You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Eureka - Rebuys Solution

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

I have an idea to resolve the whole rebuy issue... skypoker, why don't you set up two parallel tournaments each offering the same guarantee, say £500, at 9pm on Sunday but only one being a rebuy.  See what happens. 

regards
rob

Comments

• edited June 2010

First tweak... the guarantee shouldnt be so high as to induce buy-in just for value reasons.  therefore i reckon a £200 guarantee will be better.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Eureka - Rebuys Solution:
    I have an idea to resolve the whole rebuy issue... skypoker, why don't you set up two parallel tournaments each offering the same guarantee, say £500, at 9pm on Sunday but only one being a rebuy.  See what happens.  regards rob
    Posted by aussie09
    Thanks Aussie, but to the best of my knowledge, they do not have an "issue".

They want, & need, to offer both, to offer a wider variety & selection of games, buy-ins, formats, etc, & that's what they are gradually doing.

Sainsburys sell 5 different brands of baked beans, but I only like, & buy, one, but I have no problem with them offering their other customers the things THEY might better enjoy.

The issue they might have though, is that an impression has gained currency that the Rebuys are replacing the popular Freezeouts.

This is, & was never, the plan, design, or idea. They just want to get rid of the "dead" Tourneys, to help de-clutter the Lobby.

If, in doing so, they have inadvertently removed somer popular Freezeouts, just tell me* what ones they are, & I am pretty sure I can get them reinstated almost immediately.

There is NO grand plan to remove popular freezeouts, &  replace them with Rebuys. It's all about offering a wider choice, & then players can choose themselves what they prefer to play.

* In fact, ANYONE can do it, all I do is drop them a polite note, & they respond, & act, immediately, it's that simple. Any player can do the same. 

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Eureka - Rebuys Solution:
    In Response to Eureka - Rebuys Solution : Thanks Aussie, but to the best of my knowledge, they do not have an "issue". They want, & need, to offer both, to offer a wider variety & selection of games, buy-ins, formats, etc, & that's what they are gradually doing. Sainsburys sell 5 different brands of baked beans, but I only like, & buy, one, & I have no problem with them offering their other customers the things THEY might better enjoy. The issue they might have though, is that an impression has gained currency that the Rebuys are replacing the popular Freezeouts. This is, & was never, the plan, design, or idea. They just want to get rid of the "dead" Tourneys, to help de-clutter the Lobby. If, in doing so, they have inadvertently removed somer popular Freezeouts, just tell me* what ones they are, & I am pretty sure I can get them reinstated almost immediately. There is NO grand plan to remove popular freezeouts, &  replace them with Rebuys. It's all about offering a ider choice, & then players can choose themselves what they prefer to play. * In fact, ANYONE can do it, all I do is drop them a polite note, & they respond, & act, immediately, it's that simple. Any player can do the same.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    The transparency surrounding decisions which affect players on here is one of the things i like most about Sky. It would seem we really do have a voice here.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Eureka - Rebuys Solution : Thanks Aussie, but to the best of my knowledge, they do not have an "issue". They want, & need, to offer both, to offer a wider variety & selection of games, buy-ins, formats, etc, & that's what they are gradually doing. Sainsburys sell 5 different brands of baked beans, but I only like, & buy, one, but I have no problem with them offering their other customers the things THEY might better enjoy. The issue they might have though, is that an impression has gained currency that the Rebuys are replacing the popular Freezeouts. This is, & was never, the plan, design, or idea. They just want to get rid of the "dead" Tourneys, to help de-clutter the Lobby. If, in doing so, they have inadvertently removed somer popular Freezeouts, just tell me* what ones they are, & I am pretty sure I can get them reinstated almost immediately. There is NO grand plan to remove popular freezeouts, &  replace them with Rebuys. It's all about offering a wider choice, & then players can choose themselves what they prefer to play. * In fact, ANYONE can do it, all I do is drop them a polite note, & they respond, & act, immediately, it's that simple. Any player can do the same.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    If you are going to make statements in relation to proving or disproving a particular point, at least ensure that these statements are genuine. In fact Sainsburys have on offer six, not five brands of baked beans for their customers, with each brand offering a variety of alternatives dependent to your tastes. The six brands are, Heinz, Sainsburys own brand (including reduced sugar and salt content ) Branston (my particular favourite!) Weight watches (ideal for you until you get to vegas) Odysea Baked Gigantes beans, and Karyatis Baked gigantes beans. It has also come to my attention, that in other posts on other threads you have also used this non - factual information, if you continue to use these libelous untruths about baked beans in the future, we at the baked bean appreciation club may have to take further action against you, and the pong can be very unpleasant! you have been warned!
  • edited June 2010

Guilty as charged. I plead loonyness.

But it IS a very peculiar thing. Nobody ever complains that Sainsburys, say, cottage loaf, tastes musty, & is cheaper at Tescos, they just ignore it's presence, & let others buy it if they so wish. But offer a product on a Poker Site that some folks don't like - without affecting the other products on offer - & suddenly it all gets vitriolic!

We peoplez that play teh pokerz on the interweb are a strange bunch.
  • edited June 2010
    tikay what most people dont like is  ttta it is affecting the other products on offer, the veloctiy was a very popular tournament (not for me) and so was roulette (again not for me) but they both have been made a rebuy tournament.  I dont think anyone minds rebuys being here because you dont have to play them they would just like there tournaments back and rebuys to run a long side them.

