs it's encouraging us to pump a bit more in to get less out.

Yes I understand it's about making money. But play fair with your players. And play fair for yourselves. When the 9pm only makes £660 it's less fun for us because the prizepool is lower. And this equates to 132 buyins. When it was a £900 GTD, as far as I could remember recently, you'd get 180 - 200 runners. So in that that's 50 less runners, and £25 less for Sky. We all lose.

By all means keep the rebuys. I have, and will play in them. I'll play in them more if you stop charging fees for the rebuys like others do. But keep the tourneys that work and add the rebuys to the schedule. Please?
  • edited June 2010
    I don't mind playing in rebuys, but I have to agree that knocking out our favourite freezouts isn't the way to do it. The 9pm GTD is a big loss in my opinion, mainly because I can't always make it back in time for the 8pm. Here's a question for the powers that be. How comes we get charged a registration fee for our rebuys and add-ons? Doesn't seem to happen elsewhere (least not on the big two sites I also pass by). I think for those on a low BR, it is all a little unfair. Add to this that rebuys here tend to be shorter structured affairs it's encouraging us to pump a bit more in to get less out. Yes I understand it's about making money. But play fair with your players. And play fair for yourselves. When the 9pm only makes £660 it's less fun for us because the prizepool is lower. And this equates to 132 buyins. When it was a £900 GTD, as far as I could remember recently, you'd get 180 - 200 runners. So in that that's 50 less runners, and £25 less for Sky. We all lose. By all means keep the rebuys. I have, and will play in them. I'll play in them more if you stop charging fees for the rebuys like others do. But keep the tourneys that work and add the rebuys to the schedule. Please?
    Posted by IRONZ
    +1 to Ironz.  I would like it explained why the rebuy/add ons have a reg fee attached.  We essentially pay our fee for playing in a game at the start, buying a rebuy is not like buying into a new tournament.  But I understand that it's up to us if we play or rebuy.
  • edited June 2010
     i liked the 9pm gtd freeze out dont like the rebuys takes away the good ply makes people just gamble with any pair or A rags skill is taken out of the game.and as 4 the fee point out here i have never payed on rebuys other sites  .pls bring back the £900 gtd freezout ty
    I don't mind playing in rebuys, but I have to agree that knocking out our favourite freezouts isn't the way to do it. The 9pm GTD is a big loss in my opinion, mainly because I can't always make it back in time for the 8pm. Here's a question for the powers that be. How comes we get charged a registration fee for our rebuys and add-ons? Doesn't seem to happen elsewhere (least not on the big two sites I also pass by). I think for those on a low BR, it is all a little unfair. Add to this that rebuys here tend to be shorter structured affairs it's encouraging us to pump a bit more in to get less out. Yes I understand it's about making money. But play fair with your players. And play fair for yourselves. When the 9pm only makes £660 it's less fun for us because the prizepool is lower. And this equates to 132 buyins. When it was a £900 GTD, as far as I could remember recently, you'd get 180 - 200 runners. So in that that's 50 less runners, and £25 less for Sky. We all lose. By all means keep the rebuys. I have, and will play in them. I'll play in them more if you stop charging fees for the rebuys like others do. But keep the tourneys that work and add the rebuys to the schedule. Please?
    Posted by IRONZ
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Too many re-buys sky sort it out : +1 to Ironz.  I would like it explained why the rebuy/add ons have a reg fee attached.  We essentially pay our fee for playing in a game at the start, buying a rebuy is not like buying into a new tournament.  But I understand that it's up to us if we play or rebuy.
    Posted by TommyD
    +1 seems very greedy of sky !
  • edited June 2010
    Its floppin fine for you lot, I'm not even allowed to tell you what I think of this whole flopwit situation!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Not one suity type has been on the forum this week---mmmm-- wonderings of whyness
  • edited June 2010
    Freezeouts only for me, I don't like the re-buys at all. I went in a £5 re-buy tourney by mistake a few days ago, missed the letter R in the lobby. Top 3 got paid, I took a nasty beat and got KO'd in 4th, 3rd prize was £14 and my opponents seemed weak, so I rebought, got my chips all-in well ahead again, but got outdrawn for the second time. I decided to cut my losses there and leave the final 3 to it, I could see myself ending up re-buying several times and making a loss even with a cash finish.

I'll enter the freeroll re-buy donkaments, but I won't be rebuying under any circumstances. I see a £1000 'freeroll' has been set up for Sunday, lets see if they manage to fund the whole £1000 with the £1 re-buys like they have in most of the other freerolls. Sky get no rake for these freerolls, but so many people re-buy it doesn't cost them anything either.
  • edited June 2010
    I bet ya a fiver they make a profit from sundays freeroll--- mind you, only sky will know how many rebuys are made, it wont affect the prize pool, so we will never know
  • edited June 2010
    I bet ya a fiver they make a profit from sundays freeroll--- mind you, only sky will know how many rebuys are made, it wont affect the prize pool, so we will never know
    Posted by oynutter
    I'll take the £5 bet, the winnings go to Charity.

