You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tournys

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
where has all the tournys gone there is so many £1.20 sats its unreal and other sats. there isnt any decent games through the day until 3pm. i dont mean to twine but all the guarantees have gone down. the 5.50 freeze outs have all gone. the 7.20 speed has gone and other games. does any1 agree, thanks anjie. x

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Yes me you and jim spoke about it in a sng earlier and you are correct.dav xx
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Anjie-- You'll find that nearly everyone agrees with ya, although I suppose we'll have to wait till after the world cup before we can make a proper judgement of the schedule--seems to have gone flopwit loopy to me, but not really any point complaining until we see what it's like when it settles down-- making the 9.00 -900 grntd into a 500 grntd rebuy is my biggest gripe, Hav'nt played a rebuy yet, mostly in protest at charging the same rake on the rebuy--- Anyway, you are most definately not alone Anjie--- look out for Tikay's tournies from next week though, these do sound good !!--- gl--- floppa whoppa!!
  • edited June 2010

Hi Anjie, hope you are well, long time no speak!

Please see THIS thread.

Also, feel free to write to me if you ever have these sort of concerns.

Hope the other thread helps, & let me know if you have ongoing concerns.

The Guarantees are lower at the moment, & this will stay the case for a little while, this reflects seasonality - all Online sites have less traffic during the Summer - & the World Cup.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to tournys:
    where has all the tournys gone there is so many £1.20 sats its unreal and other sats. there isnt any decent games through the day until 3pm. i dont mean to twine but all the guarantees have gone down. the 5.50 freeze outs have all gone. the 7.20 speed has gone and other games. does any1 agree, thanks anjie. x
    Posted by anjie1970
    Hi angie,totally agree i used to play loads of tourneys on here but play more cash at the moment as i don't like the new tourney schedules,they could at least put £5.50 freezeout tourneys back on each hour with or without guarantees .There used to be a £100 gtd at 0100hrs but that has vanished too and the 3pm tourney guarantee has lowered too,dont know why as it always got the runners?
  • edited June 2010

+1 totally agree. We need more freezeouts during the day and evening.

• edited June 2010
    ok thanks guys for your replys , i dont normally moan but i just felt things were going downhill. cheers all. anj x
  • edited June 2010

dunno why the 3pm is now only £150gtd - it made 250 every time - aghhhhh always a great way to start my session this tourny.
  • edited June 2010
    not a fan of the gtd rebuy at 9 less runners then the £900 had and seems like the lobbies just filled up with rebuys of late, just makes the tounaments harder imo i keep bubbling lol
  • edited June 2010
    Hi all,

Having read your posts, and after reviewing the poker lobby, I have just added 3 x £50 Guaranteed freezeouts at the following times; 16.05, 17.10 and 20.00. I have also put up a £100 Guaranteed freezeout at 01.00.

All these tournaments have a buyin of £5 + 0.50p.

With regard to the guarantees, these have been reduced as Tikay stated, because of the World Cup and seasonality, but will be increased where appropriate once the World Cup has finished.

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited June 2010

Thanks Bernie - top man you!
  • edited June 2010

I dnt wanna sound ungreatful or anything, but these £50 gtd £5 buy ins are just effectively a 10 man sit and go, in the MTT lobby.

A multi table tournament shud be just that...

I know the guarentee isnt a restriction on the numbers, but it's pretty accurate and normally the no. of runners is around about enough to cover the guarentee.

Bad time to start it, but Id love to see a big tourny in the afternoon, for everyone.

I suggested it somehwere, £3.30 buy in, starting at 3.30pm, with a £330 gtd prizepool. A proper MTT affordable and worthwhile for all mid/low stakes players.

Maybe after the WC finishes? - the lobby is crying out for something like this through the day. The guarentee is absolutely essential IMO, I know tk disagrees with this but it is what catches everybodys eye.

Anyway cyaz all in the 3pm donkfest ;)

P.S TK if ur reading this, u mentioned the 7-8 clubs hand.....was talked about on the club, did you actually show the hand? - Im dying to know what the guy had. - AT with the A of clubs??
  • edited June 2010
    I have been reading various threads about tournaments with great interest.

I totally agree with the posts about the rebuy rake, I know of few sites that charge on rebuys and addons.

Obviously we will have to wait to see the level of support that these rebuys attract, but I certainly wont be defending my T- O- T title tonight in the new format !

I totally support Sky trying out new ideas, but has there really been a demand from players for rebuys ?

I take board on Tikays comments about the drop in traffic due to the World Cup etc, but looking through the tournament schedules, there appear to be less and less plain and simple MTT events for the average to good player.

Two years ago every night there would be four or five tournaments for £10/20 offering a guarantee of £300-500. Where are they now? I know the demand is still there for them, and I believe this format is the best for encouraging good poker... I certainly improved my game through playing many of them.

