You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rebuy Tournaments

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
What genius decided to make the velocity tournaments rebuys for an hour! After 30 minutes a rebuy gets you less than 4 big blinds.  You only need to look at the entries to see that its a total nonsense, can someone please get some common sense and revert to a format thats worked well since the site opened

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Yes I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum ! Clearly ridiculous.

There are many posts on here asking why we have all these tournies turned into rebuys, but I cant find one post anywhere that actually supports them, even from those who work for Sky.

Its obviously hard to defend the indefensible, but it makes it a bit difficult to have a reasonable discussion !

• edited June 2010
    All the rebuys tend to be the tourneys where the blinds rise quickly, this is so rebuys become inevitable. I myself have only played a couple and am in profit, but i have decided not to play any more rebuys until they remove the rake from the rebuy
  • edited June 2010

Even taking the very cheeky rake on rebuys out of the equation a schedule should not be smothered by something new like rebuys it should be have been enhanced by them.

Well done Penquin7 for your contribution on another thread - it seems like a well worded post from such as yourself will go up to the suits on this subject.

With a bit of luck all will be much improved soon.....from the micro end I hope they go as low as the one min roulette and freerolls.

• igeige
    edited June 2010
    i just watched a 60p roullete tourny with 19 runners advertised no more rebuys after 1st break?when i looked at the tourny info it never showed any breaks?so 19 runners 4 left rebuying 500 chips blinds at 400,000 800,000 constantly rebuying cos no one wanted to leave in 4th with 4 league points.unless i got it wrong and i apologise if i have why would that be advertised stating no more rebuys after 1st break, when there was no break?i think the game become who had the most roll to keep rebuying so they could get cashed in 3rd rather then leave with nothing.think the prizepool ended up just under 80 pounds and maybe someone in 4th position with no roll. 
  • edited June 2010

will Velocity be rebuys only from now on  - - Or will there be a Velocity with no rebuy through the week??
  • edited June 2010

Im really diappointed that your vastly reducing the options for players who dont want to play rebuys. why turn so many tournaments into rebuys? I think this  move is detrimental to the site, and will encourage players to play elsewhere.

• edited June 2010
    I agree with you stargazzer

i like sky poker as a site and good to play on.
    most sites now are all with late reg's, rebuy and addons.

Does no one like playing freezeout tournaments anymore.
    to me rebuys only encourage donks to be even worse!!

rant over lol
  • edited June 2010
    Wait let me get this right,

When you click the re-buy button and pay for your chips, the money goes into Sky's pocket?

No wonder they're "investing" in this new "revolutionary" tournament method.

If your chips go, your chips go - end of story

Im not buying this AT ALL!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Rebuy Tournaments:
    Wait let me get this right, When you click the re-buy button and pay for your chips, the money goes into Sky's pocket? No wonder they're "investing" in this new "revolutionary" tournament method. If your chips go, your chips go - end of story Im not buying this AT ALL!
    Posted by MadHorse
    Read the thread again (or any of the several others) and think about it for a minute.

The money goes into the prize pool - minus the rake.