Can you please explain why "only Sky" will know how many Rebuys are made, & why these Rebuys will not affect the Prize Pool?
  • edited June 2010
    we'll have to see what transpires
  • edited June 2010
    Actually Tikay has a point, the lobby shows a running total how of many re-buys and add-ons there are. Sky can't make anything from the £1K freeroll, all the re-buys and add-ons go in the prize pool with no rake deducted. If they add up to less than £1K Sky would have to make it up to the guarantee, though saying that all the recent re-buy freerolls have been funded by the players, mainly by a small minority who seem to like re-buying multiple times, even when the re-buy only gets them half a big blind to play against others on their table with huge stacks.
  • edited June 2010
    were the rebuys added to the prize pool?
  • edited June 2010

To clarify.

By referring to the Tourney Lobby, we can see that Sunday's "Freeroll Rebuy" has a £1,000 Guaranteed Prize Pool. That is GUARANTEED, irrespective of how many runners there are or how many rebuys they do or do not make.

If there are 500 rebuys, the Prize Pool is STILL Guaranteed at £1,000.

If there are 1,500 Rebuys, the Prize Pool therefore becomes £1,500.

There will not be any rake or fee charged on the Rebuys, & I believe that will be the case for all "Freeroll Rebuys" going forward.
  • edited June 2010
    Not much chance of it failing to make the guarantee, all the freezout freerolls are gone though, so it's a good idea as far as the "current business model" is concerned innit
  • edited June 2010
    2) A re-badged version of the original T-o-T WILL remain, EXACTLY as is, & it WILL be a Freezeout. But instead of the single £5.50 version, there will be, on three different evenings, three versions - one each at £2.20, £5.50, & £11.

The 2.20 one is a rebuy?
  • edited June 2010
    2) A re-badged version of the original T-o-T WILL remain, EXACTLY as is, & it WILL be a Freezeout. But instead of the single £5.50 version, there will be, on three different evenings, three versions - one each at £2.20, £5.50, & £11.  The 2.20 one is a rebuy?
    Posted by oynutter
    No, as I said, the "new" ones, badging for which yet is still to be agreed, are ALL Freezeouts.
  • edited June 2010
    phew, thanks Tikay, I'll wait for those then
  • edited June 2010
    phew, thanks Tikay, I'll wait for those then
    Posted by oynutter
    All being well, they start next week. A few details still need sorting - what days, time, title, etc, but nothing that will cause a problem.

I'll be working very hard "off-Forum" to promote them, too, so I'm hopeful of decent size fields, especially in the £2.20, though clashing with the World Cup won't help.
  • edited June 2010
    The £2.20 T-o-T freezeout will be a brilliant addition to the schedule.

The buy-in fits in very nicely with where my BR management is at the mo.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm sure they will get great support Tikay, good value proper freezouts are starting to get few and far between for the low stakes players, theres 3 hours this afternoon (between 3 and six) where there are no 10 min blinds freezouts at all. A lot of players can't afford more than a fiver from thier bankroll, so they will be waiting for your tourney --- great value and a good field

I know I give you a bit of grief sometimes Tikay, but don't you go thinking that I, and everyone that likes proper well structured poker, do not appreciate the work you put in!--- You are our only hope after all--lol--thanks Tikay
  • edited June 2010
    Can we just have the good popular tournaments back please. 9pm freezeout, 10pm velocity. These should never have been made rebuys.
  • edited June 2010
    i think this thread has plenty of replys, comments or moans for sky 2 give a responce, and on rebuy front they should have halved the buyin 4 the torns they changed imo ie open £5.50 rebuys. make the velocity £3.30 rebuys,dont c any value having 2 pay the same money 4 a torn with less prizemoney than 2 weeks ago...
  • edited June 2010
    To clarify. By referring to the Tourney Lobby, we can see that Sunday's "Freeroll Rebuy" has a £1,000 Guaranteed Prize Pool. That is GUARANTEED, irrespective of how many runners there are or how many rebuys they do or do not make. If there are 500 rebuys, the Prize Pool is STILL Guaranteed at £1,000. If there are 1,500 Rebuys, the Prize Pool therefore becomes £1,500. There will not be any rake or fee charged on the Rebuys, & I believe that will be the case for all "Freeroll Rebuys" going forward.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Glad to hear the freeroll rebuys work like this, and I'm looking forward to Sunday. The T-O-T tourney news is great too, and I'll try to play those when I can.

I'd still like to hear what the suits have to say about losing the likes of the 9pm GTD and 10pm Velocity to re-buy land. And why fees are charged on the rebuys and add-ons in the paid rebuy tournaments ... it's not standard practice as far as I can see.

I'm not saying this to be grumpy, I love the Sky Poker community and just think it's important to have fair value and a good variety of tournaments for everyone.
  • edited June 2010

"Too many rebuys sky, sort it out"

Please see THIS