I understand getting rid of tournaments that wasnt getting any runners no point having them about but the velocity always had a load in and roulette always seemed to run every hour.

Gareth
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Eureka - Rebuys Solution :
    If, in doing so, they have inadvertently removed somer popular Freezeouts, just tell me* what ones they are, & I am pretty sure I can get them reinstated almost immediately.
    Posted by Tikay10

thanks tikay... the ones that have been altered in favour of a rebuy version seem to be identified in several threads already... from memory ... (other people might identify their favourites) the main ones are the 9pm £500 and the 10pm £900 velocity.

i am in favour of choice and market forces driving the selection of games run.  it just seems that the present balance has been tilted too far in favour of buyins but unfortunately as a replacement tournament rather than an added one.

so it only an issue with the number of existing tourneys that have been restructured

thanks for taking an interest tikay.. it's why you are so loved.

• edited June 2010

You'll need to type slowly lads, because I can't read fast.

Just list, in a nice straightforward manner that I can understand, which Tourneys have "disappeared", to be replaced by Rebuys, and assuming they were getting decent amount of runners, we can get them re-instated.

Thanks.
  • edited June 2010
    I note there is a "rebuy" tab on filters....why not have a "freezeout" tab also so those of us who aren't interested can forget they even exist?!!
  • edited June 2010
    Personally I'd like to see the 9pm GTD back, and back as a 900GTD freezout. Something which gets 150 - 200 runners, 5.50 buy-in, big and fun enough for the times we don't make it back home in time for the big 8pm tournament.

And because it's the next big "other" tournament worth a punt, the 10pm Velocity restored back as a suitably sized freezout. By all means keep the 11.10pm one a rebuy if you want.

I'll nag about this one last time though. There is an issue with the fees beying charged when you rebuy and add-on. Still don't know why it's done here and not elsewhere. To follow the thread, it appears Sainsbury's are charging extra on their seconds, whereas Tescos does not. Just think it's unfair on those watching the pennies on their BR. Make all the rebuys fee-less like the freeroll versions please.
  • edited June 2010
    You'll need to type slowly lads, because I can't read fast. Just list, in a nice straightforward manner that I can understand, which Tourneys have "disappeared", to be replaced by Rebuys, and assuming  they were getting decent amount of runners, we can get them re-instated. Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay, my favourite tourney was the 9 o'clock freezeout-- this has changed to a 500 grtnd rebuy, nothing replaced it. I am not doing rebuy's at present because I don't like the rake situation

Also the 10.15,2.20 deep stack hardly gets any runners at all, because it starts 5 mins after the biggest 2.30 bounty hunter, the 11.15 2.20 deep stack was getting a nice field, but that one has gone?

Hope something can be done--thanks
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Eureka - Rebuys Solution : Thanks Aussie, but to the best of my knowledge, they do not have an "issue". They want, & need, to offer both, to offer a wider variety & selection of games, buy-ins, formats, etc, & that's what they are gradually doing. Sainsburys sell 5 different brands of baked beans, but I only like, & buy, one, but I have no problem with them offering their other customers the things THEY might better enjoy. The issue they might have though, is that an impression has gained currency that the Rebuys are replacing the popular Freezeouts. This is, & was never, the plan, design, or idea. They just want to get rid of the "dead" Tourneys, to help de-clutter the Lobby. If, in doing so, they have inadvertently removed somer popular Freezeouts, just tell me* what ones they are, & I am pretty sure I can get them reinstated almost immediately. There is NO grand plan to remove popular freezeouts, &  replace them with Rebuys. It's all about offering a wider choice, & then players can choose themselves what they prefer to play. * In fact, ANYONE can do it, all I do is drop them a polite note, & they respond, & act, immediately, it's that simple. Any player can do the same.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay i would like to see the return of the original £1000 gtd freezeout at 9pm,the £250 (not £150) gtd at 3 pm and the £100 gtd at 0100 which has vanished all together (all £5.50 buy ins) all these were popular and always had the numbers playing,so cannot understand the reason for altering/removing these tourneys..many thanks....Fin.
  • edited June 2010

On one of the other similar threads, Sky_Bernie Posted the following, at about 10.15 this morning (Friday)......

"....Hi all,

Having read your posts, and after reviewing the poker lobby, I have just added 3 x £50 Guaranteed freezeouts at the following times; 16.05, 17.10 and 20.00. I have also put up a £100 Guaranteed freezeout at 01.00.

All these tournaments have a buyin of £5 + 0.50p.

With regard to the guarantees, these have been reduced as Tikay stated, because of the World Cup and seasonality, but will be increased where appropriate once the World Cup has finished.

Kind regards,

Bernie...."
  • edited June 2010
    All well and good for people who can afford £5.50 a game but that is not everybody.Not looking for gtd tournaments just mtt for micro(not my term but the way sky rates buy-ins) player.In tournament section click on micro met with a raft of re-buys or a couple of semi sats.Just want to play mtt poker which i enjoy.
  • edited June 2010

hi tikay......i dont mind the rebuys and play a few on a regular basis(on an other site,pre sky rebuys) but i have played both velocity tourny's at least 4 times a week for the lat 2 years and they have now turned this into a rebuy comp,surely they could of kept this as a freezeout and ran a £5 rebuy alongside/just before.turning it into a rebuy has spoilt it imo,(i know the poker "police" will say "how can you ruin a donkament?" but as you say horse's for course'.any chance of it being reinstated as a freezeout?

cheers,dave