You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Super Ouch

edited June 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Well I'm a total amatuer compared to you Dohhhh.

But that screams flush or high A to me? And a value bet.

I reckon you've thought someone was representing that and you called it and won. If so, kudos. Actually £25 into £36 after a brick doesn't look like nut-flush. Knowing your rep I'd have let you walk into a nut-flush. He called your raise though - high ace? But your call on the turn should have had alarm bells ringing with a high A. Maybe. A-9? I've had 10 minutes to think about it and you had 15secs. I dunno.

Pray tell, do explain. I'm getting dizzy thinking about it.

Comments

• edited June 2010

Back to the drawing board.

I have a go, and then this.

Is it a fold?

So obvious looking back.

Y me
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xxxSmall blind  £1.00 £1.00 £523.98
    toni2k8 Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £52.70
    dantb10 Sit out     
      Your hole cards
    • A

Cowgomoo Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £7.00 £10.00 £157.30
    xxxCall  £6.00 £16.00 £517.98
    toni2k8 Fold     
    Flop

• A

xxxCheck     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £10.00 £26.00 £147.30
    xxxCall  £10.00 £36.00 £507.98
    Turn

xxxBet  £25.00 £61.00 £482.98
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £25.00 £86.00 £122.30
    River

• A

xxx Bet  £122.00 £208.00 £360.98
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010

I actuallly thought he had ace 4.

And called to see if I was right! :)

Haha easy fold at 15p/30p

But at this level he can do this with 3 highhhhhhhhh cant he?

Nevermind bak to the grind, best delete his name apologies!!
  • edited June 2010
    Ok Dohhhhhhhh, there's a few possibilities here.

You've raised from the button and xxxx has decided to come along and try outplay you.
    My guess here is that he doesn't believe your C-bet and is floating. He bets out on the turn trying to show strength.
    What do we make of the overbet on river? He doesnt believe you have the flush obviously, but he could have hand like AJ/AQ. Table history is obviously important, because unless he knows your gonna pay off that bet with a flush or A-x , it looks like a bet that says "fold please". Im guessin oppo had Kh-Qx
  • edited June 2010
    Am not an expert at these analysis by any means, esp in this company, would nomally just read and learn.....
    But I'm puttin him on A9 all day long!!

Even without knowing player and not seeing prev action, will put mi neck on line, lol:-

My read, he got cautious, case you had one or two hearts maybe, hoping to see turn & river as cheap as poss, thus check call then blocker meybe!! No heart lands turn, then A river giving him house, he value bets hoping you have the flush or ace to give you the mutha of all 'Quandries'!!!!!!!!

One bottle of wine i fold!!
    Two bottles I call, LOL!!!
  • edited June 2010

cheerz guys, as Im waking up, and sobering up, this call is looking worse and worse all the time.

Im trying to put him on a hand that I can beat.

The guy had 3 bet me pre flop a couple of times when I had raised the button, so I assume he would again here with AJ/AQ/AK....

I didn't even consider a made flush, bare King of hearts, but he wouldnt go krazy on the end.

Ace 3, 5, 6, 7, 8....???

Getting abit desperate in an attempt to justify the call now! lol

Live and learn eh!

Its a few hours worth of grinding bak at mi normal level that pot tho!! :(

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Super Ouch:
    Pocket 4's?
    Posted by BrownnDog
    he could of had 4 4 but why would he call the flop with 4 4?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Super Ouch : he could of had 4 4 but why would he call the flop with 4 4?
    Posted by iBLUFF
    Because 1 of them was a heart :( lol
  • edited June 2010
    DID THE FLOP COME DOWN 3 HEARTS?
  • edited June 2010
    depending on who the oppo was i call here most times

• edited June 2010
    I call turn, fold river.
  • edited June 2010
    Move him in for your last 30p and hope he folds.....
  • edited June 2010

Wooooo didn't realise I still had fold equity.

Shud have timed right down then done it, give his internet time to fail, or even a mis click.

Good news is I have a record of having still never lost my whole stack at £1/2!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Wooooo didn't realise I still had fold equity. Shud have timed right down then done it, give his internet time to fail, or even a mis click. Good news is I have a record of having still never lost my whole stack at £1/2!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I'm sure we can change that lol
  • edited June 2010
    pretty nasty spot , i assume you have no reads on villain....

pre flop is fine, flop i think you should be betting more, both for value from KhXx hands and against any pp with a heart....so i think 13-15 is better

i guess villain has seen u c-bet 90+% flops so floating to take it away with equity in his hand is a possiblilty so i think you have to call turn but that should pretty much tell villain what you have so as well as putting villain on a hand you hae to think what his perception of you and your hand is....

does he expect you raise an A here?
    have you been just calling on your draws?
    do you c-bet 100%?
    generally if u bet flop are you betting turn?
    whats your btn raising range?

so when the river comes another A, i think the overbet is rarely a bluff as he expects you to call with any A and any worse PP will fold turn that isnt KhKx

kinda hard as we call turn to effectively call a non heart river and im not a fan of calling turns to fold when a "safe" card comes on river, but in this instance i think re-evaluating given the river bet size is ok and we can find a better spot
  • edited June 2010
    pretty nasty spot , i assume you have no reads on villain.... pre flop is fine, flop i think you should be betting more, both for value from KhXx hands and against any pp with a heart....so i think 13-15 is better i guess villain has seen u c-bet 90+% flops so floating to take it away with equity in his hand is a possiblilty so i think you have to call turn but that should pretty much tell villain what you have so as well as putting villain on a hand you hae to think what his perception of you and your hand is.... does he expect you raise an A here? have you been just calling on your draws? do you c-bet 100%? generally if u bet flop are you betting turn? whats your btn raising range? so when the river comes another A, i think the overbet is rarely a bluff as he expects you to call with any A and any worse PP will fold turn that isnt KhKx kinda hard as we call turn to effectively call a non heart river and im not a fan of calling turns to fold when a "safe" card comes on river, but in this instance i think re-evaluating given the river bet size is ok and we can find a better spot
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    i like this. basically the reasoning why i call turn and fold river. The main part i agree with is the river over bet he puts you on the ace and expects you to call.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Super Ouch : Because 1 of them was a heart :( lol
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    yeah but u cant think ur 4 of hearts is good