You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's with the name?

edited June 2010 in The Shed
ok...I have been asked about my silly name and this is my reply below:

My alias on other poker sites was BuddyBanana but I chose BananaDog for this one but same thing really.
My Golden Retriever is called Buddy and when he was a puppy he started having seizures (he's grown out of them now) but at the time I heard just before a seizure their blood sugar drops and they get shakey, so at the first sign of him being more wierd than normal I used to feed him loads of bananas and honey to raise his blood sugar quick!
Anyhoo.....he became addicted to bananas hense the name 'Banana Dog / Buddy Banana' - he now also responds to the name Banana but I get funny looks if I stand in the middle of the field screaming "WHERE ARE YOU BANANA!!!!"

...so boys and girls "WHAT'S WITH THE NAME?" tell us the stories behind your usernames :o)
ps...NoseyBonk, I'm eargely waiting for your explanation since you bought this subject up!!! lol

Comments

• edited June 2010

I wanted something really daft so I chose the name of the somewhat creepy (nowadays) character from 80's children's TV show 'Jigsaw'. I used to love that show but as a child I never realised just how creepy it was lol - a clip

• edited June 2010

Haha great link Noseybonk - I love big nose gags - has anyone on here got a big nose??

I named myself after the great Tom 'Durrrrrrrrrr' Dwan :)

John 'DOHHHHHHH' Joe - I will be better than him 1 day tho (been saying that for alot of days now!!!)

Dam drunken spews! grrr

Great thread, I cant wait to hear dylans explanation!!!
  • edited June 2010
    It's my hairstyle.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: What's with the name?:
    I wanted something really daft so I chose the name of the somewhat creepy (nowadays) character from 80's children's TV show 'Jigsaw'. I used to love that show but as a child I never realised just how creepy it was lol - a clip
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    omg that has to be the scariest thing I have ever seen!!!!!
    I'm gonna have nightmares tonight! Thanks for that!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: What's with the name? : omg that has to be the scariest thing I have ever seen!!!!! I'm gonna have nightmares tonight! Thanks for that!!!!
    Posted by BananaDog
    LOL ... and that was children's entertainment back then!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: What's with the name? : LOL ... and that was children's entertainment back then!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    It looks horific! I grew up with Rainbow, Smoo, ScoobyDoo, Count Duckula and Dangermouse!
    Oh I miss Dangermouse :(
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: What's with the name? : It looks horific! I grew up with Rainbow, Smoo, ScoobyDoo, Count Duckula and Dangermouse! Oh I miss Dangermouse :(
    Posted by BananaDog
    How could you miss batfink out?
  • edited June 2010
    Mine is simply down to being a big fan of Kevin Smith's films, in particular the Jay & silent Bob ones. I suppose I should have really chosen Jay as my name is Jason but silent Bob is a bit more like me (in almost every way except he's got facial hair!)

• edited June 2010
    as my name is Laurie it sometimes gets shortened to Loz.
    when i was with my ex all i would normally hear is...
    Loz go....get this!!
    Loz go...get that!!
    Loz go...away!!
    so i thought that as i've heard it so often (no longer though. hehe). i would combine the two. therefore Lozgo!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: What's with the name? : How could you miss batfink out?
    Posted by 35suited
    omg of course!..."I'll blast you with my super sonic sonar radar!" hehehehe
  • edited June 2010
    My alias was a nickname given to me by the lads i worked with years ago when i used to be a guinea pig for a drug trials company in Leeds. They even made me a number plate for my office door!

The 64 is just my year of birth.