You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Put Capello on gardening leave

edited June 2010 in The Football Corner

As Cappello is so stubborn I can,t see him changing from 442. I've never seen such a pathetic perfomance, although i also have never seen so many players under-acheive.

Could it be because they are not playing in their usual positions?

Who knows but personally if I were in charge at the FA I would put Cappelo on gardening leave until after tournament (would cost to much to sack him) and be on the phone to Harry Rednapp, begging him to get on the next flight to come and save us as we will not win the World Cup with Cappello unless he changes the formation, which in a way would be admitting he was wrong and can,t see him doing it.

What do we need to do to win this thing?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    wear yellow and blue
  • edited June 2010
    I dont think it is him, i think the players are just playing sh it!! sooo lethargic, maybe its the altitude?
  • edited June 2010
    I AGREE WITH YOU  loonytoons  and also mp33. i have never been so bored  watching an england game. just dont no how we can get out off this one. please david becks have a word with someone.
  • edited June 2010
    Just make them read tomorrows papers. A win over Slovenia will surely follow.
  • edited June 2010
    just heard - apparently a fan somehow got into their dressing room after their game, and started shouting abuse.

Hopefully that might show them how frustrated everyone is getting
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Put Capello on gardening leave:
    just heard - apparently a fan somehow got into their dressing room after their game, and started shouting abuse. Hopefully that might show them how frustrated everyone is getting
    Posted by MP33
    Rooney on camera bad-mouthing the fans. Not good.

It might click yet but if you play like last night Slovenia will destroy you. And it seems the confidence just isn't there for some reason. Can't see that coming back to the degree of winning the WC. You apparently had the players, you apparently had the manager, you definitely had the form, and don't give me the altitude, it's Europeanish and the Brazillian's are wearing gloves.

Very, very strange. Imagine Redknapp had been in charge? A difference? Best chance in a long time gone I reckon. Can you see that team rallying? Can you see a team 4 years hence winning in Brazil?
  • edited June 2010
    My garden's a mess but I wouldn't risk letting him have a go at it.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Put Capello on gardening leave:
    In Response to Re: Put Capello on gardening leave : Rooney on camera bad-mouthing the fans. Not good. It might click yet but if you play like last night Slovenia will destroy you. And it seems the confidence just isn't there for some reason. Can't see that coming back to the degree of winning the WC. You apparently had the players, you apparently had the manager, you definitely had the form, and don't give me the altitude, it's Europeanish and the Brazillian's are wearing gloves. Very, very strange. Imagine Redknapp had been in charge? A difference? Best chance in a long time gone I reckon. Can you see that team rallying? Can you see a team 4 years hence winning in Brazil?
    Posted by bandini
    Lol, altitude is to do with oxygen levels, if you run at sea level all your life, you will need to acclimatise with altitude training. Although Cape Town is on the coast, the stadium is high up overlooking the city. Just because the Brazilians are wearing gloves, doesn't mean its Europeanish. But they were still rubbish!
  • edited June 2010
    Capello has lost my respect ever since he announced his squad. From that point he had bottled it. He has got no cahoonas.

I will take form players.

I will not take injured players.

All U turns and rubbish. On top of that he has played the keeper with the worst premiership form of the three so that was 3 points chucked away for a start. Players out of position. Wrong formations and in true England Manager tradition he has taken players that he has no intention of playing no matter how bad it gets.

We need some spirit from somewhere but above all else we need balance ...i.e. 2 centre backs, 2 wing backs, 2 wingers, Barry and Gerrard in the middle and 2 attackers up front who REGULARLY stick the ball in the net. Not one volitile morky grafter and his hard as rock donkey ball holding up assistant. I don't care how good they play it's just plane wrong. Defoe and Darren bent would have more goals than them 2 by now.....Seen as they have scored none. How many shots have they had between them against garbage opponents ????

We have got no chance whatsoever of getting anywhere near winning this tournament even though our players are as good as anyones. I just don't get it. Why are managers so thick. The only Manager who has done what the public want in recent years with England is Venables.
  • edited June 2010

more like the attitude i say