You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Value - hows my line

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
lee8 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £8.72
ristop Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £12.12
pryce6 Sit out     
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

baronhay27 Fold     
OMahonyO Raise  £0.80 £1.10 £25.34
huni Call  £0.80 £1.90 £19.48
lee8 Call  £0.70 £2.60 £8.02
ristop Fold     
Flop

lee8 Check     
OMahonyO Bet  £1.80 £4.40 £23.54
huni Call  £1.80 £6.20 £17.68
lee8 Call  £1.80 £8.00 £6.22
Turn

• A

lee8 Check     
OMahonyO Check     
huni Check     
River

lee8 Check     
OMahonyO Bet  £3.40 £11.40 £20.14
huni Call  £3.40 £14.80 £14.28
lee8 Fold    
Was a cross between a value bet and blocker bet, I wanted value from tx hands but only wanted to pay that price for ax hands , if that makes any sense..........does it?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I think i like it, lee8 checks river so i think you can assume you have him beat, huni checks back turn in position where i think an ace would bet that turn after 2 checks, so i think you can also assume you have them beat. so i like the size of the bet to get a ten to call.
  • edited June 2010
    i'm probably checking behind on the basis of "what if either of my 2 opponents re-raise or shove?
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    im betting 2.20/2.4 on flop to fold out and 8 or worse PP and any AJ/AQ kinda hands, check on turn is fine for some pot control, altho you could bet again if ur IP and then check behind river or do as you did if u end up oop and blocker bet ...if you bet strong on flop you can rule out being floated by an A as its super unlikely in a multiway pot after a good c-bet so all you lose to is A7, AT which wil raise on turn so after a flat on turn you can be confident ur ahead

but generally i like how u played it, better than ur usual spew eh :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Value - hows my line:
    im betting 2.20/2.4 on flop to fold out and 8 or worse PP and any AJ/AQ kinda hands, check on turn is fine for some pot control, altho you could bet again if ur IP and then check behind river or do as you did if u end up oop and blocker bet ...if you bet strong on flop you can rule out being floated by an A as its super unlikely in a multiway pot after a good c-bet so all you lose to is A7, AT which wil raise on turn so after a flat on turn you can be confident ur ahead but generally i like how u played it, better than ur usual spew eh :)
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    you want worse hands to fold??
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Value - hows my line:
    In Response to Re: Value - hows my line : you want worse hands to fold??
    Posted by BlackFish3
    hmm fair point i think what i was trying to say was i dont really wanna take 2 players to the turn so wanna keep the real hand in i.e a T, 99, 89 somethin like that, dont want some chump callin with bp as well
  • ybyb
    edited June 2010
    In Response to  Re: Value - hows my line : hmm fair point i think what i was trying to say was i dont really wanna take 2 players to the turn so wanna keep the real hand in i.e a T, 99, 89 somethin like that, dont want some chump callin with bp as well
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    I'd be very happy if i was getting called by bottom pair all the time :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Value - hows my line : I'd be very happy if i was getting called by bottom pair all the time :)
    Posted by yb

haha yeh i give up

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Value - hows my line : I'd be very happy if i was getting called by bottom pair all the time :)
    Posted by yb
    I'd get crushed if this was the case!!! lol