Instead we have a sea of Bounty Hunters, rebuys and meaningless satellites. Surely the purpose of a satellite is to enable a player to play at a higher level than his bankroll comfortably allows and have a chance to reap the greater rewards available ? The Bounty Hunters do have a following, I do play some myself in the lack of alternatives, but I think players are starting to realise that they are not the way forward in improving their game.

Day time is impossible, I like many players usually take my business elsewhere because there are no worthwhile tournaments on Sky. Dohhs suggestion of bringing back a regular 3 oclock tourny is worth supporting , but daytime trade is so low now that he is right in saying a £3/5 buyin is all that it would support. But at weekends surely trying a larger buyin is worthwhile ?

On a positive note, well done Sky for the Dan tb Deepie and the monthly Sky Sports £220 event. They may not suit everyone but are ideal for me. And the chance of entering the latter through the League freeroll gives everyone a chance. Although the number of players registering for this ,and then not turning up to play, makes it unenjoyable to play and a bit of a lottery. Is there not a solution for this in only opening the tournament for registration for those who have qualified shortly before the event ?

Anyway in the long run it is down to us as players to support the events we enjoy, so we can then enjoy them more often

Tony

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: tournys:
    I dnt wanna sound ungreatful or anything, but these £50 gtd £5 buy ins are just effectively a 10 man sit and go, in the MTT lobby. A multi table tournament shud be just that... I know the guarentee isnt a restriction on the numbers, but it's pretty accurate and normally the no. of runners is around about enough to cover the guarentee. Bad time to start it, but Id love to see a big tourny in the afternoon, for everyone. I suggested it somehwere, £3.30 buy in, starting at 3.30pm, with a £330 gtd prizepool. A proper MTT affordable and worthwhile for all mid/low stakes players. Maybe after the WC finishes? - the lobby is crying out for something like this through the day. The guarentee is absolutely essential IMO, I know tk disagrees with this but it is what catches everybodys eye. Anyway cyaz all in the 3pm donkfest ;)P.S TK if ur reading this, u mentioned the 7-8 clubs hand.....was talked about on the club, did you actually show the hand? - Im dying to know what the guy had. - AT with the A of clubs??
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I am like you JJ - I don't like to see money burned, or wasted - because no matter what anyone says, the truth is this - giving away money endlessly is neither scaleable (the mantra of Page & Brin, the 2 guys who started "google" & made themselves quillionaires in the process), or sustainable, the latter being at the very heart of how a gent called Warren Buffett got to do "rather well" for himself. Truth to tell, I believe in self-help in everything I do in life, I'd rather earn my corn in all things than be given it. But that's another story, for another day. ;)  

The 7-8 of clubs hand - yes, we showed it in full, in all it's glory. So you will get to see what Villain had - which, I presume, was the whole reason you sent it in. ;)

How is the Poker Clinic - any busier? I'm doing some spam on it, via various platforms. If you remind me tomorrow, or send an e-Mail to the Show, I'll do some more, on The Show, tomorrow evening.

By the bye, tomorrow (Saturday's Show) MIGHT be a bit special, if I can finalise certain arrangements. We are hoping to show a £1,000 Sit Down "BIG GAME" in near real-time, & have had 2 special £5 £10 Tables "built" especially for it. So far, I have recruited about 6 players, but I have a LOT more work to do on it yet, & it's all very complicated. Fingers crossed. The players who have so far accepted invites are "some bunch"!
  • edited June 2010
    I have been reading various threads about tournaments with great interest. I totally agree with the posts about the rebuy rake, I know of few sites that charge on rebuys and addons. Obviously we will have to wait to see the level of support that these rebuys attract, but I certainly wont be defending my T- O- T title tonight in the new format ! I totally support Sky trying out new ideas, but has there really been a demand from players for rebuys ? I take board on Tikays comments about the drop in traffic due to the World Cup etc, but looking through the tournament schedules, there appear to be less and less plain and simple MTT events for the average to good player. Two years ago every night there would be four or five tournaments for £10/20 offering a guarantee of £300-500. Where are they now? I know the demand is still there for them, and I believe this format is the best for encouraging good poker... I certainly improved my game through playing many of them. Instead we have a sea of Bounty Hunters, rebuys and meaningless satellites. Surely the purpose of a satellite is to enable a player to play at a higher level than his bankroll comfortably allows and have a chance to reap the greater rewards available ? The Bounty Hunters do have a following, I do play some myself in the lack of alternatives, but I think players are starting to realise that they are not the way forward in improving their game. Day time is impossible, I like many players usually take my business elsewhere because there are no worthwhile tournaments on Sky. Dohhs suggestion of bringing back a regular 3 oclock tourny is worth supporting , but daytime trade is so low now that he is right in saying a £3/5 buyin is all that it would support. But at weekends surely trying a larger buyin is worthwhile ? On a positive note, well done Sky for the Dan tb Deepie and the monthly Sky Sports £220 event. They may not suit everyone but are ideal for me. And the chance of entering the latter through the League freeroll gives everyone a chance. Although the number of players registering for this ,and then not turning up to play, makes it unenjoyable to play and a bit of a lottery. Is there not a solution for this in only opening the tournament for registration for those who have qualified shortly before the event ? Anyway in the long run it is down to us as players to support the events we enjoy, so we can then enjoy them more often Tony  
    Posted by penguin7
    A beautifully presented, well thought out, & reasoned Post Tony, thank you.

