You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad runs

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

How do you combat them?

I don't mean immodium.

I mean poker bad runs.

Everything I do goes wrong.

I re-raise, I get re-raised all-in and can't call.

I go all-in with AK and I lose evry time.

Every hand gets trumped on the river.

I get ridicuously good luck early tournament and then crash and burn before cashing.

4 handed dym I go all in on the button with AQ suited when 3rd and get trumped by 10-10 chip leader on the SB.

Big Bounty Hunter torney with AK I re-raise a raise to get put all-in by 4-4 and have to call. K on flop, 4 on river.

Play a big stake dym and go all in with 99 to face KK.

Just a horrible, horrible week.

I'm not the type to decry Sky. I'm not normally the type to decry bad beats. And I know I've made mistakes but not too many.

But what's the best way to turn this round?

I'm not giving up, but I'm getting close.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Bad runs:
    How do you combat them? I don't mean immodium. I mean poker bad runs. Everything I do goes wrong. I re-raise, I get re-raised all-in and can't call. I go all-in with AK and I lose evry time. Every hand gets trumped on the river. I get ridicuously good luck early tournament and then crash and burn before cashing. 4 handed dym I go all in on the button with AQ suited when 3rd and get trumped by 10-10 chip leader on the SB. Big Bounty Hunter torney with AK I re-raise a raise to get put all-in by 4-4 and have to call. K on flop, 4 on river. Play a big stake dym and go all in with 99 to face KK. Just a horrible, horrible week. I'm not the type to decry Sky. I'm not normally the type to decry bad beats. And I know I've made mistakes but not too many. But what's the best way to turn this round? I'm not giving up, but I'm getting close.
    Posted by bandini
    Take a break

Everytime I run bad like that I leave it alone for a while (even if its just for a few days or a week)

Its worked for me in the past. GL
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad runs:
    In Response to Bad runs : Take a break   Everytime I run bad like that I leave it alone for a while (even if its just for a few days or a week) Its worked for me in the past. GL
    Posted by MP33
    Just tried a button steal as another high stake dym got down to the nitty gritty and walked straight into AA. It's almost funny, but not quite.

I got dealt AA 3 times in a row on here and have been paid off for a royal flush one time so it's not that I'm without luck. Just never at the right time.

Need a break. Negative thoughts flooding my head.

See yas all around. I'll be back but I really do need a break.

• edited June 2010
    And 45 suited with a board of A,2,3,3,3 comes up against a 3 with my last £5.

Ha ha, ho ho.

Hilarious.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Bad runs:
    How do you combat them? I don't mean immodium. I mean poker bad runs. Everything I do goes wrong. I re-raise, I get re-raised all-in and can't call. I go all-in with AK and I lose evry time. Every hand gets trumped on the river. I get ridicuously good luck early tournament and then crash and burn before cashing. 4 handed dym I go all in on the button with AQ suited when 3rd and get trumped by 10-10 chip leader on the SB. Big Bounty Hunter torney with AK I re-raise a raise to get put all-in by 4-4 and have to call. K on flop, 4 on river. Play a big stake dym and go all in with 99 to face KK. Just a horrible, horrible week. I'm not the type to decry Sky. I'm not normally the type to decry bad beats. And I know I've made mistakes but not too many. But what's the best way to turn this round? I'm not giving up, but I'm getting close.
    Posted by bandini
    play me ... please!
  • edited June 2010

Treat every single hand as an indidual event (which it is)

Bad runs r all in the mind !
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad runs:
    Treat every single hand as an indidual event (which it is) Bad runs r all in the mind !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Every new hand's a new one, I know. The odds are the same every time they're dealt.

But this bad run wasn't in the mind. It was terrible. It was a horrible run of going in fav and being beaten. Usually on the river. I can take a bad beat or cruel river. It's just a test of my character if I can handle this many in a week. Maybe I'm just a terrible poker player of course, lol. I'm certainly not a brilliant one after 4 months of playing but I've studied it enough that I'm surely at least average.

Just registered with Full Tilt and came third then won at my first two 9 table sit'n'gos. Maybe it's just a change of scenery I need. It's maybe something physcological. Far prefer here though. Can't navigate their page at all. No idea how to find my money. Do you just pick a game and that's it on there? I tried to find Ivey for heads-up but couldn't find him. He must've heard I was coming.