You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Reraise or Fold

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hey guys, would be grateful of any comments on what i should be doing or how this should have been played.

Iv'e played this guy some months ago, but not seen him for a while. So i know he's quite a solid player. I had only been on the table for about 30 mins and my first hand i managed to take this guy out. Following a reload and some tooing and froing of small pots the wasnt much else going on.

I put in a min raise pre flop, as there; still three players to act . Hit the set on the flop , so check  hoping for someone else to raise so i can reraise. I get the what i'm looking for and reraise the pot which gets called.

On the turn comes a 7,  I put in bet the size of the pot, to which i get reraised. At this time i've convinced my self he's not hit  the straight but thinking he's either on a pair of jacks or at most 2 pair.

What should i do next ?
layerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
limodave Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £8.62
chakrabat Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £3.08
  Your hole cards

shadow1117 Fold        
wrongjohn1 Fold        
-Typhoon- Raise   £0.16 £0.28 £15.90
Villian Call   £0.16 £0.44 £14.24
limodave Fold        
chakrabat Call   £0.08 £0.52 £3.00
Flop

• J

chakrabat Check        
-Typhoon- Check        
Villian Bet   £0.24 £0.76 £14.00
chakrabat Fold        
-Typhoon- Raise   £0.74 £1.50 £15.16
villan Call   £0.50 £2.00 £13.50
Turn

-Typhoon- Bet   £2.00 £4.00 £13.16
Villian Raise   £6.50 £10.50 £7.00

Comments

• ybyb
    edited June 2010
    Raise bigger preflop.
    Bet the flop.

As played, I stack off on the turn. 56 is a possibility, but even then we have redraws to the fh. Hands like AJ/KJ might play it the same way, and if he's loose he may have hit some sort of weird 2 pair.

If based on your reads you think his range is limited to 2 pair at best then why are you even considering folding?
  • edited June 2010

If you think he's got a pair of Jacks or 2 pair at most then you think you are ahead so you need to get as much money in as possible - reraise.

• edited June 2010
    Reraise more pre.
    C bet flop.
    Just BET BET BET.
    Don't over complicate things by looking for someone else to bet for you so you can raise, do the betting yourself, you will probably get raised anyway and then you can look to get it in.
    As played get it in on the turn.
  • edited June 2010
    Cheers guys appreciate the feed back.

As suggested i could'nt see any other option but reraise all in, which i did.  Deffo think i should have put more in on the flop to try and rep the jack or higher, but i was trying to trap him rather than take the pot down there and then.

Paul

-Typhoon- Bet   £2.00 £4.00 £13.16
    villan Raise   £6.50 £10.50 £7.00
    -Typhoon- All-in   £13.16 £23.66 £0.00
    villan All-in   £7.00 £30.66 £0.00
    -Typhoon- Unmatched bet   £1.66 £29.00 £1.66
    -Typhoon- Show

villan Show

River

• K

villan Win Three 7s £27.60   £27.60
  • edited June 2010
    raise a bit more pre and fire the flop, c/r the flop is very hard to do over time without often having no hand. Set over set sucks nothing you can do.