You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

One of those days

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
Anyone else having one of those days where everything just goes wrong. Where you lose every 50-50, walk into the only hand beating you on nearly every hand you play, miss every draw, and you cant avoid your opponent hits theres.

No complaints, just woundering if any one else sharing my pain lol.

Comments

• edited June 2010

...has it been emotional??

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: One of those days:
    ...has it been emotional??
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You and my emotions. lol.

Yes really quite frustrating.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to One of those days:
    Anyone else having one of those days where everything just goes wrong. Where you lose every 50-50, walk into the only hand beating you on nearly every hand you play, miss every draw, and you cant avoid your opponent hits theres. No complaints, just woundering if any one else sharing my pain lol.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi Don

How about a run of 6 weeks of it euk :(
  • edited June 2010
    I wish it was just one of those DAYS.

I've had it for the last few weeks now. I've done nearly half my BR through sick outdraws & losing every coin flip. I've lost count of the runner runner jobs that have done me in. I'm not saying I've played perfect poker cos I know at times I haven't, but AT LEAST 75% of my losses for the last few weeks have been down to the luck (or rather lack of it on my part) of the cards.

I've hit my points target for the month now & I think it's time for me to walk away for a few weeks and try to find my passion for the game again cos I can't do this any more.

I'll pop in on the forum but I'm not playing for a while now.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to One of those days : Hi Don How about a run of 6 weeks of it euk :(
    Posted by acebarry10
    Wish i could Barry but ive just had my benifits stopped, something to do with an error in my claim, which means 6 weeks without money, so i need some sort of income and the only job interview i had got filled, lack of qualifications letting me down again.

I wish it was just one of those DAYS. I've had it for the last few weeks now. I've done nearly half my BR through sick outdraws & losing every coin flip. I've lost count of the runner runner jobs that have done me in. I'm not saying I've played perfect poker cos I know at times I haven't, but AT LEAST 75% of my losses for the last few weeks have been down to the luck (or rather lack of it on my part) of the cards. I've hit my points target for the month now & I think it's time for me to walk away for a few weeks and try to find my passion for the game again cos I can't do this any more. I'll pop in on the forum but I'm not playing for a while now.
    Posted by silentbob
    Yea, i fully agree. Ive played far from perfect pocker but far from poor poker aswell. Somewhere in the middle, reasonable poker i shall call it :D.

Ive not had a runner runner job yet today, but i think ive managed to get away the minute i spot the draw now almost 90% certain its hitting and if another opponent in the hand i watch it hit, making me feel better for folding.
  • edited June 2010
    I even managed to read a hand before it happened,

I got A8 said flop would come AK8 my opponent will have kings, flop came 2K8, checked, 4 on turn, small bet, Ace on river i bet get called, would you believe it Kings.

Well thats confidence for ya
  • edited June 2010
    You sound a bit negative mate, this is not the attitude of a winning player--try to think of your attitude when things are going fine, otherwise you will make the wrong bets, and play too passive, it's a slippery slope. Have a wee break for a few hours, think about how you play when you are winning, then come back in the right mood--and flop a fluppin whoppa!!!
  • edited June 2010
    You sound a bit negative mate, this is not the attitude of a winning player--try to think of your attitude when things are going fine, otherwise you will make the wrong bets, and play too passive, it's a slippery slope. Have a wee break for a few hours, think about how you play when you are winning, then come back in the right mood--and flop a fluppin whoppa!!!
    Posted by oynutter
    Yea went on the xbox and played a little of my old game on the WSOP TOC game and managed to come 8th in a tournament was sitting second to chip leader and got rivered by the chip leader, Dam AI how dare it call my trip kings with pocket aces.
  • edited June 2010
    Tbh, I haven't been going too bad recently, but mainly in tourney's. Although I know the frustration as in cash I've had a few sessions where I never hit the flop after a raise but my opponant always gets a hit for his call OOP with junk, and when I do get the price for my draw on the flop hit turn then get done on the river feels deflating. Best thing to do though i just keep doing the right things right and it will go your way ......eventually. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Well you had better go and get some patient and disciplined whoppa floppin in then innit--lol

and if you need to price someone off a draw, shoot the flupper!!-- lol
  • edited June 2010
    Well you had better go and get some patient and disciplined whoppa floppin in then innit--lol and if you need to price someone off a draw, shoot the flupper!!-- lol
    Posted by oynutter
    i even tried an all in killing all pot odds, and still got called. im going to take the rest of the weekend off. Thats me making promises i probably cant keep again, so ill probably try stay at my mates for the rest of the weekend and come back refreshed and get a nice long session in on monday.
  • edited June 2010
    Don Ive had the same but to be fair i did play like a nob....
    Dohhhhhhh...it's been so emotional for me also as to top off my nobby play I dropped my ice-cream on the floor (cry)
  • edited June 2010
    Don Ive had the same but to be fair i did play like a nob.... Dohhhhhhh...it's been so emotional for me also as to top off my nobby play I dropped my ice-cream on the floor (cry)
    Posted by BananaDog
    Actually since ive moved to cash, my play has improved, im now that little bit looser, gone back to the way i built myself up rather than the way iwas winning tournaments, which is a little better but also worse at the same time.

