You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thanks to some people

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Id just like to say thanks to DOHHHH, Lucky7777 and OyNutter for encouraging me and giving me little bits of advice for cash tables.

Im now managing to read my opponents aswell as ever, and im in profit, ok not by much but still im on the way up (only 400% to what i started with), ive taken a little break just now but im playing some really decent poker, almost always getting my money in ahead.

Im back to playing ABC poker, which is far easier than the style i was playing, and also one that i think could benifit me in future tournaments. Ive loosened my game massivley due to some bad beats, and now im winning around 60 - 70% of my hands, and the ones i do win i seem to get paid for and the ones i lose im almost always getting out once i figure out im behind.

So id like to say thanks to all 3 of these players and didnt know how to do it and thought a public about it so new people to the forums can realise how decent people are on the forums and encourage new people to sky poker.

Comments

• edited June 2010

Nice post.....but you do realise that Oynutter will be charging you 15% rake on your winnings?......and Dohhh is only grooming you to take advantage of you when you move up the levels?.......and Lucky is just trying to recruit you for his forum competitions?......

Keep going mate and I shall be joining you next week as I to will be having a full week on low level cash which will be a complete change for me to. My mentor is going to be OZZIE though :)))    Or maybe Richard Orford.....NOT.
  • edited June 2010
    Yea im expecting that, most of them just gave me little tips and hints and DoHHHH gave me the confidence to go give it a try and popped in on a NL4 table while i was playing to see if i was doing ok (i later made a loss on that table due to an idiot calling a 40p pre flop raise with Q3 and hitting his Q. I had JJ)

But that aside its been very enjoyable and different to what im used to. I expect DoHHHH is warming me up the ranks for that very reason however i have confidence in my own play and hopefully could maybe steal a few bob off him :D. Well a dreamer can dream anyways.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Thanks to some people:
    Nice post.....
    +1

Post of the week, well done to The_Don and those who have helped him.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Thanks to some people : +1 Post of the week, well done to The_Don and those who have helped him.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    +2 really pleased for you Don. xxxx Nice one guys xxxx
  • edited June 2010
    thanks guys, been a massive confidence boost. Just wanted to say a thanks to those that helped
  • edited June 2010
    awww ( all blushy )---thanks mate--- glad to see you're doing a good job there-- I've been playing a few deepies and mostly recouping losses on the late cash tables, handy enough once you learn how to not let the loonies tilt ya--lol--- floppa whoppa!!
  • edited June 2010
    awww ( all blushy )---thanks mate--- glad to see you're doing a good job there-- I've been playing a few deepies and mostly recouping losses on the late cash tables, handy enough once you learn how to not let the loonies tilt ya--lol--- floppa whoppa!!
    Posted by oynutter
    Thanks mate, Im up to £16.10 from £3.47 not alot for 2 days, but i'm only doing half an hour to an hour at a time.

I did go on tilt a little yesterday, but i quickly realised, pressed stand and got out before too much damage was done. The words of wisdom you'd gave me at 3 in the morning where still in my head. Kind of felt alot better to get out and just calm down, then go back unlike my usual tournaments where i have to grind out the result while on tilt.
  • edited June 2010
    You mean to say oynutter actually plays poker too? :)

Good on you lot for giving The Don some advice and it's good of him to give them some credit on here, in my opinion. Kinda why I love Sky Poker's community so much...

Of course, if any of you want to do the same for fellow Sky Poker players you can always come over to The Poker Clinic and ask/answer away. Go on, you know you want to.
  • edited June 2010
    Nice post.....but you do realise that Oynutter will be charging you 15% rake on your winnings?......and Dohhh is only grooming you to take advantage of you when you move up the levels?.......and Lucky is just trying to recruit you for his forum competitions?...... Keep going mate and I shall be joining you next week as I to will be having a full week on low level cash which will be a complete change for me to. My mentor is going to be OZZIE though :)))    Or maybe Richard Orford.....NOT.
    Posted by MAXALLY

LOL Alan!!

Very nice post Don.. Glad to hear it's working for you. I'm following the same advice but having trouble with the 'patience' part.. so I get excitable with 89os UTG every now and then. MUST HAVE DISCIPLINE!!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Thanks to some people : LOL Alan!! Very nice post Don.. Glad to hear it's working for you. I'm following the same advice but having trouble with the 'patience' part.. so I get excitable with 89os UTG every now and then. MUST HAVE DISCIPLINE!!!
    Posted by LML
    Yea i have the same problem but im finding its helping me big time now, im very rarley risking a stack at any point now, and i think every desison over fully.

