You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Saturday Show Thread - Cheekbones, MasterCash, Top of the Pots, & MAYBE something more...

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

While we all try to calm down after the excitement of last night's England match, tonight we get back to Channel 865 & "MasterCash".

Lisa-Marie will be at the steering wheel, Heaven help us, & I'll be in the back seat, eyes covered.

Hour One will be regular MasterCash action, with action from Master Cash #'s 9 & 10, both of which are 25p 50p.

Hours 2 & 3 - see next Post. Oooohhhhh!

Finally, at 11pm until Midnight, it's crash-bang wallop hour, as we do the now familiar shouty-wouty stylee Top of the Pots. We finish at midnight, as LML has a tendency to turn into a pumpkin if she stays out any later.

We have the usual freebies to dish out - including one or more entries to next Friday's "Take-on-tikay" jobbie, plus Sky Poker caps & key-rings & stuff - for any "worthy" e-Mails.
Post stuff on this thread, OR via e-Mail, the addy is as usual....

skyopen@bskyb.com

e-Mail subjects? - up to you, but there will DEFFO be a prize for "Most memorable moment from last night's England match". So that should be easy. There will bdefinitely be a prize for the first person to guess what I thought was easily the "moment of the match".

Channel 8pm until Midnight. After which I'm having the whole of Sunday off. Been "some week", in more ways than you could ever begin to imagine. If I ever write the book, this week gets it's own chapter.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    The final whistle?

Looking forward to watching tonight guys...I recon it's gonna be a good un :o)

x
  • edited June 2010

The bird on the net.

• edited June 2010
    Most memorable moment from last night's England match for me was the bird sitting in Algeria goal and commentator saying its the safest place 4 it!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    lol i type slow!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    i`v just woken up hav england scored yet ?????
  • edited June 2010
    The final whistle did indeed have a very nice shrill to it - the referee is to be applauded on the outstanding command of his pea. 
  • edited June 2010

So what's going on in Hours 2 & 3 of tonight's Show?

Well, the way my day is going (because I'm supposed to be sorting it), nothing. In which case, Miss Long & myself will have a tete-tete, with, quite possibly, an in-depth discussion on football tactics, spread betting pros & cons, how many beans make five, & the price of eggs.

But.....

If it comes together - IF - we hope to run something called "Sky Poker BIG GAME".

"BIG GAME" will be a special Cash Game with a minumum & maxium pull-up of £1,000. If they drop below £1,000, they can ONLY pull up to £1,000.

The Tables (there will be two, to give some "overspill") will arrive in The Cash Lobby at about 7.30pm, & the guys who have committed to it will be starting to play at around 8pm. We will follow the action - with a slight delay, of course, as we cannot show it, or even see it, in real-time in the TV Studio - for an hour or two, all being well.

We have five players confirmed so far, with quite a few other "probables". Anyone can join, if course, if they so wish. DanTB10 was due to play, but has just told me he has to cancel, as some personal stuff arose.

But it's the first time I, & we, have done this, so I'm not 100% sure if it will happen, or how it will pan out.....

We shall see. Or not, as the case may be.

• edited June 2010
    WOW!

Sounds ACE! (do people not born in the seventies even say that anymore???)

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

EXCELLENT idea and my compliments to the originator

x
  • edited June 2010
    This should be worth watching ! Better than the England game anyway.

Dont think I will try and take on the big boys at their own game, but I will try and learn a bit.

• edited June 2010
    The best thing from last nights game was the phone buzzing from Tikays Tweets

Also i See you have a bucket list Tikay and you have crossed off Pebble Beach (GRRRRRRRRRR) what have you got left to do.

Squawks
  • edited June 2010
    can you please give e mail need wife to set it up
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Saturday Show Thread - Cheekbones, MasterCash, Top of the Pots, & MAYBE something more...:
    The best thing from last nights game was the phone buzzing from Tikays Tweets Also i See you have a bucket list Tikay and you have crossed off Pebble Beach (GRRRRRRRRRR) what have you got left to do. Squawks
    Posted by hawk7112
    Lol, I need a little more time than I have today to do that one! But, in brief......

I had to cross Pebble Beach off - that's WAY too tough for me to even contemplate these days, as my golf swing has become somewhat agricultural.

But it does include finding peace & solitude - trouble seems to follow me wherever I go, usually from those banned from Poker Forums (not just this Forum), driving across the USA from New York to California, playing Macrihanish Golf Course, reading all my books once more (I have 1000's!), spreading the wisdom of Warren Buffett & Charlie Munger, & watching ALL the big sports events on TV from start to finish (they cover them SO well), such as The Open, Royal Ascot, The Masters, Cheltenham Fessie, Moto GP, Test Cricket, & many many more. In fact, watching all the big sports events on TV was one of the main reasons I retired, I was so looking forward to that. But I messed up there a bit. ;)

In poker, most boxes are ticked, though I'm starting to wish I'd played the WSOP Main, & I deffo want to play - more than anything - one of the Las Vegas Deepstack Fessies, either at Ceasars or The Venetian. But they cost plenty, & I'm a bit miserly with spending big numbers on Poker these days.  

Oh yes - pack up smoking - that's next, after Vegas.

