You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's World cup rebuy special!!

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Well it's OFFICIAL!! I am loving this particular brand of World cup action!!

So much so that after last night's 8th place er.. 'VICTORY' (CONGRATULATIONS Mr TommyD FTW!!!) I have decided to play tonight's 10pm £5.50 Rebuy Special on my account to try again for one of those Quarter final seats on July 10th!! There's also a pretty decent cash prize pool for the top ten this evening too!

What can I say? I JUST love football (for 'Football' see 'Shiny new ipad' amongst other AWESOME prizes)!!.

I managed to get through on just one rebuy and an add on and tonight there's added pressure as any winnings will be my own and any losses will impact directly on my personal BR challenge.. EEEEK!!

I believe that The Bossman (Sir Tikay of Pokerdom) will also be playing and I even heard a rumour that the one and only Mr Ost-Rich of Orfordom will be there too!! 

Seriously, it will be a lot of Good poker fun and some great chatbox banter as always!! 

GET INVOLVED!!!

In fact.. GET IN!!

LMAJOD2000  LML2000  RICHORFORD2000  Small_Dog2000  tikay12000

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Totally of subject Lisa but does Tikay realise hes registered for tonights main event under both of his accounts?
  • edited June 2010
    stupid question really im sure he doesnt realise, or arw sky trying to give him an edge
  • edited June 2010
    never mind saw the toher thread hes seen it
  • edited June 2010
    Blatent multi accounting IMO ;)
  • edited June 2010
    I reckon you would have a better chance of qualifying if you entered the 11am game. Those rebuys are gonna kill ya, especially if you get a bunch of AJ's. Also i cant see many players entering the 11am qualifyer as they do the 10pm one.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's World cup rebuy special!!:
    I reckon you would have a better chance of qualifying if you entered the 11am game. Those rebuys are gonna kill ya, especially if you get a bunch of AJ's. Also i cant see many players entering the 11am qualifyer as they do the 10pm one.
    Posted by loonytoons
    WHAT?!!! INCONCEIVABLE!! AJ is the NUTZ!!

We got over 70 runners last night and top ten places are paid so great value on that alone!! Plus I do like a good rebuy!!

Copied my post from the 'I Hate rebuys' thread:

The rebuy is generally only for the first hour of first three levels. You'll get a lot of players who will raise, reraise and all-in with pretty much any two hoping to hit and make an early double up. If they miss they simply rebuy. It's up to you if you want to be one of these players and get involved in the gamble which can be great if you hit and see you with a massive stack in a fairly short time.. or if you want to take advantage of this and only play your good hands in position which can also see you end up with a massive stack in a fairly short time only without as much risk or expense.

It's also great if you are really enjoying the tourney and get unlucky and can afford to BR a few rebuys because it's a lifeline. The first hour after the rebuy period ends is when the crazy LAGs tighten up so as not to lose their 'investment' in the first few hands and this can also work well for both types of player. If the crazy rebuy guy now has a massive stack he can change gears and make moves when and where necessary and the ABC player can now be aware of the collective change in play from the small/mid stacks and steal chips left right and centre.

The fundamental point here as always is staying within your BR.

So long as you realize that a rebuy game has these two starting stages (rebuy and immediately post rebuy) and play them accordingly you should be fine. It can be a lot of fun and there are some crazy hands in play. Yes it can be a pain when your AA is busted by 92os but it's also wonderful when you double or treble up because they miss.

I'm all for mixing it up! A little something for everyone..

WOOHOOOOOO!!

Unless you're a scaredy cat Loonz ;)

Ps. 11am?!!! That's SLEEEPY time!!
  • edited June 2010
    Ok im in!! no one calls me a scaredy cat!! but one question - why is Tikay entering when he has a 'bye' into the final? and if he comes in the top six, will the seventh place qualify for the quarterfinals?
  • edited June 2010
    Ok im in!! no one calls me a scaredy cat!! but one question - why is Tikay entering when he has a 'bye' into the final? and if he comes in the top six, will the seventh place qualify for the quarterfinals?
    Posted by loonytoons
    WOOOOHOOO!!! Nice One Loonz! I look forward to it!!

More importantly.. if Tikay get's 6th prize in the final will he have to spend a night with himself?!!
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
    Tikay said his name was only in the final because if nobody was registered none of the prizes would show, and they wanted to show oiff what people could win
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Tonight's World cup rebuy special!!:
    What can I say? I JUST love football (for 'Football' see 'Shiny new ipad' amongst other AWESOME prizes)!!.
    Posted by LML
    You do know, absolutely, 100%, that the prize you win will be:

6th  Tikay for a night

Don't you?

I might laugh so much my sides may actually split.
  • edited June 2010
    TommyD won again?

Crikey they should rename the site TommyDpoker.com

I won't be playing this tonight, just my opinion having played it last night, but if someone gets knocked out two or three times, and still ends up beating you, then it can't be right - the rebuy is a concept I just can't get my head around - but good luck anyways!