You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why is higher stakes cash much more aggressive than low stakes???

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
why is higher stakes cash much more aggressive than low stakes ? it seems to have far more loose players who play any 2 cards ! what is the best way to approach these games ? tight agressive or fight fire with fire ?????

Comments

• edited June 2010

Essentially, they play higher stakes because they play better, & they play better because their default setting is to BET, not CALL.

That is pretty much the difference between high & low stakes poker.
  • edited June 2010
    IMO the best way to start at these levels is Tight Aggressive, but make sure when you are involved to are aggressive and don't fall into the passive trap.  As you get to grips with these levels you can begin to consider developing certain LAG-ish tendencies but just staying Tight-Agrro is fine too.

The most important thing of course is that you are rolled for these levels.  I cannot stress that enough.
  • edited June 2010

The difference is aggression, raising pre flop with 4-5 rather than limping.

Although nl30 is an absolute fish fest it's actually depressing me that I still sit there.

Limp call limp call limp call .... ALL in river!

CHECK/CALL - they have no other buttons. Im not gonna do it to myself today!!!

(cya there at 3pm guys) lol :(
  • edited June 2010
    Because by the time they get to those stakes , everyone knows that no one has anything
  • edited June 2010

mahony speaks the truth

• edited June 2010
    In Response to why is higher stakes cash much more aggressive than low stakes???:
    ... what is the best way to approach these games ? tight agressive or fight fire with fire ?????
    Posted by addo07
    To be honest given the question you had to ask in the thread title, it might be a bit premature for you to be playing at that level.

Make sure your people reading skills are up to scratch, because you're going to need them at higher levels.

Drop down a level or 2 and play a few sessions where you NEVER call or limp.

Only bet or raise, this should sharpen up your people reading and re emphasise the importance of good hand selection and position.

Once you've got enough practice at playing the more aggressive style, then I'd see if you can use it to good effect at the higher levels.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: why is higher stakes cash much more aggressive than low stakes???:
    Because by the time they get to those stakes , everyone knows that no one has anything
    Posted by OMahonyO

THIS IS THE ANSWER