You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SAT NIGHTMARE

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
RIGHT HERE GOES ,IVE BEEN SILENT ABOUT THIS FOR SOME TIME NOW ,LAST YEAR I WAS PLAYING THE OPEN ALMOST EVERY NIGHT , VIA SAT,FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS IVE ONLY MANAGED 2 GET THROUGH ABOUT ONCE OR TWICE.EVERYTIME I GET NEAR THE BUBBLE ,IM  SCREWED ,EVERYTIME ,WITHOUT FAIL.       ITS GOT SO BAD THAT IM FRIGHTEND 2 GET INVOLVED IN A POT ,BCAUSE I KNOW IM GOING OUT ,REGARDLESS OF HOW I PLAY THE HAND ,OR WHAT CARDS I BEEN DEALT .     IVE PLAYED THE 4 OCLOCK SAT 2 DAY ,10 PLAYERS LEFT ,6 PLACES GET THROUGH,UTG FLAT CALLS AND IVE GOT AK ON BUTTON ,I SHOVE ALLIN AND UTG CALLS WITH AA.DONT GET ME WRONG ,I DONT NORMALLY PLAY GUNG HO POKER ,BUT I DIDNT WANT  2B CALLED ,TURNS OUT THE FLOP COMES ACE KING RAG ,THE TURN IS A KING ,RIVER RAG.     NOW THEN IVE BN CAUGHT IN THIS HAND WITH MY PANTS DOWN BASICALLY ,AND I AGREE ,BUT THERE IS NO WAY I COULD PLAY THIS HAND ANY OTHER WAY ,OTHER THAN LOSING MY STACK ,THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING EVERYTIME I PLAY A SAT,THIS IS NOT ANOTHER AREA 51 WINGE,BUT MY GAME HASNT CHANGED ,AND I KNOW IM PLAYING AS WELL AS I CAN ,VARIANCE IS PART OF THE GAME ,WHICH I ACCEPT ,I WOULD JUST LIKE 2 KNOW ,WHAT THE H ELL IS GOING ON ,BCAUSE IM GETTING CHEESED OFF,IM STARTING 2 BELIEVE THAT THERE IS MORE 2 THIS ,THAN MEETS THE EYE, CAN U BLAME ME??????????? GL AT  THE TABLES GUYS FROM A PEEED OFF TEN

Comments

• edited August 2009

Hi , Totally understand where you are comming from, last year i managed more often than not to qualify in sats for the open, as a low depositor this was the option of choice when finances allowed, now i have almost abandoned the open sats as no matter how  i try to play, its bubble or bust. What seems weird to me was that when money was less tight and i was able to deposit higher amounts i managed to cash in the open and the velocity, including hiting second place twice.  now on the rare occasion that i have made it in, it seems as if im a chip dispensing machine  as i get outdrawn in every direction. ok sour grapes are for squashing,  but i seem to spend more time watching other players these days to try and see what im doing wrong. - All i see is certain players seem to have a lucky star permanantly fixed above their heads. They just seem to hit no matter what - i also wouldnt class myself as a bad player and have had some good results on sky but certainly not in recent months, the only place i seem to be allowed to win is in low level DYM - Anything else i get busted out regardless....  goodluck and hope it turns round for you soon...