But for now, I'm blessed to have a wonderful job here at Sky Poker, so until they rumble me, the Bucket List will have to wait.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Saturday Show Thread - Cheekbones, MasterCash, Top of the Pots, & MAYBE something more...:
    In Response to Re: Saturday Show Thread - Cheekbones, MasterCash, Top of the Pots, & MAYBE something more... : Lol, I need a little more time than I have today to do that one! But, in brief...... I had to cross Pebble Beach off - that's WAY too tough for me to even contemplate these days, as my golf swing has become somewhat agricultural. But it does include finding peace & solitude - trouble seems to follow me wherever I go, usually from those banned from Poker Forums (not just this Forum), driving across the USA from New York to California, playing Macrihanish Golf Course, reading all my books once more (I have 1000's!), spreading the wisdom of Warren Buffett & Charlie Munger, & watching ALL the big sports events on TV from start to finish (they cover them SO well), such as The Open, Royal Ascot, The Masters, Cheltenham Fessie, Moto GP, Test Cricket, & many many more. In fact, watching all the big sports events on TV was one of the main reasons I retired, I was so looking forward to that. But I messed up there a bit. ;) In poker, most boxes are ticked, though I'm starting to wish I'd played the WSOP Main, & I deffo want to play - more than anything - one of the Las Vegas Deepstack Fessies, either at Ceasars or The Venetian. But they cost plenty, & I'm a bit miserly with spending big numbers on Poker these days.   Oh yes - pack up smoking - that's next, after Vegas. But for now, I'm blessed to have a wonderful job here at Sky Poker, so until they rumble me, the Bucket List will have to wait.
    Posted by Tikay10
    If you stop I'll stop...we could set up a stop smoking keep pokering thread!!!

x
  • edited June 2010
    With regard to last night's game I blame ITV entirely - if they had cut to an advert break we would have been certain to score.
  • edited June 2010
    The most memorable moment for me in last night's game was my 4th can of lager. It went down almost as well as Heskey does.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Saturday Show Thread - Cheekbones, MasterCash, Top of the Pots, & MAYBE something more... : skyopen@bskyb.com
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks sent e-mail i hope
  • edited June 2010
    most memoreable moment 4 me was not havin police round, had knowt to shout about, fell asleep after 10 minutes
  • edited June 2010

Yes yes I just can't wait to have an indepth conversation about the Football game that happened last night..

Oh wait.. It didn't.

Hahahahahaha....Ahem.

Almost as exciting as the first England game where the add break totallly covered the goal.. Genius.

FIASCO!!!!

Looking muchly forward to tongiht's show.. All I can say is hold on tight because I still don't have a licence and Tikay is erm.. well how do I put it politely.. A bit of a classic ;)

• edited June 2010
    Yes yes I just can't wait to have an indepth conversation about the Football game that happened last night.. Oh wait.. It didn't. Hahahahahaha....Ahem. Almost as exciting as the first England game where the add break totallly covered the goal.. Genius. FIASCO!!!! Looking muchly forward to tongiht's show.. All I can say is hold on tight because I still don't have a licence and Tikay is erm.. well how do I put it politely.. A bit of a classic ;)
    Posted by Lisa_Marie
    AT LEAST THE CLASSICS ARE RELIABLE ??
  • edited June 2010
    Im not gonna bother entering your competition as the prize is a rebuy tourney, and ive taken an oath not to play these until the rake is removed from the rebuys, and even if i won a seat, it might cost me a packet in rebuy rakes lol - bet you dont read this one out!!
  • edited June 2010
    Highlight of the game last night?  I think the Stephen Gerrard shot in the first half I think, mainly due to the fact that the ball he hit landed in my garden about two ours ago.

Really looking forward to 'The Big Game.'  Good luck to all involved.
  • edited June 2010
    I bet your lovin all the football talk Lisa. Only another 3weeks to go . Then youve got the football season starting within a month to look forward to

100% that bird on the net Tikay . I,d stake my house on it. I bet you looked it up as well

I,ll be watchin tonight and checking on the Open and the Demark game. Have a good show
  • edited June 2010
    greetings.
    best wishes for the show tonight. probably won't get to watch much of the first part of the show as i managed to sat in for my first ever Open!! will still listen though (the tv is in another room) and hopefully won't get to watch for a long while....please please poker gods!!!

have fun.
    laurie (lozgo)
  • edited June 2010

Hi Lisa & Tony have a great show tonite will be watching & learning am looking forward to 2nd & 3rd hour reckon it'll be good veiwing

Highlight of last nites game was Heskey getting substituted lets hope capo changes the formation for final game on Wed  i'd like to see 4-4-1-1 & this could be the Team to get us through

J. HART

G. JOHNSON            J. TERRY          M. DAWSON             A. COLE

G. BARRY               F. LAMPARD          
             S. WRIGHT-PHILIPS                                                                     J. COLE

S. GERRARD
                                                     ROONEY                             

• edited June 2010
        Hi Lisa & Tony have a great show tonite will be watching & learning am looking forward to 2nd & 3rd hour reckon it'll be good veiwing     Highlight of last nites game was Heskey getting substituted lets hope capo changes the formation for final game on Wed  i'd like to see 4-4-1-1 & this could be the Team to get us through                                                              J. HART                     G. JOHNSON            J. TERRY          M. DAWSON             A. COLE                                               G. BARRY               F. LAMPARD                    S. WRIGHT-PHILIPS                                                                     J. COLE                                                                                                                            S. GERRARD                                                  ROONEY                                  
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    good idea for the team
  • edited June 2010
    This is why I love Master Cash.

You come on to learn about poker and instead Tikay tells you "There was a bus company called Stent", before going into a monologue about buses. 

Tikay = Legend. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks T.k Beccy Well pleased to get mentioned on television, now up up all night :L LOL.
  • edited June 2010
    the team                                 james
                         johnson        terry          king           cole

barry

lennon                gerrard            lampard                cole

rooney
    why bother playing defensive against rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Lisa-Marie, Hi Tikay

It's Aaron's Birthday (Machka) so please wish him a very Happy Birthday!

PS Information supplied by Acebarry as usual! ;)