You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A few England questions?

Right England played as bad as it gets yesterday, the team was booooood, Rooney made a sarcastic comment about it and everybody is rightly annoyed.  However what I want to know is:

1.  Do you really think the players didn't care or try?  Anyone think we are just not very good?
2.  Does Rooney's comment sound like soemone that doesn't care or is actually just as frustrated as the rest of us.  Maybe an angry Rooney will play better...
3.  Do you think its right to boo the team especially when we are still in the tournament?
4.  Has the performance or the right to booo got anything to do with how much the players get paid or how much people choose to pay to watch the team?
5.  Does anyone apart from Fabio think that Joe Cole should not be starting on the left?
6.  Does anyone think that maybe we do play "kick and rush" football just badly?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    here`s a question, how comes that there are certain players that no matter how cr ap they play they are always gauranteed their place in the team and seem above being dropped get some balls capello and start axing the so called world superstars.
  • edited June 2010
    ROONEY NEEDS TO COME OUT AND APOLOGISE ALL THE FANS KNOW THE PLAYERS ARENT GOING OUT TO TRY TO PLAY BADLY AND DURIMG THE GAME THE SUPPORT WAS FAR BETTER THAN THE PERFORMANCE.
    THE SYSTEM NEEDS CHANGING OUR 4 MIDFIELD PLAYERS DONT SEEM TO HASVE THE PACE OR ENERGY TO OUTPLAY 4 OR 5 OPPONTENT IN THE SAME AREA.
    AGAINST SLOVENIA I WOULD 3-5-2 WITH CARRICK PLAYING AS THE THIRD CENTRE HALF BECAUSE WITHOUT FERDINAND OR KING WE HAVENT GO A CENTRE HALF WHO CAN PASS. ALL THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE PLAYED WIDE SO FAR HAVE BEEN SHOCKING SO WE MIGHT AS WELL USE A.COLE AND JOHNSON TO GIVE US WIDTH BARRY,GERRARD AND J.COLE IN THE CENTRE OF MIDFIELD WITH ROONEY AND DEFOE UP FRONT.
    IN 86 AND 90 WE STARTED BADLY AS WELL BUT THEN THE MANAGER (SIR BOBBY) LISTENED TO THE SENOIR PLAYERS AND CHANGED THE SYSTEM AND PERSONEL.UNFORTUNATLY CAPPELLO SEEMS TO BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT BEING IN TOTAL CHARGE THAN WINNING GAMES 
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: A few England questions?:
    ROONEY NEEDS TO COME OUT AND APOLOGISE ALL THE FANS KNOW THE PLAYERS ARENT GOING OUT TO TRY TO PLAY BADLY AND DURIMG THE GAME THE SUPPORT WAS FAR BETTER THAN THE PERFORMANCE. THE SYSTEM NEEDS CHANGING OUR 4 MIDFIELD PLAYERS DONT SEEM TO HASVE THE PACE OR ENERGY TO OUTPLAY 4 OR 5 OPPONTENT IN THE SAME AREA. AGAINST SLOVENIA I WOULD 3-5-2 WITH CARRICK PLAYING AS THE THIRD CENTRE HALF BECAUSE WITHOUT FERDINAND OR KING WE HAVENT GO A CENTRE HALF WHO CAN PASS. ALL THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE PLAYED WIDE SO FAR HAVE BEEN SHOCKING SO WE MIGHT AS WELL USE A.COLE AND JOHNSON TO GIVE US WIDTH BARRY,GERRARD AND J.COLE IN THE CENTRE OF MIDFIELD WITH ROONEY AND DEFOE UP FRONT. IN 86 AND 90 WE STARTED BADLY AS WELL BUT THEN THE MANAGER (SIR BOBBY) LISTENED TO THE SENOIR PLAYERS AND CHANGED THE SYSTEM AND PERSONEL.UNFORTUNATLY CAPPELLO SEEMS TO BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT BEING IN TOTAL CHARGE THAN WINNING GAMES 
    Posted by BADBOY985
    +1 i agree with the lot. Its even better than what i said myself lol
  • edited June 2010
    heres a few pointers from a non english point of view,

1. get rid of heskey
    2. settle on a keeper and give him a vote of confidence
    3. drop either gerrard or lampard, as its been clear for years that they 2 cant play in the same team
    4. centre halfs are an accident waiting to happen
    5. play an actual left sided mid fielder in that position
    6. cappello needs to grow a set and change things if they aint happening originally