You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sorry i`m a lucky donk??

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
just had odds to call all in before flop with s/stack and i`m chip leader on dym yes they had pair 9s i had a/4 suited flop gives me state then turn ace, they c/box lucky donk and all i could say was oh well ?yes they got money in ahead but i wish they would realize dependin on stack size they are going too get called with any two, so if the player reads this, yes lucky but had odds and have been done myself in ahead, till cards turn,

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Fully agree, if the pot odds are there i call with it.

I once got called a Gangster (dont think my name helps with getting away from that) because i was chip leader in a £5 DYM on the bubble. On BB look at 72 suited, well i thought, not ideal. Small stack shoves for 430 folded round to me, ive already put 400 in so i call. They show 66 and flop comes 772. Im now 98% i think, and then the abuse started.

I was a gangster, a donk, an idiot i cant rember the rest. Now im usually the first to go mental at a beat like this, but under the circumstances id have fully understood a call from the opponent and walked away gracefully woundering why i was left with 1 BB left anyways.

So i fully understand where your comming from, usually stuff like this washes over my head, as im usually the first to dish it out so would be extremely hypocritical of me to complain, however it just seems to me these players just have little idea of odds, and maybe need a wingman to help them out,
  • edited June 2010
    i have to admit any sort off things like that don`t bother me, as tk said other day he`d rather abuse as such as that or any other was at himself so it was not directed to other players, i admit he called me a lucky donk which was not that rude but i have been called worse and it`s normally wife, it`s just water off a mallards back too me, so what anyone else thinks i`m nor botherd, i`m playing my way and they play there way.