You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nasty spot with a full house

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
steelba11s Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £11.94
OMahonyO Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.20
  Your hole cards
  • A

ARTOIS819 Fold     
KP660 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £7.52
jhalai Fold     
steelba11s Call  £0.10 £0.60 £11.84
OMahonyO Check     
Flop

• J
  • J

steelba11s Check     
OMahonyO Bet  £0.30 £0.90 £18.90
KP660 Fold     
steelba11s Call  £0.30 £1.20 £11.54
Turn

• J

steelba11s Check     
OMahonyO Check     
River

• A

steelba11s Bet  £1.20 £2.40 £10.34
OMahonyO Raise  £3.20 £5.60 £15.70
steelba11s All-in  £10.34 £15.94 £0.00
All comments welcome, no reads.

I feel like I sometimes get myself into bother by not differentiating between extracting value, and re-opening the betting to put me to tough decisions

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Just call, if he has the J then fair play.
  • edited June 2010

If you raised the river, like u did....

Then folded to the shove.....as u probably didnt.....

Wud that mean u had turned your hand into a bluff?
  • edited June 2010
    I think i just flat the river, i dont really see much point raising.
  • edited June 2010
    calling > raise-calling > raise-folding readless here i think

knowing what he's taking this line with so you know whether or not you can value bet light either raising or betting in later spots is better (if you call and see he bet 55/87 or whatever here) than putting in 50bb then closing your eyes hoping to see half the pot back in your stack.

BLEHHHHHHH
  • edited June 2010
    Put it in and hope he hasn't a J. Take half the pot..
  • edited June 2010
    I did call and of course he showed J8.  I was really tempted to fold here as I really couldnt find any other hand to put him on. An Ace is surely just calling my raise.
    Lol, I think in the end, i searched that hard for a hand to put him on I decided to hope he had pp77 and him being so bad that he didnt realise his flopped boat was now counterfeited.
    Everytime, im coming close to folding, I`m thinking, `how can I put him on quads and fold`, i just couldnt do it.

As blackfish said, in hindsight there wasnt much point in raising surely?, anything I have beat is surely folding?.

To Dohh, I dont think, personally, if I had folded, I would be turning my hand into a bluff, as when I raised I obv thought I had the best hand.  To fold, would just mean, now I dont think I have the best hand.

If I was raising, and turning my hand into a bluff by repping the J....... well I`m never doing that
  • edited June 2010
    you say you struggle knowing the difference between v -betting and getting in a mess well the answer is you have to think what will call you that you beat. in this instance what hands will call your raise? anything lower than the A? no, in which case whats the need to raise as you only split the pot and as you say open yourself to a reshove and an awkward decison...

spots like these where you are most likeyl chopping but some of the time gettin value from a worse fh i like to just call for 2 reasons 1. avoids a difficult decision if there is a 3 bet and 2. we get to see his hand to see what he v-bets on these boards
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Nasty spot with a full house:
    calling /> raise-calling > raise-folding readless

BLEHHHHHHH
    Posted by zing

spot on