It will be in Suit City within minutes, as I'll send it up right way.

• edited June 2010

I didn't sent that in TK...I put it in the clinic, but havent put any requests in lately.

When you showed 4/5 hands in the one show, I didnt request these either, I was first PM'd by Sky Mandy, who wanted the hand I.D for a hand I'd put in the clinic...

Then recieved a phone call askin for a few more of my hands...interesting ones...

The 7-8 clubs hand - the title of the thread in the clinic was the hand ID, I was on chrome when it happened, and cudnt post it, so I just started the thread as a "note to self" sorta thing - maybe thats how the producers have got the hand ID and included it in the show.

Think some ppl may be annoyed at my hands getting shown alot, just wanted to make it clear they arent ALL at my request.

Or maybe Im just reading some comments and taking them the wrong way.

RE the clinic...

Yes it was buzzing 2 nights ago when I started the thread. It was brill, if more low stakes guys get involved, it can only get better. - was offline last night but logged in to a load more new hands this morning, so goin gr8.

Spoke to Lisa yest too who has promised me a hand will be posted soon too :)

Appreciate all the help with it!! - and N1 Irishrover too for gettin involved!

Lookin forward to tomoro - cya tonight in ur tourny - WC not worth goin out for till the K.O rounds! game on
  • edited June 2010
    I didn't sent that in TK...I put it in the clinic, but havent put any requests in lately. When you showed 4/5 hands in the one show, I didnt request these either, I was first PM'd by Sky Mandy, who wanted the hand I.D for a hand I'd put in the clinic... Then recieved a phone call askin for a few more of my hands...interesting ones... The 7-8 clubs hand - the title of the thread in the clinic was the hand ID, I was on chrome when it happened, and cudnt post it, so I just started the thread as a "note to self" sorta thing - maybe thats how the producers have got the hand ID and included it in the show. Think some ppl may be annoyed at my hands getting shown alot, just wanted to make it clear they arent ALL at my request. Or maybe Im just reading some comments and taking them the wrong way. RE the clinic... Yes it was buzzing 2 nights ago when I started the thread. It was brill, if more low stakes guys get involved, it can only get better. - was offline last night but logged in to a load more new hands this morning, so goin gr8. Spoke to Lisa yest too who has promised me a hand will be posted soon too :) Appreciate all the help with it!! - and N1 Irishrover too for gettin involved! Lookin forward to tomoro - cya tonight in ur tourny - WC not worth goin out for till the K.O rounds! game on
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The latter!

I did actually take the time & trouble to compliment you on all you do for the Forum & Channel only yesterday - perhaps you missed that.

Keep it coming - the Channel needs good material, & yours is usually good. It's their decision whether they use it or not.
  • edited June 2010
    Think some ppl may be annoyed at my hands getting shown alot, just wanted to make it clear they arent ALL at my request. Or maybe Im just reading some comments and taking them the wrong way.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Anybody has the opportunity to send in hand id's during live shows or post on the show my hand thread.  Just because you choose to take advantage of this and others don't, that can hardly be your fault can it?  Keep them coming DOHHHHHHH, it makes for interesting viewing.
  • edited June 2010
    Apologies to DOHHHHHHH if you took offence at a "tongue-in-cheek" remark of mine.
    I thought it rather amusing at the time but I can see how a delicate soul such as yourself might take it the wrong way. ;-)

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: tournys : A beautifully presented, well thought out, & reasoned Post Tony, thank you. It will be in Suit City within minutes, as I'll send it up right way.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay

I think your Trojan friends need telling to park their horse somewhere else !
  • edited June 2010
    I have been reading various threads about tournaments with great interest. I totally agree with the posts about the rebuy rake, I know of few sites that charge on rebuys and addons. Obviously we will have to wait to see the level of support that these rebuys attract, but I certainly wont be defending my T- O- T title tonight in the new format ! I totally support Sky trying out new ideas, but has there really been a demand from players for rebuys ? I take board on Tikays comments about the drop in traffic due to the World Cup etc, but looking through the tournament schedules, there appear to be less and less plain and simple MTT events for the average to good player. Two years ago every night there would be four or five tournaments for £10/20 offering a guarantee of £300-500. Where are they now?
    Tony - THANKYOU for echoing what I and others have been saying for days. I was starting to think I was slowly going nuts or banging my head against a brick wall. What you said about the missing £10 buying £200-£300 tourneys is bang on. I used to love the £300 GTD at around 22.40. 30 runners, 5 paid, perfect.