I even managed to have the confidence to go back and have another tournament, £2.30 entry half 9 bounty hunter, finnished second for £6 plus £3 in heads, lost the heads up shoving with A9 first to act and missed and my opponent had 44. Just a lost race no biggy, but i had recovered from 1BB at one point after losing AK to AJ but i felt like i played it well. 

The only thing id say that ive learnt more, engage yourself with the game, and have no distractions (Ive missed so much of the WC because of it) watch every move and then i usually quit once ive done a little bit and im ahead.  
  • edited June 2010
    You mean to say oynutter actually plays poker too? :) Good on you lot for giving The Don some advice and it's good of him to give them some credit on here, in my opinion. Kinda why I love Sky Poker's community so much... Of course, if any of you want to do the same for fellow Sky Poker players you can always come over to The Poker Clinic and ask/answer away. Go on, you know you want to.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Watch it you, I am nice on a strictly part-time basis you know !!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Thanks to some people : Yea i have the same problem but im finding its helping me big time now, im very rarley risking a stack at any point now, and i think every desison over fully. I even managed to have the confidence to go back and have another tournament, £2.30 entry half 9 bounty hunter, finnished second for £6 plus £3 in heads, lost the heads up shoving with A9 first to act and missed and my opponent had 44. Just a lost race no biggy, but i had recovered from 1BB at one point after losing AK to AJ but i felt like i played it well.  The only thing id say that ive learnt more, engage yourself with the game, and have no distractions (Ive missed so much of the WC because of it) watch every move and then i usually quit once ive done a little bit and im ahead.  
    Posted by The_Don90
    Very nice result in the BH Don!!

I'm chuffed to bits that it's working out for and things are most definitely looking up!!!

What great example of what good advice, self discipline and a little confidence can acheive!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Thanks to some people : LOL Alan!! Very nice post Don.. Glad to hear it's working for you. I'm following the same advice but having trouble with the 'patience' part.. so I get excitable with 89os UTG every now and then. MUST HAVE DISCIPLINE!!!
    Posted by LML

Dearest Lisa Marie, patience and discipline will always be your achilles heel I fear. Perhaps there is  one thing that might help, you could find a nice river, and go trout fishing with a worm every single evening untill you catch a 3lb trout. You would be extremely surprised at the results of this endevour, and I think your profits would soar, at least until your present table image is revised by the masses.

Only messin, ya big woolly---lol---- Patience will come, one day, when you least expect it, probably on a tuesday, around tea-time.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Thanks to some people : Dearest Lisa Marie, patience and discipline will always be your achilles heel I fear. Perhaps there is  one thing that might help, you could find a nice river, and go trout fishing with a worm every single evening untill you catch a 3lb trout. You would be extremely surprised at the results of this endevour, and I think your profits would soar, at least until your present table image is revised by the masses.  Only messin, ya big woolly---lol---- Patience will come, one day, when you least expect it, probably on a tuesday, around tea-time.
    Posted by oynutter
    LOL.. I know many a worm I could go fishing with.. But they'd moan all the time. You know how those flopwit Worms can be. Plus they'd be rubbish at the gutting part.

I'm good at trout eating though.. Can I just eat one every day until I put on 3lb?

Would this work? This I could most definitely do.

Eating is what Lisa-Marie's do best.

Or am I hereby sentenced to wait, tapping my fingers every Tuesday, around Tea-time for Patience and discipline to arrive?

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!

Or will they not come now that I am expecting them 

I'm confused..

No.. Wait.. Maybe I'm not..
  • edited June 2010
    Nice one there Don !--- One more snippet of a tip I found is important--- When you are playing well, try to take a mental photograph of your mindset, remember what kind of mood you are in, how happy you feel generally, and how relaxed you are, try to remember your attitude to the game--- That way, if luck goes against you for a while, you will find it easier to ride it out without changing your game in such a way that it becomes harder to get through it without losing too much--- I think a big factor in long term profit, is how you handle downswings---gl mate!!
  • edited June 2010
    Patience is a bit of a catch 22 trout actually, you have to have it before you reap the rewards of having it-- so if you don't have it, you will never realise how much it's worth having it, innit?
  • edited June 2010
    mmmmm stop that you naughty woolly, I love trout. Where I live, we have the best trout fishing in Europe!-- Ten pounders!!-- I prefer one around 2-3 lbs, fried slowly in butter and shallots, with new organic spuds, and fresh mange tout from the garden--mmmmmmmmm, now I have to go fishing tomorrow!!