Im now winning more smaller pots, but i no longer win the bigger pots i used to. It sort of works both ways, ive learnt to read far better, ive just made silly calls when i know im behind, if i can drum a little confidence back ill be back on the tables tonight, but its just my reads are so spot on and im not believeing them. As i said before i even predicted the ending of a hand before any bets where made. How i dont know, I just turned to my mate, watch this ive got A8 ill flop two pair (admitedly i did hit two pair but not until a cheap river) and my opponent who was in SB will have flopped triped kings. When it actually happened i was stunned. 

Although thanks to the xbox i have a little confidence back and may well break my promise and return to the tables.  
  • edited June 2010
    Don, these runs can go on for ever - you just got to start each day with a fresh approach - if you aren't getting benefits for 6 weeks then you seriously need to review your BR because you need money to live off and one cooler could damage you etc. Im currently on a massive break from poker because in the end it really affected me - hope you don't have the run I had but I know how hard it is to play consistently in order to make money - just take care of yourself man an I hope you get a job soon :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: One of those days : Actually since ive moved to cash, my play has improved, im now that little bit looser, gone back to the way i built myself up rather than the way iwas winning tournaments, which is a little better but also worse at the same time. Im now winning more smaller pots, but i no longer win the bigger pots i used to. It sort of works both ways, ive learnt to read far better, ive just made silly calls when i know im behind, if i can drum a little confidence back ill be back on the tables tonight, but its just my reads are so spot on and im not believeing them. As i said before i even predicted the ending of a hand before any bets where made. How i dont know, I just turned to my mate, watch this ive got A8 ill flop two pair (admitedly i did hit two pair but not until a cheap river) and my opponent who was in SB will have flopped triped kings. When it actually happened i was stunned.  Although thanks to the xbox i have a little confidence back and may well break my promise and return to the tables.  
    Posted by The_Don90
    yey well done Don, I'm glad you got your confidence back and are doing well :)
    My darlin' hubby got me another ice-cream but then I got an ice-cream headache - It's not going well....then to top it off I keep a little notebook with record of my daily amount and how many games I've won/lost but cos I'd had enough of cash, when my hubby said "so, what you gonna play? cash or DYM's" I launched the notepad through the livingroom into the kitchen and Dobby my doberman chewed it :(
    ...think I better go have a cuppa and rethink! lol
    xxx be lucky ducky xxx
  • edited June 2010
    I've had a couple of days of it. The better I get at working out that I am ahead and someone's trying to push me off the pot, the more I get rivered.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: One of those days : yey well done Don, I'm glad you got your confidence back and are doing well :) My darlin' hubby got me another ice-cream but then I got an ice-cream headache - It's not going well....then to top it off I keep a little notebook with record of my daily amount and how many games I've won/lost but cos I'd had enough of cash, when my hubby said "so, what you gonna play? cash or DYM's" I launched the notepad through the livingroom into the kitchen and Dobby my doberman chewed it :( ...think I better go have a cuppa and rethink! lol xxx be lucky ducky xxx
    Posted by BananaDog
    Im sitting on the NL8 table right now, hit two pair only to walk into a straight, reloaded, and now im on my way back, every desision i make boosts my confidence, every good fold, every good call, most reads are getting better and better. Im watching one player in particular, 90% of the time shes a calling station, but when she bets out she has nothing. As a result im watching exactly what she does, if she checks ill check unless im strong, if shes bet and ive got better than bottom pair i call. Taken a couple of bob in 10 mins thanks to it. :D

Not one for sharing bad wins, although i was ahead when the money went in. Maybe a little bit of Karma came to save and a nice big confidence boost to join.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xSmall blind  £0.04 £0.04 £0.90
    DEDUKE Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £6.12
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

The_Don90 Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £4.82
    demondave Fold     
    BALTIMORE Fold     
    ajeb Fold     
    xCall  £0.20 £0.56 £0.70
    DEDUKE Fold     
    Flop

• J

xCheck     
    The_Don90 Bet  £0.56 £1.12 £4.26
    xAll-in  £0.70 £1.82 £0.00
    The_Don90 Call  £0.14 £1.96 £4.12
    xShow

The_Don90 Show
    • K
    • J

Turn

River

The_Don90 Win Flush to the King £1.82  £5.94
    Oh how much i thought id hated that turn. Id looked away thinking not again, and boom diamond, didnt even realise id had a flush until the King went bright red. Massive sigh of relief